Minecraft

Would you like to try it on my account Tek?
It's not so much an issue of trying the game as it is I don't have the gift money. :( The game looks interesting and enough ToJ players play it to justify the $15, but I've spent nearly all my gift money on other games and the remainder is locked down.

EDIT: Nevertheless, thanks for the offer. But there's no point in trying out a game I'm not going to play in the long run. Well, not much of a point, anyway. :)

Last edited:
It's not so much an issue of trying the game as it is I don't have the gift money. :( The game looks interesting and enough ToJ players play it to justify the $15, but I've spent nearly all my gift money on other games and the remainder is locked down.

EDIT: Nevertheless, thanks for the offer. But there's no point in trying out a game I'm not going to play in the long run. Well, not much of a point, anyway. :)

...but does it look like something you would like or play once you got the time Tek? I question because you've said you've got that "gaming ADD" before and I don't know if that applies to tasks involving tons of resource gathering and building.

Xion what do you think about a Toj guest account to loan out to Toj interested in trying the game out? I may, emphasis on may, be willing to buy another account for such a purpose but you'd be the guy responsible for loaning it out and managing it because I'm trying not to get more involved in Minecraft.

Going to sleep now no response for a while fyi .

Last edited:
...but does it look like something you would like or play once you got the time Tek? I question because you've said you've got that "gaming ADD" before and I don't know if that applies to tasks involving tons of resource gathering and building.
Hard to say. I quit questing and leveling in WoW once I hit level 48, but I accumulated respectable wealth on the auction house. It was an unconventional way to play the game, but I enjoyed it. It sounds like Minecraft tends more toward the "wealth building" gameplay style than "raid 4-5 nights every week" gameplay style.

Xion what do you think about a Toj guest account to loan out to Toj interested in trying the game out?
I know I'm not Xion, so I won't answer for him, but your question made me think of a related question: Is it okay for Minecraft players to share their account? I don't want to promote something that's against the game's EULA or ToS.

Is it okay for Minecraft players to share their account? I don't want to promote something that's against the game's EULA or ToS.

Sigh, I guess having a Guest account probably would be and not a thing for an organization like Toj. I still operate under the thought pattern of "I bought it and even if publishers now call it a "license to play a game" instead of a game it's still mine. As long as I am not reproducing it and violating copyright I should be able to wear it like a sparkly hat if I wanted. Then there is the whole issue of reselling physical games being against the license and becoming illegal, so wasteful and evil imo :( .

Edit: It may not be against the EULA after all maybe I should write him...

Edit: Naaaaaaaaarg I hunted down his e-mail, wrote the e-mail and pressed send... then I remembered my outgoing e-mail doesn't work XD, atypical Gerbil fail...

Last edited:
Sigh, I guess having a Guest account probably would be and not a thing for an organization like Toj. I still operate under the thought pattern of "I bought it and even if publishers now call it a "license to play a game" instead of a game it's still mine. As long as I am not reproducing it and violating copyright I should be able to wear it like a sparkly hat if I wanted. Then there is the whole issue of reselling physical games being against the license and becoming illegal, so wasteful and evil imo :( .

Edit: It may not be against the EULA after all maybe I should write him...

Edit: Naaaaaaaaarg I hunted down his e-mail, wrote the e-mail and pressed send... then I remembered my outgoing e-mail doesn't work XD, atypical Gerbil fail...

I did not read anything in there that says it would not be okay for people to share their account... And having a "trial" account I think would be a good thing...

If it's not against the EULA and someone's willing to spend the money, I don't take issue with purchasing a license to use as a Tribe of Judah "trial" account.

What do you need the e-mail for? I've got like...12. At least.

Said associate needs to give me the password for our outbound e-mail. Since I moved to Windows 64 and Thunderbird I haven't managed to get outbound working only inbound. After a few hours trying I thought it best to make sure I was putting in the right password (as it has a different one than inbound) before hunting down any other mistakes I may be making.

I've sent the e-mail and will wait a couple days for a response. If it is not forthcoming I'll probably buy it before the alpha ends with a few days to spare for showing it to perspective buyers. If I do get it the account will only be for official Toj members and celebrity Toj presidential appearances.

Note: The non-committal probably in the me buying it to avoid forum entanglements :p .

Last edited:
Last edited:
...Wait a minute. Each shirt costs more than the game.

o_O

Sadly almost all "name-brand" (think-geek, j!nx, c28, kerusso, etc.) have $20+ t-shirts...actually J!nx has even moved into $25-30 ones...it is lame...and ridiculous...but did we expect the prices of shirts to go down?

That Creeper shirt gives me an idea for a Creeper costume for Halloween (if I celebrated it). I mean can you imagine showing up at some geek's house and he opens the door to find a Creeper on his patio. He's libel to pass out with fear and a geeky-ness overload! :p

I do celebrate it...mostly for the kids...and my co-workers...LOL...I am so coming in to work next year as a creeper... especially since I work with people who play... :D

I've sent the e-mail and will wait a couple days for a response. If it is not forthcoming I'll probably buy it before the alpha ends with a few days to spare for showing it to perspective buyers. If I do get it the account will only be for official Toj members and celebrity Toj presidential appearances.
Any update on a trial account? I was thinking of picking up the game for $15, but the timing of the end of alpha is horrible (after I've spent nearly all my gift money and 5 days before Christmas).

I'd like to try the game out before I drop $15, but I don't know if the free version is a fair representation of the alpha version.

Also: Did Notch every settle that nasty dispute with Paypal? I know if I had hundreds of thousands of dollars locked away, I'd be rather upset.

Any update on a trial account? I was thinking of picking up the game for $15, but the timing of the end of alpha is horrible (after I've spent nearly all my gift money and 5 days before Christmas).

I have no idea...Gerbil hasn't said anything...but it is every bit worth $15 :)

I'd like to try the game out before I drop $15, but I don't know if the free version is a fair representation of the alpha version.

The free version is absolutely NO representation of the Alpha version...it is like...maybe...0.1% of the game...lol...

Also: Did Notch every settle that nasty dispute with Paypal? I know if I had hundreds of thousands of dollars locked away, I'd be rather upset.

I don't know...he never said...but since there is still a PayPal option, I would bet he has...

Tek and Xion I've sent you PMs regarding the Guest account.

Xion is right Alpha has a lot more to do than the free version and more is going to be added as the game enters the beta phase. Only alpha buyers are going to be guaranteed of getting all the updates too.

Speaking personality wise I don't see Tek playing Minecraft regularly as much as visiting for many of the same reasons he visits WoW, see the new buildings, new features, explore, say hi, etc. .

Last edited:
Back