Introductions

Welcome to the forums!

I don't recall if our forums allow new members to post links, so I thought I'd post the link to your soundcloud for others to enjoy:
EDIT: Ope, look at that! The forums automagically converted the link to a soundcloud embed.

We occasionally have aspiring game developers and designers find their way to our forums. Game devs and content creators like our very own @The Mighty Gerbil (who has made some of my favorite Team Fortress 2 maps) may be able to point you to resources and help connect you with folks in the industry.

Welcome to the forums!

I don't recall if our forums allow new members to post links, so I thought I'd post the link to your soundcloud for others to enjoy:
EDIT: Ope, look at that! The forums automagically converted the link to a soundcloud embed.

We occasionally have aspiring game developers and designers find their way to our forums. Game devs and content creators like our very own @The Mighty Gerbil (who has made some of my favorite Team Fortress 2 maps) may be able to point you to resources and help connect you with folks in the industry.
That would be very nice! That you so much! I know that it will take a team. But I believe the time is right to break into this mission field!

Hi all, how are you doing?
Um hello? I'm confused as to whether you are a bot or not but approved your account to err on the side of caution. Say something humanish, meme worthy, or tell me the location of the lost ark of the covenant. I'll accept any of the three. Also welcome to the forums possible robot.

Um hello? I'm confused as to whether you are a bot or not but approved your account to err on the side of caution. Say something humanish, meme worthy, or tell me the location of the lost ark of the covenant. I'll accept any of the three. Also welcome to the forums possible robot.
Uh, I am a human being. I just wanted to socialize a little bit here. I'm not a bot :D

I hope it was convincing...
Hmm well I'm disappointed I didn't learn where the Ark went but it's probably just in someone's garage anyway. I suppose you might be human but then again robots are cooler as long as they aren't the spam ones. Welcome to the forums "human" /gives in the know wink.

Also if you want to interact with more people try the Discord https://www.cgalliance.org/forums/threads/christian-gamers-alliance-discord-server.50864/ most of the meaningless casual chat has moved there. If you want long serious discussions I suggest making a thread on these forums and link to it in the Discord channel.

Yep, most of the conversation happens over on our discord server. I only see one or two people posting regularly on the forums here.

There are many bots here, several hundred I would guess, if not more. They used to get auto-deleted from not making an approved introductory post, but we might have lost that capability when we switched over to XenForo's platform. But they can't post anything on their own without staff approval, so they're mostly harmless aside from what any lurker/stalker/data miner can do with publicly posted information. (Another topic in itself, and probably a major driver of people migrating their conversations to chat servers over forums these days, to avoid personal security or cancel culture concerns that public forums have more challenges defending against)

Most that I've seen here are either Russian or Vietnamese. The Vietnamese bots seem to just be creating profiles to display advertising. Probably nothing to do with us as a group, maybe just someone selling so-called "marketing services" to uneducated entrepreneurs by saying they'll post ads to some number of sites without disclosing that they're just creating random forum profile pages to host ads no one will ever see rather than using an actual ad network.

The Russian bots periodically log in under a variety of names using the formula of some Slavic name + three random letters - for example, Ivanofn was the one visiting here today after the Russian Security Council meeting was publicized, but I've seen many others. They don't anything publicly visible that I can see (but I'm not a staff member so there might be things others see that I don't), but they keep coming back which is kind of creepy. But it's possible they might just have bad AI that can't judge between game content being discussed versus real world discussions. Like, I play as Orthodox faith in Crusader Kings 2, which encompasses a lot of Slavic territory on the game map, so maybe those bots get tripped up on me posting about being the Byzantine Empress of the Crimean Peninsula, or something silly like that.

EDIT: And then right after I posted this, Ivanpsr decided to show up. (Not to be confused with the previously mentioned "Ivanofn") Just random coincidence I'm sure.

So anyways, @Shavy26, bots are a real thing here so please don't take it personally. We're glad you're here, but as others have mentioned, the Discord channel is probably the better place for socializing these days.

Last edited:
There are many bots here, several hundred I would guess, if not more. They used to get auto-deleted from not making an approved introductory post, but we might have lost that capability when we switched over to XenForo's platform. But they can't post anything on their own without staff approval, so they're mostly harmless aside from what any lurker/stalker/data miner can do with publicly posted information.

I went ahead and purged over 4,000 accounts with zero posts. I made sure to exclude any zero-post accounts that were created in the last 6 months. I plan to perform a user purge with the same criteria (zero posts and created at least 6 months ago) on a regular basis.

The way our forums are set up, access to private forums require that an administrator manually add a user to a specific usergroup. All public forums are visible without a registered account.

@Krissa Lox You are correct that most bot accounts include advertising information, but unless someone were to actively scroll through the CGA Forums Members, they wouldn't ever see the ads.

We've also configured the forums to drop accounts registered with IP addresses, email addresses, or usernames of known bot accounts into a queue for forum moderators to process. We catch a lot of bot accounts that way as well.

@Shavy26 Welcome to the forums and thank you for your patience while we did our best to verify you are, indeed, a human. :)

Dylanjp12

Hi I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place I just joined and don't know where everything is on here yet. I play on xbox live and my gamertag is Dylanjp12 on there. I joined this site because I was looking for a place to find some fellow Christians to play with sometime, everyone i play with is always cussing constantly and being jerks about everything. If you would like to play with me sometime send me a friend request and we'll play :) God Bless you all
Hello, jlwelch here. Glad to find a community of good people left in the world. I was thinking it might be good to create separate sections. For example, we could have a forum for final fantasy xiv, a forum for among us, and so on. That way, it will be easy to find other christian people to play these games with.

Sorry, I think I did it wrong the first time lol. I am looking to join a community of christian gamers and hopefully find some in the FFXIV player base.

Sorry, I think I did it wrong the first time lol. I am looking to join a community of christian gamers and hopefully find some in the FFXIV player base.
Welcome to the forums @jlwelch!

When someone registers an account on our forums, their posts get sent to a moderation queue visibly only to forum moderators. I've approved your posts, so future posts should appear immediately.

As for Christian FFXIV guilds, it appears as though SOLA has a FFXIV guild, but I don't know how active they are.

Hello. I'm trying to find my way around. I am looking for help for Christian help for my server and players from the Christian community.

Back