kara: team Maskowitz

Is this run still going, or accepting new members? My Tuesdays should be opening up in a couple of weeks, and I've got a tank who's sort of at the minimum requirements for Kara. I'd love to get going with some of the guild runs (I had just about made it to the UBRS runs when TBC came out :(

Anyway, just wondering what was happening. Thanks

Baraach
Human Prot Warrior

PS. If you check the armoury, he's probably wearing the dps gear, as I've been helping my wife level, but he really does have tanking gear :)

I hear that recently you guys might be looking for steady healers...this is an offer for my pally, loughkey. She's got about 1k healing and 18% critish, with 8k mana. Not the best by any means, but she hit 70 less than a week ago, and is one green away from being full blues at least. If you ever need her, she's usually on about that time.

So for the past few weeks we`ve been consistently short about 5 people to do our Kara run. We`re looking to switch nights to prevent conflict with other runs, but we`re also in need of people who are able to consistently attend the run. if you are interested in our run, please post or message me in game regarding which night is best for you. (We`re hoping to avoid tuesdays and Saturdays if possible)

Kasiem - 70 Warrior
Aosh - 70 Mage
Jermayan - 56 Shaman

Neirai 70 Druid Tank
Holyhugpower 70 Ret Paladin
Megahugpower 68(and climbing) Enhancement Shaman

I'm available most nights, but rather not Wednesday.

How do Monday evenings work for everyone?
That would be great for me as Wed. is church and I coach soccer on Thursday evenings.

Best,

Bob

Is there another night besides Friday that Atavus can come (either for a second night or just something other than Friday) not entirely sure but I think Nathan would rather do week nights than weekends (Fri, Sat) We'll try Friday this week and see how it goes. I'll put the run on GC so anyone who is interested can sign up. I think Mondays might be a good night if it works for our healers.

I'm available for tonight if yall still want to see if a run is possible. I know I've only got one partial kara run under my belt, but I'd like to be considered to be part of a regular run team on any of the weekdays, although not Friday.

My wife is letting me raid on Friday, so if you have need of another body I can be there. I'm currently spec'd Prot, but am definitely willing to spec for dps if that's what is needed.

I'd like to thank and congratulate all who have contributed to the Maskowitz karazhan run since we started in January. As of last night we officially completed our first full kara clear.
Having danced through Moroes (9-manned), Opera, Curator, chess and Prince last Friday, we buckled down for a tough second night of Nightbane, Illhoof, Netherspite and of course Attumen and Maiden. A shaky start on Nightbane was discouraging as we tried to get focused and working together. Finally he fell on our third attempt - and there was great rejoicing! A one shot of Illhoof, which was also the first attempt ever by this raid group, lifted our spirits as we ascended the tower to face the dreaded Netherspite. Thanks to the instruction and experience of some SGA members who joined us, we made some very strong attempts at Netherspite, but were unsuccessful in our first 3 attempts. Despite the setbacks, spirits still seemed high as we buckled down for our 4th attempt. I'm sure my fellow raiders didn't even realize that I was going to call it off if we failed again. I must admit, I was very surprised, but also very excited, when I saw the mighty dragin fall. Having taken care of the tough stuff, we ran/jumped/fell down the tower to clean up the last bit of resistance in Maiden and Attumen. Expecting minimal resistance we tore through the bottom level. Unfortunately our overconfdence was our weakness as two of our comrades shamefully fell facing stable trash. It felt rather anti-climactic that the final boss we killed was in fact Attumen...right where we started...how ironic... :)

Also a note for our raid regulars that read the forums, we will be changing the boss schedule to the following:
Friday: Moroes, Opera, Nightbane, Curator, Shade
Monday: Illhoof, Chess, Prince, Netherspite (Attumen, Maiden)

Raid times remain the same starting at 6:30 pm and I remind you to please be online at least 15 min before for invites/summons.

I know I've been a bit AWOL lately, but I'm still available to come to Kara, especially Friday nights. I've benched my paladin for now, but Lloki would love some badges if you guys have a need for a DPS. I don't want to mess up the good karma you guys have going though... =D

Grats to all involved!! That is an awesome feat to start off with a group working on getting the timing right for Attuneman, and then getting to the point where he is the last boss standing (not for long :) ). It is one thing to win, it is completely different (and much more fulfilling) to win as a team.

Once again, congratulations to the enitre Maskowitz Kara team!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the runs I've been on! The group's (per the earlier post) spirits were high and I always enjoy raiding with you all. To speak to the wipes on Nightbane - that was still a big win as he is the "unofficial" hardest boss in Kara. Of course, we were missing "Egbert" :eek: and that explains why it took a couple of goes at Nightbane and Netherspite.

That was my fifth Kara run or so (soon to be revered with Violet Eye and get those Timeless Arrows/Shells) and my first downing of Nightbane! See you on Friday and looking forward to it. Still need those badges, a new ranged weapon (Sunfury Bow or Wolfslayer Rifle), Beastmaw Pauldrons, Gloves, Legacy...:p

ehh, Nightbane's not that hard. Or do you mean Netherspite as hardest boss? Netherspite takes a lot more work that Nightbane in my opinion. Nightbane is just a endurance fight, whereas Netherspite actually takes some technique.

Either way, it was great to get them down.

Team Maskowitz - Where are You?

I heard you all got hit with a power outage / storm on Monday. I hope you all are OK. And of course, not enough bodies to run last Friday it being July 4th and all.

So, the question is: will there be a run tomorrow (the 11th)? Hope to see you all on WoW soon.

I don't know about Squitzes (maybe I should phone them) but I do know that Fridays in the month of July will be very difficult. Jacki, Meaghan, and myself will all be busy. That doesn't mean all the Friday runs are canceled de facto*, but it means they will tend more towards that occurring.

-----------------------------------------------------
*I don't actually know if that's what de facto means.

Back