TF2 just $2.49

Heeeyyyyyy guys! I just got on here and checked the forums...first saw the part about the sale being back on, but it was already over. Told Tek, and I think he almost cried.

Theeeen I saw Odale's post.
Theeeeeennnn I saw Gerbil's post.

You guys rock! =D Tek is sooooo happy.

He also says he'll buy them both and he'll gladly give one of the extras to bg.

Thanks! Hahaha, I really have to try to learn it now. Don't expect greatness or anything. Unless you expect great noobness, in which case I'm sure I can deliver.

Tek will reply soon. He's eating Chinese leftovers. Nom nom.

Well, I just logged in to my Hotmail account for the first time in, well, years and...there's nothing in there. ;_;

Odale, Gerbil: Is there any way for you guys to re-send the gifts? It may be that my e-mail account was inactive so it didn't receive the e-mail notification.

:(

EDIT: Okay, so it is possible to resend a gift notice. If it gives the option to send it to a different account, please send it to my wife's Steam account.

EDIT: Strike that. Send the gifts to my gummyzergling AT gmail DOT com account instead.

Last edited:
And by the way, I'm still keeping an eye out for the $2.49 sale to reappear. I'd like to have a few extra copies on hand for ToJ members who want to play but can't drop $20 on a new game in good conscience (and, obviously, also miss the sale, which, as I've proven, is easy to do).

So if you see the sale go live again, please send me a PM or instant message. I've added the official TF2 blog to my RSS feeds, but that may not be enough to get the drop on the sale.

It's been resent Odale check your pm's for Tek spamming goodness (I nubber let Tek get away with anything without poking him :p) :).

Sale is back up again until 1:00 pm PDT oh like I didn't see that coming :p .

BTW I forgot to mention the hard copy of TF2 is usually 9.99 on Amazon (with shipping which is free over $25) so it's not quite as big a discount as it appears on steam.

Last edited:
It's been resent
Thank you! I got it and forwarded it on to my wife.

Odale check your pm's for Tek spamming goodness (I nubber let Tek get away with anything without poking him :p) :).
Ain't that the truth. :p

Sale is back up again until 1:00 pm PDT oh like I didn't see that coming :p .
w00t, I just bought 3 spare copies to have on hand.

EDIT: I also posted news about the sale to Tribe of Judah's Twitter feed.

BTW I forgot to mention the hard copy of TF2 is usually 9.99 on Amazon (with shipping which is free over $25) so it's not as big a discount as it appears on steam.
Still, $2.49 is an amazing price for a game of this caliber.

Last edited:
Just a thought Tek but it might be an idea to put up a permanent notice somewhere (A sticky?) you have those TF2 copies available for any CGA/Toj who wish to buy them from you.

Just think he could sell them for $3 each for a 20% profit!

Oh yeah and he could by a Burger from Mc Donalds with that money and the Burger would be tastey and he would savor it becuase he made the money for it and life would be grand and he would get an ad deal from Mc Donalds because of his savvy purchase and Mc Donalds low budget for ads and he would achieve cult niche popularity and star in cammo role in movies and his life would take a downward spiral when his 5 seconds of fame ran out and he would go on Hollywood Squares but that wouldn't last and he would drown his sorrows in Mc Donalds burgers but couldn't afford them now and then die of cholesterol and they would do a tragic made for TV movie and it would be bad. You see Tek now we are obligated to watch a bad movie becuase of your mistake thanks a lot!

Oh yeah and he could by a Burger from Mc Donalds with that money and the Burger would be tastey and he would savor it becuase he made the money for it and life would be grand and he would get an ad deal from Mc Donalds because of his savvy purchase and Mc Donalds low budget for ads and he would achieve cult niche popularity and star in cammo role in movies and his life would take a downward spiral when his 5 seconds of fame ran out and he would go on Hollywood Squares but that wouldn't last and he would drown his sorrows in Mc Donalds burgers but couldn't afford them now and then die of cholesterol and they would do a tragic made for TV movie and it would be bad. You see Tek now we are obligated to watch a bad movie becuase of your mistake thanks a lot!
*lol* that is officially one of the weirdest and funniest posts I've seen in a while. *lol*

*lol* (still laughing) =P

I was waiting for it go on sale today was going get 4 copies for me and my family. I was thinking it would go on sale after church guess not :( The special update is going on till Nov. 2 was thinking they might try to sell it every day for couple hours at special price. I will have to catch it on the next go around :) Also I'm waiting for L4D2 I will wait till Dec. to get it on special also.

I was waiting for it go on sale today was going get 4 copies for me and my family. I was thinking it would go on sale after church guess not :( The special update is going on till Nov. 2 was thinking they might try to sell it every day for couple hours at special price. I will have to catch it on the next go around :) Also I'm waiting for L4D2 I will wait till Dec. to get it on special also.

If you really want a copy ask Tek to see if he wants to sell you one as he has a few spare.

Back