Judgment Day - May 21, 2011

Abba San

Legacy of Elijah [LoE] - Proud Grandfather
It is in the news this month - Judgment Day will be May 21, 2011. That is the day Jesus returns. The end of the world is October 21,2011.

Billboards are going up around the world. Is it true or isn't it? Google May 21, 2011, and you get pages of end of the world sites.

What do you think about predictions dating the end of the world? What does God say about it?

I'll start us with what Jesus had to say about the date of the end:

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Mark 13:32 (NIV)

I'm especially curious if there is someone who actually buys into this May 21 prediction.

Drat! I'm gonna miss my 32nd birthday by 4 days. . .think my wife will let me celebrate early on account of judgment day and all?

I put no stock in end of world predictions. That said, John declared that it is the last hour almost 2000 years ago (1 John 2:18) which make me think we are closing in on the last minute. I do know that God has the patience to wait until all things are fulfilled as they should before He calls for the trumpet to sound (2 Peter 3).

As Christians, we should be aware of the immediacy of the coming. We should be sure our lamps are full of oil and be vigilant as Christ is coming back (Matthew 25).

Time to rack up some debt!!!! j/k

Yet another way to keep people distracted and false assured that they don't need to be ready for the Bridegroom to come at any hour.

lol - I don't think that is what God says.

Thanks for the scriptures Patriot.

Have either of you read or seen any of this stuff? There are folks latching onto it here in California.

Yeh, there's one here outside of Columbus Ohio. In fact, our pastor took a picture of it and is doing a sermon series called "Stuck on Stupid" about it. Hehe

It's not up on our website yet.... they normally post them midweek. I'll try to remember to link it, in case anyone is interested.

Have either of you read or seen any of this stuff? There are folks latching onto it here in California.

That about sums it up. Emphasis added. :)

Land of the Fruits and Nuts? :D

Yeah, I live in California as well. . .
It's as good a mission field as anywhere else.

I haven't actually met anyone or seen much on the world ending this year. But that doesn't mean there aren't people around me that believe such a thing. Sadly, we have a Unarius museum in my hometown (where I still live) that I drive past probably once or twice a month. Still haven't been inside to see when the aliens are coming to pick up the faithful. . .

It's bogus. Just like 88 reasons Why The Rapture Will Be in 1988. As you correctly mentioned, no man knows the day our the hour. Sorry Mayan's and Nostradamus. :p

The sad thing is that a lot of Christians that don't buy into also get labeled as slightly goofy just for being cousins to this crowd. What happened to the rush to proclaim 2012 as the year of Apocalypse? I'll just stick with no man knows the hour, and keep fit spiritually in the mean time.

Time to rack up some debt!!!! j/k

I lol'd.

I believe it may be the start of the 7-year tribulation, a time of persecution and refining. Been reading through Revelation, some heavy stuff. And even if we don't know the day or hour, we can know the seasons and reason by the signs, not sure which scripture that was in, however. Regardless of when and how, just need to make sure we have a steadfast relationship with Christ. :)

... And even if we don't know the day or hour, we can know the seasons and reason by the signs, not sure which scripture that was in, however....

People have been looking for these signs since forever. I know one of them is massive warring. Obviously WW1 and WW2 weren't part of the 7-year Tribulation, yet those two wars were the biggest wars the Earth has seen.

I think it's intended to be a surprise...

People have been looking for these signs since forever. I know one of them is massive warring. Obviously WW1 and WW2 weren't part of the 7-year Tribulation, yet those two wars were the biggest wars the Earth has seen.

I think it's intended to be a surprise...

As in "oh snap, it's here!!", or as in "Happy Birthday!! Here goes a third of the ocean! /nuke"?

I think the restoration of Israel is the only hard thing I could look to as a sign it might be figuratively around the corner. Now let someone else play with dates and times, I'll just concentrate on living daily for Him.

The bad thing about these 'end of the world' things is that while I believe it probably won't be in my life time, it gets me scared. I know there is a better place waiting for me, but I've (and hasn't almost everyone) fallen short. And I'm still a kid, would like to at least have the opportunity to see a lil more of the world first and not die at 18, though if that is my fate, then at least I'm saved through Jesus. Sure I've done lots of things I shouldn't have, and will probably continue to, knowingly and unknowingly. However I'm not ready for the end. And I'm also not yet prepared to give up my current life - not yet at the stage where I'm prepared to dedicate my entire life to God just yet, I'm still young and would like to see and experience more. So I'm not sure what's going to happen to me upon death. If I'm already living every day for Him (@ursen), then there's no reason to fear eh? Problem is I'm not, and while I would like to help out here and there, go to Church, in short spend time on 'Christian' stuff, there's still lots of other things I live for to be brutally honest.

In other words, I don't really buy into it but am fearful that it's true because in which case, while I don't think I'm damned, it will NOT be 'well done good and faithful servant'. At this stage I'm trying not to earn God's wrath, not yet at the stage of earning praise yet.

Last edited:
Being afraid is totally normal. In fact, God knows how fearful we can be as humans of both the unknown and the future. The most repeated commandment (and it is a command) in the Bible is "Do not be afraid".

God is constantly reminding us from Joshua through Jesus to not be afraid and trust in Him. If your trust is in Him and the effective work of God's Son on the cross for your sins, you will be saved.

The gospel declares that my daily relationship to God isn't based on my radical struggle for Jesus but Jesus’ radical struggle for me. - Tullian Tchividjian

Sad thing is people take this to heart. No one but God himself knows when the rapture will be, when it will begin, or anything. Sigh, people kill me sometimes lol

The most repeated commandment (and it is a command) in the Bible is "Do not be afraid".
In that case, I'm afraid to say I'm breaking it almost every day. But without fear of death, I wouldn't be looking after my health... so guess it's a good thing? Fact is though I try to strike a balance between 'what everyone else is doing' and what I ought to do (as a Christian), it is a very fine line I'm balancing on with many compromises on both sides, one I fear I'll definitely NOT be called 'well done good and faithful servant'. The worst thing is, I'm not prepared to leave my entire life behind YET. I'm not going to go either extreme, cheating people, doing nasty stuff, quitting church and waltzing down the red light district womanizing, but I'm also not prepared to drop everything, questionable or not, that I'm doing.

While the exact day and hour is unknown, the 'events and signs' that lead up to it will point that it's coming soon. And the world seems to be getting more and more towards the brink of war.

Last edited:
Back