Judgment Day - May 21, 2011

The person who started/predicted this, Harold Camping, also predicted the end of the world in Sept 1994 (wrote a book on it with the same name).

derp. tonight. sorry necro. suddenly find it not funny anymore. Earthquakes. Not saying I believe him, but I stopped laughing at him/

Problem is it's past midnight my time and I'm going to bed as normal so that would be AFTER my nightly prayer meaning I wouldn't have settled the next days' affairs yet. And there are still (and will always be) *some issues* with my life that needs fixing.

Last edited:
In regards to the topic - well, I guess it was a 50/50 chance (as it is everyday) that the guy would be right. One of these times I think God's going to have the last laugh and at 11:59 PM on a predicted end of the world day take us all. And then say, HA! You were all caught off guard! lol

But I really wanted to commend Silverleaf for the complete honesty and openness. It doesn't matter how old you are, I'm 44, we all walk that same line you are walking. Maybe age has to do with readiness in that there is so much left for someone of your age to experience, but basically, we are all in your boat.

As far as being afraid. Most of the time the meaning really is "to put to flight by terrifying (to scare away)". It doesn't mean we aren't to be afraid - it just means we aren't to let that fear stop us from doing something, especially what God wants us to. As Christians we are to have the confidence in God having our back when we are called to His purpose. So being afraid to die isn't breaking a commandment, unless you are going to let that fear stop you from dying. (Good luck with that one *wink*.)

Rest assured that God knows your heart. I would caution against WILLINGLY doing things you know are wrong as He will know that you knew they were wrong. But none of us lives a "perfect" life, we are all working out our faith. We are perfected by Christ, but that doesn't mean we are perfect.

Anyway - thank you Silverleaf for you open honesty.

Abea (minecraft)

50:50? More like 1/over9000. I'm confident it will not happen yet cos the prophecies have yet to be fulfilled.
WHAT THE HECK?!! still no apology on front page? His site hasn't been edited since like forever. Still waiting for the news... I'm probably more interested than I should be to see what kinda lies he's gona spew up now.

Anyways. thanks for understanding. I doubt any of us would think our ENTIRE life is clean in the sight of God. But I would like to do some good and/or improve my flaws before the end. But I never know when a car is gona ram me down the next day so you folks are right, always be prepared. I think by the grace of Jesus (and that alone saves), I'd go to heaven, BUT as for how pleased God will be with me, and rewards... well I haven't done much, still studying, haven't contributed anything yet save for family offerings.

Last edited:
I said 50/50 because it is either going to end or it's not. Every second it's the same odds whether someone says it's the day or not. The odds on him being write might be enormous - but the odds on it happening aren't.
;)

Apparently he's now refusing to answer the door and no lights are on at his place. Journalists are unable to interview him. Hoping he says something soon, my attention does not last long and I actually have WORK to do on Monday. Not spending another day in my room hitting f5 on his page and yahoo news every hour.

Currently, Camping is probably in hiding as the no one seems to know where he is, according to the most recent media reports. He hasn’t responded to any inquiries at all.

PROBLEM, tough guy?
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/149727/20110521/harold-camping-wrong.htm

Last edited:
I don't understand why this is worth your time.

Thousands of people try to and continue to play God.. and they're always wrong - why is this person so special?

I don't understand why this is worth your time.

Thousands of people try to and continue to play God.. and they're always wrong - why is this person so special?

Everyone is a special snowflake. :) /s

Well I think it's worth my time cos not every false prophet has millions of followers and collected $70m in donations.
Now he said it's postponed till 21st oct. I think my interest just wore out. Not going to wait that long. Suffice to say, crazy old fool.

Seriously? No apologies at all?

"I thought he would show some more human decency in admitting he made a mistake," he said Monday. "We didn't really see that."
my thoughts exactly.

"We're not in the business of financial advice," he said. "We're in the business of telling people there's someone who you can maybe talk to, maybe pray to, and that's God."

But he also said that he wouldn't give away all his possessions ahead of Oct 21
Well to be fair, he didn't. But he did ACCEPT the donations.

Still can't decide if he's just crazy, demon possessed, or really convinced he's doing the right thing... your thoughts folks?

Last edited:
A show I listen to on the radio played his speech and in all fairness he did apologize. I heard him myself. He apologized for ... getting the fact that he got it wrong when he said it was going to be a physical judgement instead of spiritual judgement. :confused: :rolleyes:

He isn't going to apologize because he now believes a "spiritual" judgment occured on that date, and that the physical Rapture would now occur on October 21, 2011. He still believes that what he said was going to happen, happened. He said we just didn't see it because it was in the spiritual realm and that there is a spiritual difference right now so it happened. :eek:

Here's the thing, we should be careful who we "throw stones" at because many believed that some the great prophets were wackos in their day. The only reason we don't think they were was because we get to look back on the situation and see they weren't. We get to look at their fruit. It isn't about what someone says, it's about their fruit. I imagine that any prophet is going to sound crazy when they speak, it's important to wait for their fruit to be born.

HOWEVER, with that said. In this case, that fruit was first exposed in 1988 when he was wrong the first time. The Bible also teaches us how to know a true prophet. One verse says,

Deuteronomy 18:21-22, "21And if you say in your [minds and] hearts, How shall we know which words the Lord has not spoken? 22When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or prove true, that is a word which the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him."

None of his predictions came to pass. Not even this last one that he said really did happen just not how he said it would. Case closed.

Still can't decide if he's just crazy, demon possessed, or really convinced he's doing the right thing

Crazy, maybe.

Demon possessed - seems unlikely based on what I've seen of him, but I guess possible.

Convinced he's doing the right thing - absolutely. The Bible would refer to him as a Fool (which I guess to us now days would be crazy now that I think about it).

Proverbs 12:15: "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes ..."
Proverbs 13:16: "In everything the prudent acts with knowledge, but a fool flaunts his folly."
Proverbs 14:3: "By the mouth of a fool comes a rod for his back ..."

There are many more. Bottom line, I think the Bible clearly tells us what he is ... a fool.

Oh kay. So how are we going to know if someone screaming the world ends in 10 years really had a revelation? We can't wait 10 years and then grab our pitchforks... verbally of course.
It's not just because false prophets deserve a good trashng, but more to prevent more people from believing their lies.

The thing is, if we dont renounce false teachers, they WILL lead people astray and I feel the church should warn people of particularly prominent ones, exposing *WHY* they are wrong rather than 'they just are'. Because not everyone is a biblical scholar. My field is not theology, and as I read somewhere (which may not be a very good source also, doesn't seem very professionally written but meh: http://www.jesuslovers.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/pdf_howto_spot_false_prophet.pdf), they twist words ever so slightly, mixing a little lie into a lot of truth. No way normal people like me can pick it up on first glance.
While of course bashing them FEELS GOOD MAN, as a Christian we shouldn't be doing that to 'feel good' anyway.

Last edited:
It is a tricky thing, to test a prophet. But in this case, it should have been easy. He directly contradicted what Jesus said.

You don't need to wait for the "fruits" to see he was wrong. Jesus may have spoken in parables to help teach us lessons, but He did not speak in number puzzles about multiplying secret holy numbers with the number of days in specific feasts, and add them to anything.

Simply put, Jesus said that no man knows the hour or the day of the second coming. That means we cannot know. Period. Not maybe. Not through a secret code. Not through creative mathematical formulations. We cannot know. Anyone that says otherwise will be proven a false prophet.

It is a tricky thing, to test a prophet. But in this case, it should have been easy. He directly contradicted what Jesus said.

You don't need to wait for the "fruits" to see he was wrong. Jesus may have spoken in parables to help teach us lessons, but He did not speak in number puzzles about multiplying secret holy numbers with the number of days in specific feasts, and add them to anything.

Simply put, Jesus said that no man knows the hour or the day of the second coming. That means we cannot know. Period. Not maybe. Not through a secret code. Not through creative mathematical formulations. We cannot know. Anyone that says otherwise will be proven a false prophet.

Totally 100% agree.

But he does describe the signs of the end times. And false prophets such as these just proves 'it is near', but it has always been near. We just don't know when EXACTLY it will happen. It has always been 'near' since 2000 years ago. But I know it's not 'near near' since the disasters, big battles etc have yet to happen. And while we have oppressive regimes now (china, north korea, (ex)soviets, some muslim states, more commies etc etc), they are actually an IMPROVEMENT since 2000 years ago methinks. And I don't think even King David ruled better than the crackpot governments we have now in the 'free' world, sorry if it's wrong to think this way but genocide isn't something people just throw around anymore, and putting entire cities to the sword doesn't happen except in the most horrible of regimes. Can't really judge the kings in the Bible, they were already much, much better and ruled much more fairly than the peoples around them, but bear in mind it was still a monarchy and genocide, mass murder, forced labor (the TEMPLE was built using forced labor), slavery are now mostly things of the past but was the norm back in the day.

So I think it needs to get worse than 2k years ago before things can go boom. Because cant quote word for word but Jesus did say how horrible it was going to be, particularly for nursing mothers...

Also, Jonah's prophecy didn't happen (because the people repented), so that throws the 'it didn't happen so now whatever you say is invalid' theory. Circumstances and people's reactions may change the outcome. Plus isn't prophecy meant to make people turn from their evil ways? If the disaster is unavoidable regardless of what you do, then not much point right?

Last edited:
Back