Saints of the Old Republic

Bro.T

Greetings from Saints of the Old Republic. SOTOR is a Christian Guild based in the upcoming Star Wars: The Old Republic online game. Our Guild will provide & focus on:

1. Honoring God
2. Structured Organization
3. A Christian & Large Family Atmosphere
4. A Friendly, Helpful Environment
5. Moral Conduct Rules
6. Perpetual Open Recruitment
7. Guild Support for & Voluntary Involvement in everything TOR has to offer including Crafting, PvP, Raiding, and Story

Our guild will always strive to promote a friendly Christian environment and a family-centered atmosphere that's free from cussing, vulgarity, innuendos, and secularism. SOTOR will be the "Haven of Rest" & Relaxation for all born-again believers as well as a place of fun fellowship among fellow brothers and sister in Christ in the Star Wars The Old Republic universe.

If you plan on playing SW:TOR and are looking for a christian guild, please visit our website at http://sotor.guildlaunch.com to find out more. Maybe SOTOR is just what you are looking for. We realize you may already be planning on establishing a presence in SW:TOR. If so, stop by and let us know. We would love to discuss an alliance between our guilds!

Feel free to direct any quesitons you may have to our guild leader, Jao Thaun, or myself. God bless and may the Lord be with you!

Armethis
Recruitment Officer
Saint of the Old Republic

I'm not sure how its going to work out in the game. Assuming guilds will be faction based, we'll be restricted to republic classes. Your sith will just have to be an alt, bro.:)

You underestimate the power of the dark side of the force.

The game does look appealing (but I am too poor to play it lol...).

I am curious as to what the reasoning is behind choosing to play Republic classes and not Sith classes.

That seems like an obvious answer to me. While the whole idea of "the force" is quite anti-God, pagan and newage...The Light side definitely has more Christ-like qualities with compassion and mercy and helping the greater good, while the Dark side seems to be all about greed, selfishness, pride, and personal power. I guess.

That seems like an obvious answer to me. While the whole idea of "the force" is quite anti-God, pagan and newage...The Light side definitely has more Christ-like qualities with compassion and mercy and helping the greater good, while the Dark side seems to be all about greed, selfishness, pride, and personal power. I guess.

How is the "force" anti-God and pagan? I think if you replace the words "the force" and replace it with God, Star Wars can take a very Christian turn, both for the light and dark side.

Easily fooled one is by lacking force knowledge. One must study carefully the ways of the Jedi to know.

Lucas used all major religions and combined them into one "Jedi" religion. This is why some many people identify with the force. It is also one of the things that make Star War so successful.

I know I will be playing Sith as my first character.

It's becoming tradition. KOTOR I & II I went totally Sith, and I'll continue on ridding the universe of those pesky jedi... :p

Assuming I'm not playing Alliance, I'll probably be Sith. A Bounty Hunter is really cool, although I'm hoping you can go for the not-Boba Fett-clone bounty hunter paths.

Lucas used all major religions and combined them into one "Jedi" religion. This is why some many people identify with the force. It is also one of the things that make Star War so successful.

Star Wars was successful because it sparked the imagination while providing a believable foundation. Sure the death star is impractical, but it looks like something NASA could come up with if they had an unlimited budget and several planets worth of metal. Add in a little romance (which is technically incest, Lucas has a dirty mind o0). The force is more of a ground in the mystical vs the technological. It provides the [illusion/hope] that a morally just yet technologically inferior group could defeat the galaxy spanning empire. The movies make it clear that the force is powerful, yet it shows the weakness of the characters (ben unable to speed up the falcon, unable to defeat vader, luke unable to twist jabba's mind, helpless w/ feet frozen in ice, vader dying after finally overcoming the dark side, etc).

The force has about as much influence as a Christian going to yoga sessions.

Back