Saints of the Old Republic

If you support deconstructive analysis, the Republic, at least by the time of the Star Wars movies, is a powerful terrorist organization with a very skilled PR team...

Yes, yes, Alright already! I think we all understand that the Republic are not necessarily the "good guys". We know, like history has shown us (and continues to show us >.>) that when a bad egg comes to power in a government-the whole thing can go bad.

The same "bad guys" seeking to over throw a good government are now the "good guys" once that same government goes corrupt. It's a matter of public perception.

Soooo....at this particular point in the SW timeline-the Republic are the "good guys" and the Sith are the "bad guys" and our choices are: Do I, as a player, want to affiliate myself with the side that is perceived as "good" or, do I want to be associated those who are perceived as "bad"?

I want to be among those that are associated with "bad" while demonstrating actions that are "good" there by pointing them to my savior who is the source of "good"

Oh wait, did you mean in swtor?

Considering my usual financial status, I think I'll wind up sticking with EVE until I can afford two subscriptions. Plus with EVE the 'good' and 'bad' takes second place to one very exciting and important facet of life in the cold frontier of outer space: trust someone you don't really know once and you're dead and podded. Do it twice and they'll laugh at your idiocy in the forums usually with screenshots to boot.

More on topic, I really have to laugh at the whole 'good guys' vs 'bad guys' debate in Star Wars or MMOs in general. If someone gets so associated with the game that they think (or they believe others think) their faction allegiance says or defines their moral character, it is time to step away from the game for a while. And besides, Nothing says 'God loves you man!' like a massive blast of lightning to the face... :D

Order vs Chaos in Warhammer Online would provide a better argument for the whole 'good' vs 'bad' association for a Christian guild (and was probably hashed out to death and back by our current WAR guild), but c'mon it is STAR WARS. Anyway, it has been decided that there will be a Republic guild in SWTOR, and if people feel so strongly that they must play Sith, stand up and offer to be the Guild Leader...

Oh I am sure there will be an Empire guild by the time it launches. It is just a matter of who has the time/availability to lead it. I know I would love to, but my wife would clip the internet cables if she were to hear I agreed to be a Guild Leader. Personally I think its too early to ask someone to step up and lead. Only if someone is completely dedicated at this time should they take leadership. Asking someone to agree prematurely just risks leadership having to bail or fall apart before the game even launches.

Last edited:
I agree with ewoks (which is strange to me). It is early too early to do much planning.

I would, if I were to play, probably roll Empire. Jedi are too new age / hindu for me to enjoy.

Oh an in the end the reason Redeemed Warhammer picked Order had more to do with clothing than anything else.

Oh an in the end the reason Redeemed Warhammer picked Order had more to do with clothing than anything else.

I think it was mainly because it had Dwarfs with rifles and roflcopter mounts.

/OT

Oh I am sure there will be an Empire guild by the time it launches.
Anyway, it has been decided that there will be a Republic guild in SWTOR, and if people feel so strongly that they must play Sith, stand up and offer to be the Guild Leader...
We had a similar debate on the Tribe of Judah forums. We decided to start two guilds (one Galactic Republic, one Sith Empire) prior to launch.

This thread isn't about Tribe of Judah, though; it's about Saints of the Old Republic.
I know I would love to, but my wife would clip the internet cables if she were to hear I agreed to be a Guild Leader.
Your wife is a wise woman. I believe mine would do the same, and rightly so.

So do you sleep on the couch for being the president o0.
For bring the President of the Christian Gamers Alliance and President of Tribe of Judah? Nope.

But if I were to volunteer to lead a Christian guild in addition to all the work I already do, she would be well within her rights to be upset.

A supportive family is essential for any major volunteer work. My brother is a local firefighter and in a small town you get to know everyone on the department. From knowing the officers and chief they all say that with out their support at home there is no way they could still be doing it today. So, I will always say Thank you to Tek, but also thank you to Ember for supporting Tek's hard work.

Can it be Wicket Wystri Warrick?

or does it need to be eeeeevil like darthewoksidius?

Last edited:
Can we get this thread back on track?

What should Ewoks name be in SW-mmothingy.

How is THAT on track?? While important-Ewoks SW:TOR name is not what this thread be all about!

Hey, did I mention this great, new SW:TOR christian guild which will be playing on the Republic side of the conflict and is not directly affiliated with the CGA or Tribe of Judah but I'm working on it and which would be happy to take on folks who want to play SW:TOR in the event that we can't get our act together over here and get a SW:TOR chapter together of our own unless it's a Sith one in which case if we do get our act together even that much we can KOS each other in a wonderful, christian way of course??

I think it would be neat to be on opposite sides from friends. Then we could talk up the stories of battle in the forums and even try to set events where we meet on opposite ides of the battle field at certain times.

I am feeling like love is important and that passion is real and a part of any life. So, that means I need to play a Sith.

Back