Interpret my signature.

And isn't that convenient, since it doesn't make much sense at all. But listen, I know what it is you are referring to. I was a Lutheran for 15 years of my life. I also realized something, and you can never understand it until you open up your mind a bit.

I didnt realize something.... My spirit came to life... so when this body dies I will still live.

It makes perfect sense, you just dont understand it because there are no words to describe it.

I just don't understand ey. Well thanks for letting me in on what I don't understand, especially right after I said that I did, and that in spite of it I cast it away. Assuming that I did do this, don't you think you should be interested as to why I chose to do that? Keeping a closed mind is the best way to keep you in a state of delusion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr.Bill @ Oct. 05 2004,11:15)]And isn't that convenient, since it doesn't make much sense at all. But listen, I know what it is you are referring to. I was a Lutheran for 15 years of my life. I also realized something, and you can never understand it until you open up your mind a bit.
Did you open your mind to the experience of Christ, or was it all pew warming for you? Alot (probably close to an overwhelming majority) of people go to church because that is what mom and dad did, or their friends do, or somebody told them to do. There are alot of people who call themselves Christian (or ex-christian) by name only. And that is where it ends. Their Christianity started at 10:00am Sunday morning and ends when they get back into the car for the drive home.

I was athiest until I was saved.... thats 16 years. I was athiest because I didnt want God to be true, I wanted to screw girls and then die and be dead. But thats hollow and Cold. And MT gave me the motivation to seek more, and I found more. I found eternal Life.

Give me a break Byblos, you're only 17 and you claim to have been an Athiest for 16 years?

You didn't answer the second part of that question though. What reasons did you have for being an athiest?

Well I didnt belive in God until January so I was an Athiest for 16 years.

I didn answer why... notice whre I said, I was Athiest BECAUSE..

Because WHAT?

Athiesm is a belief system.

Just because you didn't believe in the Christian God doesn't automatically make you an Athiest.

You have to CHOOSE to believe in Athiesm. You can't CHOOSE to believe in athiesm as a 2 year old.

And you can't believe in athiesm just because.

Did you CHOOSE to believe in Atheism? If so, WHY?

If you didn't believe in anything, then you weren't an Atheist.

YOu can choose to reject Gods existance at any age.

If you belive there is no God you are Athiest... I was certain God didnt exist. Why? Because I didnt want to beluve he existed, Its not possible to prove God doesnt exist just like its not possible to prove he does exist. you have to choose one.

An atheist is one who disbeliefs or denies the exists of God or gods. There is no belief system attached.

If you believe in a God or gods, you are a theist, if you don't, you are an atheist. These are mutually exclusive terms, you are one or the other. Islam and Christianity and JW's are all theist beleive systems. Budhism (the sects that do not believe in God or gods) and ralians (sp?) are atheist belief systems.

I beleive you must choose your belief system, but atheism by itself is not a beleif system. You either are a theist or you are an atheist. And, nobody is born a theist.

thanx peon.... you say what I say much better
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]YOu can choose to reject Gods existance at any age.

Say what? How can a 2 month old choose to reject God when he doesn't have the cognitive capacity required to make that decision?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If you belive there is no God you are Athiest... I was certain God didnt exist. Why? Because I didnt want to beluve he existed, Its not possible to prove God doesnt exist just like its not possible to prove he does exist. you have to choose one.

You can't be CERTAIN God doesn't exist because you don't WANT Him to exist. I don't believe you had any good reason for calling yourself an Athiest.

I know a 4 year old little girl who is closer to Jesus then myself.

I was certain God didnt exist because thats hwt I wanted to belive..... if it cannot possibly be proven either way, you just have to pick now dont you.

I was athiest because I didnt belive God existed. No one can prove he didnt so they must just choose it because they want to.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]An atheist is one who disbeliefs or denies the exists of God or gods. There is no belief system attached.

Correct. I was trying to make a point by asserting that believing in Atheism requires cognitive reasoning which I don't believe a 3 year old can have.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If you believe in a God or gods, you are a theist, if you don't, you are an atheist. These are mutually exclusive terms, you are one or the other. Islam and Christianity and JW's are all theist beleive systems. Budhism (the sects that do not believe in God or gods) and ralians (sp?) are atheist belief systems.

Isn't there another option? Choosing to be neither? What if you haven't made up your mind? Isn't that where agnosticism falls in since agnostics don't believe they have enough information to decide one way or the other? How can you have atheistic belief systems if you assert that atheism isn't a belief system?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I beleive you must choose your belief system, but atheism by itself is not a beleif system. You either are a theist or you are an atheist. And, nobody is born a theist.

And everyone is born a theist? How do you support that theory?

I do agree with you that sooner or later, you have to choose a belief system, even if you choose "undecided". HOWEVER, if you are going to choose your belief system you need to RATIONALIZE that decision. And that is an underlying problem here.

No it doesnt..... liek I said I know a four real old girl whos life rebvolves around Jesus Christ.

Aheism is thinking there is no God... It isnt a system....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Oct. 05 2004,11:36)]Well its either opened to everything or Closed to everything is it?

Ill stick with Guarded and secure.
It's not an on/off switch Byblos. It is possible to be open on some topics and closed on others. You are clearly closed on the topic of faith, but you don't have to be closed to be gaurded and secure.

Let me repeat.

You do NOT have to be closed minded to be gaurded and secure.

You do NOT have to have a closed mind to be gaurded and secure, for you can be open and DISCERNING and still be gaurded and secure.

You cannot be closed and discerning, because you have nothing to discern.

Your way is fallible, mine is not.

THINK about it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I know a 4 year old little girl who is closer to Jesus then myself.

Now this I have to hear. How is she closer to Christ than you are?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I was certain God didnt exist because thats hwt I wanted to belive..... if it cannot possibly be proven either way, you just have to pick now dont you.

Not wanting to believe and proving it to yourself are two different things Byblos. In the 1600's Christians didn't want to believe the world was round, but hey, it is. Christians wanted to believe that various illnesses were the cause of demons, buy hey, they're not. This isn't a multiple choice test, if you are going to assert a belief you should be able to rationalize that choice.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I was athiest because I didnt belive God existed. No one can prove he didnt so they must just choose it because they want to.

True Atheists don't disbelieve in God because they WANT to, but because there is a lack of evidence to support His existence. There's a subtle difference that I believe you are missing. Atheism isn't an ad hoc belief.

Back