So what is going on?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well either way we should decide soon. I speak for myself here but it is holding up building. I dont want to put a bunch of time into my new base if we are gonna reset. If we are not gonna reset I want to continue with my new building but I cant until a decision is made.

We do have a couple, Bumperkaun & Uraikus, that just started. They've done a good bit of work for having only been on the server a short time. I'd like to get their opinions before a reset is done as they seem to be pretty active.

Where is their base? we should go leave signs there so they know to come on here and speak up.

Found it. Left a sign.

I have gone to several places and left sign about this. I dont know how much more response we will get. but at least they are notified.

Last edited:
I myself have a humble beginning of a building. Reality tries to keep me enthralled, but the forces at work making this blockhead at least keep trying continues to sway me into, well, something.
I'll go ahead and say I stand behind my first comment with the addendums of I know we as a community are stable no matter what happens! We, the users of the server, know the powers behind the server will do what's best for the server we are part of. We also know whatever happens is also in our best interest. I also know these thoughts are my understanding of what I've read on the forums, and by no means dictates anyone else's thoughts, just my understanding of the ToJ community.
(And no, I'm not shy lol! I'm more like Hur from the OT. I'm there, doing something important because no one else stepped up, but not necessarily in the spotlight.)
Peace!
:cool:

Me and my wifey are good with a reset. We like all that we built, but at the same time its always fun starting a new world. It'd be fun seeing everyone respark their creativity. :D

So it has been a couple of days. Any word on this? any updates BL? Basically I am wondering if building my current build is worth it or wait for reset. This is hindering building.

I JUST got a beacon. I've been working on a lot of new stuff, and I like our spawn and such. I don't see the point of a reset yet.

Sorry guys, I have been out of town the last couple of days.

I think we should keep the current world we have, border and all, as the spawn world, and use the new Frontier world as the 1.9 world, as it is now. That gives us the ability to keep everything we have, plus get to see the new stuff.

Everyone ok with that? I have seen the responses here, but should I throw up a vote, to make it official? Majority wins?

Sorry guys, I have been out of town the last couple of days.

I think we should keep the current world we have, border and all, as the spawn world, and use the new Frontier world as the 1.9 world, as it is now. That gives us the ability to keep everything we have, plus get to see the new stuff.

Everyone ok with that? I have seen the responses here, but should I throw up a vote, to make it official? Majority wins?

If you are going that route, Majority has the reset.

3 for the rest, 2 either way, and only 1 against. With your vote that is 3/2/2.

I think I am gonna play some where else. One with more active people.

Hey, I literally just saw you yesterday. You didn't even say hi. So, I feel stiffed.

Bl, I think that's a really cool idea that caters to everyone.

Well, if thats the majority then thats what we should do. I'm good either way, since I dont have much stake in the world itself. What I do have can always be rebuilt..

While I do understand this, this has been the problem we have had for a really long time. We aren't that big. People come in, play for a bit, get bored that no one is ever on, and leave.

I honestly would love to see us grow, and have a huge community, but we would need to reach outside of just the ToJ and CGA communities (in which the other two communities have their own MC servers..), since there just isn't enough interest here.

As I have stated in other posts, I am always open to suggestions on what do to make this community stronger. If you have any ideas, please let them fly!

Well I am on the server right now.

1 thing I see often is that we just spread out do our own thing with out doing anything with each other. We need to encourage actual community builds and events.

Another issue I see is we do not have regular reliable staff.

There is no encouragement of Longevity. People are in and then just out.

One of the biggest causes that makes me take big breaks is no activity. There is no community goals. If you go on you tube and you look at some of the more popular things people watch, one of them is Hermit Craft. A bunch of people get together on worlds that revolve and reset, and they build new things with each other and for themselves. One person saves the map files and passes them out to those who want them but as a group they move on and build better things. They challenge each other on what to build and how to do it.

There is no advertisement that this place exists. If you google "christian Minecraft servers" we not even on the first page. No one really knows about us.

I guess I would say my biggest complaint is no one does anything together.

What are you thoughts on all that?

Well I am on the server right now.

1 thing I see often is that we just spread out do our own thing with out doing anything with each other. We need to encourage actual community builds and events.

Another issue I see is we do not have regular reliable staff.

There is no encouragement of Longevity. People are in and then just out.

One of the biggest causes that makes me take big breaks is no activity. There is no community goals. If you go on you tube and you look at some of the more popular things people watch, one of them is Hermit Craft. A bunch of people get together on worlds that revolve and reset, and they build new things with each other and for themselves. One person saves the map files and passes them out to those who want them but as a group they move on and build better things. They challenge each other on what to build and how to do it.

There is no advertisement that this place exists. If you google "christian Minecraft servers" we not even on the first page. No one really knows about us.

I guess I would say my biggest complaint is no one does anything together.

What are you thoughts on all that?

What's the point of having a wide open world if we don't spread out and use it? As for the community build idea, no one else seems to have an issue with folks not participating.

As for the "regular reliable staff", it is completely unreasonable to expect the server admins to be on-call 24/7. This is after-all just a game. These folks have real lives to attend to like the rest of us and real life comes before this game.

Regarding the communities such as Hermit Craft, if that's the type of server you want, please join them. Don't expect everyone on our server to conform to what you want. And if you are about to say that's not what you're doing, the fact that you keep bringing it up suggests otherwise. If the folks on our server want to participate in a joint effort, they will, if they don't want to participate, well, that's OK too. Please, please, please stop bringing it up.

In the case of the "no advertisement", feel free to advertise. Don't expect someone else to do it if you're not willing to do it yourself.

Just my thoughts and opinions.

What's the point of having a wide open world if we don't spread out and use it? As for the community build idea, no one else seems to have an issue with folks not participating.

As for the "regular reliable staff", it is completely unreasonable to expect the server admins to be on-call 24/7. This is after-all just a game. These folks have real lives to attend to like the rest of us and real life comes before this game.

Regarding the communities such as Hermit Craft, if that's the type of server you want, please join them. Don't expect everyone on our server to conform to what you want. And if you are about to say that's not what you're doing, the fact that you keep bringing it up suggests otherwise. If the folks on our server want to participate in a joint effort, they will, if they don't want to participate, well, that's OK too. Please, please, please stop bringing it up.

In the case of the "no advertisement", feel free to advertise. Don't expect someone else to do it if you're not willing to do it yourself.

Just my thoughts and opinions.

You dont have to be a jerk about it. BL asked I answered. And I have never complained about no one participating. I tried to get group things going but I have never complained about no one doing anything.

I am not saying anything about being on 24/7. Stop projecting yourself or your own convictions on other people. I said reliable staff. Right now we have 1 person who able to do anything on the server and he is doing what he can. but it takes days to get any kind of comment out of BL. That is not reliable. No offense to BL, but that is the facts.

This is the first time I have ever brought up hermitcraft. And once again I have never forced my opinion on anyone.

I also never said I wouldn't advertise.

Who pee'd in your cheerios...

First of all, you asked what our thoughts were on your last post. If you don't want the answer to a question, don't ask it. As for you not complaining, almost every post I see from you in the Minecraft forum includes you making some comment about a lack of people wanting to contribute to community projects. Concerning BL's reliability, as I stated before, real life has to take priority over a game. And that's what Minecraft is, a game. If you want someone to be available at your beckon-call, then offer to pay them for their time. You'd at least have reason to criticize then.

Seriously, if you don't like the way the folks of this community do things, you can always move on. Not saying I want that to happen. I'm sure most folks would love nothing more than to sit around playing video games all day but from what I've observed, most of the folks that post on these forums have a lot more going on.

Mitch, come off your horse and calm down. You seriously are out of line. And behaving like a child. Knock it off.

You must have me confused with someone else, or you are not actually reading any of the posts I have made.
http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/threads/community-building-idea.50129/
http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/threads/first-community-project.49846/
http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/threads/community-idea.49836/

The above are the only posts I have ever made about the community project. Only in http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/threads/first-community-project.49846/ did I ever mention anything about no one doing anything and that was because I had no area of my own yet and I was taking a break from the community project. Even then there was no complaining and it just encouraging people to build and use what was there. And since you are new here and where not here for that world, it is gone. When Josh took over that got reset. So calm it down.

So explain to me where all these posts are with me complaining about no one helping out.

The only time I ever complained is when the nether in the frontier broke on portals because of the Multi world bug. Which has been reported to the makers of MW.

I have never said anyone should be at the beckon call. And I don't sit around all day playing video games either. No one here has made any hint to that. Where are you getting all this?

And why are you attacking me with all these passive aggressive remarks? If you have a personal problem with me message me don't start a post war where you have no ground to stand on. And lastly in case you ignored or glossed over what BL asked for, he asked suggestions. Not edicts on how the server is going to behave. He can take what he wants from what I said and do with it as he pleases. At least I gave him suggestions instead of just sitting quietly and then exploding at someone trying to help breath new life into the server.

Is it because you have put so much work on the server? Is it because it took you a long time to build what you have? if so say that! Dont go off on wild tangents that mean nothing and have nothing to do with what you are really feeling. Speak up with what the real problem is. Dont just attack people with baseless accusations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back