What about...

Atoned
Unbound
Sanctified
Reclaimed
Reborn
Absolved
Ransomed

I dunno, I'm just throwing out more one-word names that seem to give the same impression as Redeemed. I like Unbound--it sounds like we're about to GO CRAZY ON YOUR ALLY BUTT!!

Inc more random guild names--!
-Forgiven-
-(I like silverpie's Bought By Blood)-
-Or Blood Bought maybe?-
-Set Free-
Ill try to think of more..

I like Blood Bought.

Or, another suggestion:

The greek word for redeemed is poieo-pronounced poy-eh'-o.
The hebrew word for redeemed is a little harder as there are a number of different words translated as redeemed. All basically deal with the act or action and not the object. Our name, Redeemed, in context is pointing to the object of redemption, not the action of redemption.

More to follow....

so, to continue...

most of the hebrew words translated as "redeemed" have meanings such as sever, or erect/build, release, ransom, preserve, etc. or mean-to redeem or buy back, to act or play the part of the kinsman redeemer. Again, these don't "look" at the object of redemption but the act itself primarily.

There is one phrase, which is pidyom, pidyon-pronounced pid-yome', pid-yone' which means "a ransom" or "ransom", "that were redeemed", or "redemption".

Sticking with the idea of a hebrew or greek word; I came across "scapegoat" the other day. That word is azazel-pronounced az-aw-zale. It refers, of course, to the Levitical system in which lots where cast on two goats, one was the sacrifice and the other was led into the wilderness and set free (scapegoat). The object (scapegoat) of this "setting free" would be similar (the idea, not the word) to the object of redemption=the redeemed.

Course, if we want others to have a clue about what the name means, I'd go with blood bought;)

Okay I'm new here. So what's going on? Lol coming up with a name for guild? Bought By Blood is good, plus it's got alliteration to it hahaha. Or Price of Blood even, but those r good ideas ya all got. I also wanted to ask if anyone wanted to make a toon with me I'm bored of gearing my 80 mage. I don't really care for horde characters, but I'll make one with someone if ya want, just ask me. Thanks. God Bless us all!

Path of Blood
Clay Soldiers
Blood Soldiers
Newborns
Reborn
Cleansed by Blood

throwing things out there...

I am new to the forum and looking for your members on wow right now also. With all the talk about names antonyms of Redeemed when in fact by the lore history the Horde are more the "good guys" and willing to co-exist. The alliance are hell bent on domination and destroying the Horde... Just something to think about :)

Now the faction change is live. Who's gonna up and start it already!? Flippin' Blizzard is going to suck me back in one day into my "retirement"...

-Chad

Ps- Knetik, welcome! One word: Hellscream... don't even start. I'm one for having the name be a synonym.

Can we start narrowing down? Do we need to start a poll?

Back