LOTR Online

So, I realize this is an old post, but, does anyone still play Lord of the Rings: Online anymore? I bought the Lifetime Subscription back during the Moria beta (Dec 2008 I think) and I've got a few Freeps and one Creep that I play, though none are very high lvl cause I never did devote much time to the game. I think my highest Freep is lvl 30.

I deleted it to make room for other games. The amount of time required to walk from one area to another was starting to annoy me. I got all the way somewhere and realized I forgot to do something where I came from and decided it wasn't worth my time.

I deleted it to make room for other games. The amount of time required to walk from one area to another was starting to annoy me. I got all the way somewhere and realized I forgot to do something where I came from and decided it wasn't worth my time.
+1

I think this may be the #2 reason I lost interest in MMOs (#1 being a tie between the monthly subscription fee for pay-to-play MMOs and the "flavor of the week" approach most gamers--myself included--take toward F2P MMOs).

EDIT: To anyone interested in playing Lord of the Rings Online with a Christian guild, I recommend checking out Lions of Judah.

EDIT#2: Tribe of Judah did have a LotR Online chapter and guild a few years ago, but it was closed due to inactivity. You can find the archived LotR Online Chapter Forum here.

Last edited:
I was reluctant to post this because I wasn't sure about recruitment posts, but since Tek set a precedent... (feel free to delete if needed)
Recruiting for a guild in another guild's forums is bad manner, yes, but ToJ hasn't had a LotR Online guild in years and there have been no plans or stated interest in starting a ToJ LotR Online guild in years, either, so that same rule of digital etiquette doesn't apply in this situation.

So in this case, you have the all-clear.

Thanks for the info Janc! I checked them out, and I've created a character on Landroval by the name of Elchele so that I can play with them. I'm almost never on, but this might provide extra incentive to do so. It might almost be worth it to pay the 3,000 turbine points to have my main Warden moved over there. I don't know...we'll see.

Back