TF2 just $2.49

Thanks for posting about it Vibro I was just going to ^^. Offer ends at 2:00pm PDT so hurry peoplez!

Teamfortress.com said:
From now until 2:00pm PDT, Team Fortress will be available on Steam for the horrifyingly (to our accountants) low price of $2.49! What else can you buy for that price? That's not a rhetorical question, we're interested in all the things we can buy once those $2.49s start rolling in.

There is also a Halloween update I shall post about in the Team Fortress forum section.

Last edited:
w00t! I've been waiting for TF2 to be on sale again now that I have a few bucks! I was even banking on it being $10 or $5. But $2.49 is amazing! Thanks for the heads up guys. I was 10 minutes before it ended =D

Now I can finally get on TF2 night.

I don't suppose anyone happened to pick up a spare copy, eh? I'd be willing to buy it from you for $5. Think of it: one hundred percent profit!

Last edited:
/me throws things

I saw the sale, but it was in between errands. I had planned to buy it for my wife after she got home, but didn't realize the deal ended at 5 p.m. Central. The ONE time I'm not repeatedly checking the CGA forums throughout the day and I miss a sale like this.

Grr.

I don't suppose anyone happened to pick up a spare copy, eh? I'd be willing to buy it from you for $5. Think of it: one hundred percent profit!

I did not think you could transfer them or I would have bought one, I even thought about it :/.

Last edited:
I did not think you could transfer them or I would have bought one :/.
I think you can buy an extra for your own account then give it to someone else later, but I could be mistaken. I know you can buy an item as a gift and have it delivered as a gift.

I know I still have an extra copy of Half-Life 2 that I could give away (and probably will give to my wife).

Before today, I have never seen a sale on Steam that lasted less than 24 hours. I was notified of the sale by instant message and I had no clue that the sale would end so quickly. Even if I had known, I didn't know my wife's Steam account name, so I don't know if I would have been able to send it as a gift anyway.

Frustrating.

EDIT: What's also frustrating is that now that TF2 was on sale for $2.49, I refuse to buy it for any more than $5.

Last edited:
I think you can buy an extra for your own account then give it to someone else later, but I could be mistaken. I know you can buy an item as a gift and have it delivered as a gift.

I know I still have an extra copy of Half-Life 2 that I could give away (and probably will give to my wife).

Before today, I have never seen a sale on Steam that lasted less than 24 hours. I was notified of the sale by instant message and I had no clue that the sale would end so quickly. Even if I had known, I didn't know my wife's Steam account name, so I don't know if I would have been able to send it as a gift anyway.

Frustrating.

EDIT: What's also frustrating is that now that TF2 was on sale for $2.49, I refuse to buy it for any more than $5.

I debated buying an extra copy for myself but it was blanked out.

The sale is on again.

Just brought it. Nice, $2.50...

Oh wow, it ends 7PM!

Last edited:
I have the screen up and will buy it, but I dont know if i can send it to him for him to send to Ember.

Shes not on my friends list.

Edit.

I bought it for Tek and sent it to his email at hotmail he has on his personal info page.

You know what you must do now, Tek :p

Last edited:
Tek has 18 minutes to buy one.

I have the screen up and will buy it, but I dont know if i can send it to him for him to send to Ember.

Ah, so its HER.

I thinking of doing that to others but I noticed 95% of ToJ'ers, own TF2...

Edit.

I bought it for Tek and sent it to his email at hotmail he has on his personal info page.

You know what you must do now, Tek :p

I know what he must do he must find another person to give a copy to becuase I just did the exact same thing >.< :p .

I tried to call him first but he no answer XD .

Last edited:
lol. This is why i posted :p (so not one else would do it!)

Yeah I figured as much but when you said "IDK if I can send it" I ordered it with no time to confirm if you figured out a way. I'm sure he can use a second copy for someone anyway :). Plus he specifically asked about telling him about free/sale stuff just today so I didn't want to screw up day one :p .

Last edited:
The funny thing in this is I actually saw steam pop up with something about "Important Financial Report" and "TF2" while busy in game. Later I spent five minutes trying to figure out what group posted an announcement and trying to see if there was a button to show things that recently popped up. Losing interest I gave up. The perils of belonging to 10 steam groups and not being able to read tiny text while in a FPS >.< .

Tek was in-game with me or had just left then too XD .

Last edited:
Back