So what is going on?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dchsknight

Tribe of Judah Minecraft Community Manager
So what is going on with the server? it is still 1.8.9. No staff is ever on. No word from anyone on what is happening with it?

Any info?

After my last post, I got super busy with work, so wasnt able to get the posts I wanted to done.

This has, and always will be a community led server, and I am open to any suggestions on where to take it. You can start a new thread, or reply to this one, and we will discuss with the whole group (or whoever is still around) and make a decision.

So, what are your thoughts? :)

I've been having a lot of trouble IRL. I've checked in once in the past few months. I'd love to keep the map we're on, but update it to 1.9! When I can regularly play minecraft again (which may be a long time from now), I'd love to join you guys. I may be able to play a little bit more nowadays tho.

Well in my opinion it needs to be updated to 1.9. The new update added a ton of stuff that we are seriously missing out on. The new Combat mechanics add a ton of new depth to the game.

I am not opposed to keeping the server, but we need to remove the 6000 block limit. Because it is 6000 limit if we updated we would not get any of the new stuff because no new chunks are being loaded.

I think we should also remove the multi world plug ins. It messes with the Nether world Portals( it is a known documented issue on their website). See my issue with not being able to come back from the Frontier.

I would like to see us use maybe a theme'ed map. Like one of the presets, like island world or mountain Chaos. just the standard normal maps does not leave much for creativity.

I would also like to see more of an effort for community. Right now there is 0. The staff just kind of up and left with out warning.

Those are my opinions...

Well in my opinion it needs to be updated to 1.9. The new update added a ton of stuff that we are seriously missing out on. The new Combat mechanics add a ton of new depth to the game.

I am not opposed to keeping the server, but we need to remove the 6000 block limit. Because it is 6000 limit if we updated we would not get any of the new stuff because no new chunks are being loaded.

Server has been updated to 1.9.2! I have rebuilt the Frontier world though, so we get all the goodies, and get to keep our current world.

I think we should also remove the multi world plug ins. It messes with the Nether world Portals( it is a known documented issue on their website). See my issue with not being able to come back from the Frontier.

I will need to look into this more. I apologize for not being around to help you when you needed it. I will look into what the issue was, and see if there is any way around it.

I would like to see us use maybe a theme'ed map. Like one of the presets, like island world or mountain Chaos. just the standard normal maps does not leave much for creativity.

I am open to suggestions for new worlds. Just link them up here, and we will see what everyone else thinks!

I would also like to see more of an effort for community. Right now there is 0. The staff just kind of up and left with out warning.

I would like to see this as well, but it is hard to accomplish. We are a small community compared to some out there, and we just don't have the resources to appease everyone, so they go where they can get what they want (sadly, that included myself for a bit. I get bored with vanilla very fast, and like the added features that mods introduce.). I would love to be able to see us having multiple servers, all running different maps and modpacks, and being able to all interact no matter which server you were on, but we just cant with the little that we have.

Those are my opinions...

And we welcome them! Please never feel that you cant express your opinions! We want to hear what people like, and what they think should be changed!

I loved tekkit back in the day, i built a "working" 5 stage nuclear reactor.

This is what I have been doing when I get on MC. Vanilla gets boring for me really fast, and I like (need?) all the options that the different modpacks give. There are so many mods, it can make your head spin. I have tried to run a modded server for the group before, but even though it was open to everyone, there was only me, and one other player that was ever on it. I think the reason that most gave was the running the modpacks was to computer intensive, and their machines couldnt run it.

I would totally be open to bringing up a modded server, but it would need to either replace what we currently have, or we would need to collect enough donations to run another server..

This is what I have been doing when I get on MC. Vanilla gets boring for me really fast, and I like (need?) all the options that the different modpacks give. There are so many mods, it can make your head spin. I have tried to run a modded server for the group before, but even though it was open to everyone, there was only me, and one other player that was ever on it. I think the reason that most gave was the running the modpacks was to computer intensive, and their machines couldnt run it.

I would totally be open to bringing up a modded server, but it would need to either replace what we currently have, or we would need to collect enough donations to run another server..

I would love to play a modded server as long as I can still build stuff traditionally too.

But here is the deal and I have seen this in the past here and it bothers me a lot. There are people who come on this forum and give opinions about what should be done with this server and while they might be valuable members of this community they do not step foot onto the server but for a few moments. Then those people are given weight on what should happen with this server. I dont think that is right. We should not allow people who have 0 investment into the server or have not played very much have anything to do with it. As far as I can see Mitch and I have the biggest investment into this server, along with Cowrocket. With Mitch being the largest investment.

I Have never played tekkit.

I say replace the server with something new, like tekkit, tell us what we need to get on and lets do it.

There is a massive war in EvE atm, I dont see me having the time to build minecraft anytime in the near future. But if "we" do get a tekkit server, I will check it out occasionally. Love building machines :)

I say replace the server with something new, like tekkit, tell us what we need to get on and lets do it.
But if "we" do get a tekkit server, I will check it out occasionally. Love building machines :)

Ok, I brought up a FTB Infinity server on a server I have access to at work (yes, they are ok with it for now, might be temp though). We can see what mods people like to play with. This one has the most diverse (read = Most) list out there.
IP Address: 64.71.12.134

You can download the client files from the Curse Launcher, or the FTB launcher. (I would reccomend the Curse Launcher, since it has a lot of different modpacks that you can explore.) The one you want should be close to the top, if not first. Just download the required pack, and then start it up.

I have started a little area close to spawn, and close to a large village. Hope to see people on!

I am not familiar with FTB. I will check it out getting the launcher going now. What exactly should I be downloading.

I am not familiar with FTB. I will check it out getting the launcher going now. What exactly should I be downloading.
You want the Infinity Evolved pack. You should just be able to download the pack and start it up. Once started everything is the same to connect to the server.

While Infinity looks good and looks to have tons to offer, I wouldn't want it to be our only option. I'd prefer the current server remain as it is. I wouldn't mind starting over fresh on it if enough folks agree. As for getting another server going for a modded world, what would the estimated cost be?

Last edited:
I would also not mind starting over. I tried out the modded stuff and I cant run it. IT is to much on my computer to handle. Which is crazy, because I run wow with add ons and such with no issue, but this I cant run.

A fresh remake of a server with out the 6000X6000 limit and all the abandoned bases would be nice.

I've held off commenting since I'm one of the newer members here. I'm open to whatever the majority wishes.
I will admit I'll miss the head-start I gained from the donation chests, but that's Minecraft!
Peace!
:cool:

While Infinity looks good and looks to have tons to offer, I wouldn't want it to be our only option. I'd prefer the current server remain as it is. I wouldn't mind starting over fresh on it if enough folks agree. As for getting another server going for a modded world, what would the estimated cost be?
I wouldnt want it to be our only option either, but as I stated in a previous post, I am not sure we have enough people to have multiple servers. :)

I would also not mind starting over. I tried out the modded stuff and I cant run it. IT is to much on my computer to handle. Which is crazy, because I run wow with add ons and such with no issue, but this I cant run. A fresh remake of a server with out the 6000X6000 limit and all the abandoned bases would be nice.
Interesting that you cant run it. I know its pretty intensive, since there are so many mods in it. If we wanted, we could look for something that is less resource intensive? But it sounds like so far everyone is good with Vanilla.

I've held off commenting since I'm one of the newer members here. I'm open to whatever the majority wishes.
I will admit I'll miss the head-start I gained from the donation chests, but that's Minecraft!
Peace! :cool:
Everyone who plays gets to have a say, so dont be shy!

I wouldnt want it to be our only option either, but as I stated in a previous post, I am not sure we have enough people to have multiple servers. :)

Interesting that you cant run it. I know its pretty intensive, since there are so many mods in it. If we wanted, we could look for something that is less resource intensive? But it sounds like so far everyone is good with Vanilla.

Everyone who plays gets to have a say, so dont be shy!

Unfortunately I do not think you will get much more say. There are about 10 houses on the server that are broken down and unfinished by people who where on for like a few days and then dropped off the face of the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back