Minecraft

Tek and Xion I've sent you PMs regarding the Guest account.
Received and replied.

Speaking personality wise I don't see Tek playing Minecraft regularly as much as visiting for many of the same reasons he visits WoW, see the new buildings, new features, explore, say hi, etc. .
After playing a little last night (thanks to a generous ToJ member allowing me to borrow his account for an hour or two), I had a chance to see Minecraft Alpha for myself.

And I have to agree with Gerbil's summary. It seems he know my play style and personality quite well. :) I can see why others (especially Gerbil) enjoy the game so much, but for someone whose creative skills tend more toward writing than art, the game holds less personal appeal. There's also the matter of my gaming ADD and, while Minecraft seems like it would be relaxing, I tend to prefer the "drop in, kick rear, take names, drop out" style of gameplay. I can't imagine that changing after there's a little bundle of joy calling me away from the computer every 15-30 minutes.

I may still drop $15 on the game since the price is about to go up and since it's a one-time expense. I did enjoy seeing what other ToJ members had made and I like the idea of a shared world built entirely by players. But with being unemployed, having spent nearly all my gift money, and with a little one set to make her debut in February, even $15 stings to part with right now.

/sigh

I caved and bought the game. And consequently further delayed the purchase of my highly anticipated PS3 game. But $15 for a lifetime license for a game with as much hype as Minecraft was hard to pass up. Too hard, it turns out.

I doubt I'll do much with it in the next few weeks, but I'll probably watch some tutorial videos and read some introductory wiki articles and get buildin' at some point.

Until then, I'll probably just drop by, chat, and admire the architecture.

/sigh

I caved and bought the game. And consequently further delayed the purchase of my highly anticipated PS3 game. But $15 for a lifetime license for a game with as much hype as Minecraft was hard to pass up. Too hard, it turns out.

I doubt I'll do much with it in the next few weeks, but I'll probably watch some tutorial videos and read some introductory wiki articles and get buildin' at some point.

Now I'll have to build him a white house to live in on our server :p !

/sigh

PM me your username so I can add you to the builders list... :D

Now I'll have to build him a white house to live in on our server :p !

Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

I refuse to purchase a game at a higher price than was previously available and I've already spent all but $31 of my gift money (which is reserved for a PS3 title), so it looks like I'll never play Minecraft. Though with the number of games in my backlog, that may not be such a bad thing.

I bid you good fortune and godspeed, Minecraft players.

/sigh

I caved and bought the game.

Way to stick to your guns. :p

/trolling

Way to stick to your guns. :p

/trolling
/cry

I already feel a little silly for buying the game. :(

But I decided to delay (not cancel) my purchase of said $31 PS3 game until after Dec. 26. Unless everyone gives me coal instead of cash, I'll be sticking to that plan.

And if they give me coal, well, maybe I can sell it for cash.

Which game was it again?
You know the one.

</offtopic>

So I logged on to XionTawa's Minecraft server tonight and got builder access. Maybe I'll see if I can scout out a nice place to build a hut in the next few days...

You know the one.

</offtopic>

So I logged on to XionTawa's Minecraft server tonight and got builder access. Maybe I'll see if I can scout out a nice place to build a hut in the next few days...

We are looking forward to seeing your around :D

The Arena is now open, current mini-games: Spleef... More to come... Watch here http://mc.xiontawa.com , and our Facebook group for more info... Actually...I am going to make a twitter account to keep people up to date with junk...it will make it easy for me... :)

EDIT: http://twitter.com/ToJMC We now have a twitter, for keeping you up to date with all the ups and downs, and whatever else is going on with the server :D You don't have to follow it, or even bookmark it...there will be a page for it on http://mc.xiontawa.com ... :)

Last edited:

You so need a Presidential skin for your Minecraft dude Tek. I'm thinking Gorden Freeman.

Ohh I bummed across this interesting build site this link . I won't post any more sites as some have inappropriate skins even if low res pixels.

Last edited:
You so need a Presidential skin for your Minecraft dude[/URL] Tek. I'm thinking Gorden Freeman.

Ohh I bummed across this interesting build site this link . I won't post any more sites as some have inappropriate skins even if low res pixels.

Yeah, even the biggest skin site, where many get their skins, allow ANY skin...even if it does show pixelated genitalia... >_>

Gordan Freeman FTW!

I've continued to work on my house.

I put in a new ceiling and put a fence around my house so the sploders couldn't get to it and hurt it. :p

It seems to be working!

Thanks for letting me download the map XT (and for 'allowing' me to raid all of your items)!

Last edited:
Back