LOTR Online

either hobbit warrior for kicks, orc warrior if thats allowed or some kind of warlock

I received this e-mail from Turbine on June 26:
Dear Tek7,

Thank you for being a part of The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar™ community! This summer is going to be a very busy one for LOTRO, so we'd like to take a moment to share some of the things that we are working on with you.

We noticed in your Beta application that you are part of a large guild. Don't forget to get other members of your online gaming guild to register. If someone in your guild gets into the Beta Program, it automatically increases your chance of getting in! The top 10 largest guilds will automatically receive up to 100 Beta invites and the remaining top 90 will get up to 20 invites. The best way to encourage guildmates to sign up is to post the LOTRO Beta URL (http://lotro.turbine.com/betasignup) on your guild forum or email it to your guildmates directly.

We'd also like to mention that we've published a new What is LOTRO? feature on our website. We've combed over all of our previous interviews, articles, and dev diaries to compile a definitive summary of what LOTRO is all about. If you're new to the community, you'll most likely find this information very useful.

Development on the game is proceeding rapidly. Beta invites won't be far behind!

Thanks again for being a part of the community, and we hope to see you in Middle-earth sometime soon!

Sincerely,
The LOTRO Community Team
If you're a member of Tribe of Judah and want to sign up for the beta, be sure to put Tribe of Judah as your guild on your application.

I've already signed up and have Tribe of Judah as my clan so boost the pop. for the clan and get us in the beta people.... go go go !!!!

Whon said:
did anyone else put down Tribe of Judah for the guild questions??? cuz I heard that if there are a number of people in the same guild already they have a better chance of being selected....
I'm glad i looked at this post
i did.
so having all our guilds' member count combined is applicable... right?
lol.
i put 101-200 members.

Amicus Dei of [FoG] said:
I'm glad i looked at this post
i did.
so having all our guilds' member count combined is applicable... right?
lol.
i put 101-200 members.

yep so they say, look at tek's post #23 I recieved the same email and I hope they are looking at ToJ :) and alpha is before beta, it's for a real select people. beta will be asking over 10,000 people to create char. and test the game.

Just signed up as a ToJ member on the beta app.

Not sure how much I'd be able to play, but I'm certainly looking forward to checking this out for free, assuming we get in.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
Just signed up as a ToJ member on the beta app.

Not sure how much I'd be able to play, but I'm certainly looking forward to checking this out for free, assuming we get in.
im pretty sure we will atleast get on of the later tiers of the beta stages

I applied when this thread was new...so here's hoping we can get in.
(nervously hoping they don't destroy the works of Tolkien)

aka Ash said:
(nervously hoping they don't destroy the works of Tolkien)
No worries. They state that the game will be based off the books, not the movies. Implied in that statement is the claim that Jackson misunderstood The Lord of the Ring's characters and basic themes. So, at least for now, I'm giving Turbine the benefit of the doubt.

i begin to wonder why i signed up if i can't get in beta (not 18) until they drop NCA or whatever that garbage is (they probably won't until the last month of beta) and also i don't like to pay monthly fees because those are LAAAAAAAAAAAAME. and costly. and LAAAAAAAAAAAAME.

Not that I'm suggesting misrepresenting yourself, but my beta experience has been that there are an AWFUL lot if 18 year old beta testers who act like 13 year olds.

Alpha and beta are two different phases during the testing process of a game.

During the Alpha stage players(usually 100 or so) are hand picked by the company. This is the stage that most of the major bugs and glitches are sorted out.

During the Beta invitations will be sent in waves or tiers. There are two types of Betas, closed and open. In a closed beta the gaming company will hand pick the invitations but there will be way more players. Open beta is open to the public.

Back