kara: team Maskowitz

Alias

After discussions with current kara leaders (mostly Xandar), Kasiem and I have decided we'd like to put together another kara run. There are apparenly a number of people keyed and wanting to take part in the current groups, but there just arent enough slots for everyone. There are also a fair number of 70's who dont quite have their keys yet. So the plan is to make our first run Tuesday January 8 6:30 pm

that gives a couple weeks for keys to be finished and gear to be prepped. I'd like to note here that although we are planning to take less 'epic-ed' players, this is still end game content. We would like you to be as prepared as possible through other dungeons and high lvl quest rewards.

I have spoken to some players in game to try and gauge whether a 3rd group would even be possible and heres what I've come up with:

tanks:
Kasiem (prot warr)
Neirai (feral teddy)

Healers:
*Inconceivable (resto shammy)
*Salsihra (holy pally) (me)

dps:
Mimbari (rogue)
Lilred (mage)
Deltara (hunter) (me)
*Topa (warlock)
Gradydo (hunter)

those marked with a * are not yet fully keyed. So I would encourage the rest of this group to assist their soon to be team mates in getting prepped. I will try to make myself available as much as possible (as well as getting my pally keyed)

Also, as you take a count of our roster, you'll see only 9 names so we are still looking for some more players. So please post here or look for me in game if you are interested in joining up with us.

posts should include:

toon name
class/spec
key progress (not keyed/SL/SV,Arc/BM)

I'm looking forward to getting this going.

Deltara/Salsihra

make sure have 3 healers, priest needed

also make sure u do heroics together get the team work going , u shouldnt have many greens also. Good luck withth e team

Last edited:
ah good, ive been meaning to talk to her, but havent seen her online when im not in an instance :)

In the early stages (Attuneman/Morose/Maiden), I would like to bring MoonRazor* (Moonkin/ 2/3 keyed), but willing to keep Mim avail if we don't have quite enough dps

I have only ever run 2 heroics (one sucessfully) but felt that Kara was well within my reach as a healer, it may be different for tanks and dps though. From a heals perspective, if you have healers with no Kara experience you'll want 3 of them (and shackles really help with Moroes and on the way to attune so you may want to find a priest as your third). When you get more experience Kara is quite doable with 2 healers especially if you have a off healer if the going gets tough.

I would be interested, as I just started my key quest, pretty sure I won't be ready by January 8th. Also not sure if I can commit to weekely, so maybe as a sub.

Baraach, Human Prot Warrior. Also, I've just respecced to protection, so though I've been tanking for a while, I'm not real experienced with all the tools of a prot warrior.

*Edit, Sig stats are in DPS gear, unbuffed I have about 12k armour, and 10k health (not enough, I know, I'm working on it :)

Last edited:
I might be willing to reconsider my recent departure from the game if there were a serious attempt to help get keyed and geared for Karazhan. While lack of progression was one of my reasons for canceling my account, I also had some other personal reasons regarding time management with the game and my personal life. I guess if I were to reconsider joining it would be under the assumption that all runs are scheduled (including key and gear runs) so that I could make time for it.

Having said that...

Toon: Zebidiah
Spec: Holy/Disc w/ improved DS
Key Status: BM (need to complete Old Hillsbrad still to enter BM)

yeah I would still love to have you join us - when i had first talked to you I didn't realize you had deactivated your account.
For the next week, I'm pretty flexible to do some runs. What day would work for you to finish up keying? I would commit my hunter for a group

Any weeknight after 7pm server time. The weekends are open for the most part, but I do all the stuff I'm too tired to do during the week on the weekend (groceries, house cleaning, etc.) so nights still work better.

I've been on the last few nights pretty regularly leveling my mage. Some of us need BM so why don't we schedule a BM run for sometime this weekend? Oh and thanks to the help of Zennen and Starswift I completed the Thrall escape in OHB last night. Friday night is a good time for me. I will do Sat or Sun too, but would like some input from others on time as I can schedule it for anytime during those days. I am also ready and willing to go back a few steps and help others get caught up to get keyed where necessary.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Jacki and I are going to have to decline for the near future.

Jacki found out that she has classes tuesday and thursday evenings. Ouch.

Me, I've just got a hefty workload on tuesdays and thursdays and therefore my attendance will be spotty if at all.

Sorry about the scheduling conflicts, but I still wish you guys the best of luck with drops and blessings on the times you spend in there.

I think we might be trying Shadow labs this Friday night, if anyone's interested in helping a tank get started on his key quest :)

We would be Baraach & Topa (me brother)

I've told both Squitz bros that my Mage is keyed and anxious in joining a Kara run that is working it's way up thru the bosses.

Let me know if you need some DPS some nights (as long as it doesn't conflict w/ a run that Guilo is a part of).

Char: Chimon (pronounced "KAI-monn)
Class: Mage
Spec.: Fire

Next Tuesday's run (2/19) is cancelled due to 3+ of our regulars (incluing our 2 fearless leaders :) ) will be afk for the night.

We will resume our typical Kara runs the following Tues night (2/26)

Hey, just letting you guys know that on Wednesday I'm moving out for 6 weeks so I'll be actually able to make runs (yay) so if you still need a good tank I'll definitely be around :)

finding a good tank to partner with kasiem would be awesome!
and, to confirm, chaska is also able to come regularly now right?

Back