Homosexuality

First of all LoJ... we will be compared to the OT law and allfounds as asinners and the decision or whether we are guilty or not is based on wether we follow Jesus or not, end of story.... I can back all of that us sciptuarly because thats all Paul talks about in all of his books.

I never said I read it every day in school, and Ive graduated school in MAY! I read Two Chapters a week.... one on Sunday and aother on Wednsaday!

Get your lies straight at least.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't know about that Peon. Studies have shown that groups of people, if without a langauge or form of communication, will design one themselves. Math can be learned if not taught. The way relationships function may be more complicated, but a heterosexual child will still be attracted to members of the opposite sex, regardless of the orientation of his parents. Of course, homosexual parents tend to have more homosexual children. How much nature and nurture goes into this is still largely unknown, but studies show that it's a bit of both, leaning toward the nature side of things.

The above from about a million posts ago.

I am not talking about whether or not they will grow up to be homo- or hetro-sexual. I am saying that if a child is raised by two female parents, that child will not learn how to interact with males in an effective and postive way. Women lack that knowledge, that skill, that experience and there is no way they can impart it onto their adopted child.

And I am sorry, having the child read a book to fill that void, or visit gramma and grandpa once in awhile or have them watch the Cosby show, just doesn't cut it. The interaction has to be real and constant to be of any value. And it is just not interaction with the child, the child has to experience how mom and dad interact as well. I am sure mom and mom or dad and dad can be capable providers and love a child but, a little girl needs the love of her father and a little boy needs a the love of a mother. Same sex marriages fail at this very fundamental level.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MontrezAnthony @ Oct. 27 2004,1:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr.Bill @ Oct. 27 2004,1:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MontrezAnthony @ Oct. 27 2004,1:12)]Gay marrige
I am against it for Bibical reasons
If I was not a bible believeing christen I would not care one bit
Do you believe it is right to legislate against gay marriage purely on religious reasons then?
Yes
Why?

Does that mean that other religions should be allowed to directly influence the government as well? Seems to me you are setting yourself up for a double standard.

prove it Byblos, because Paul in Romans, Hebrews and even in Timothy/Titus warns against false teachers who aspire to be teachers of the Law, the Law is not what we are judged by, in Romans he talks about how the Law is inadiquet for us, how we all failed to meet it. We are not judged by the Law, back it up scripturally. i promise you can not do it.

btw just to answer THE ORIGINAL POST!!! i say that "gay" used to be an insult (when i was in junior high (i'm in highschool) and still is. i think there isn't much oppposition 2 ppl bein gay. people go, oh....
rock.gif
not like omgosh!!!!!!! he is gay! they don't. (no face)
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SilentAssassin @ Oct. 27 2004,6:53)]btw just to answer THE ORIGINAL POST!!! i say that "gay" used to be an insult (when i was in junior high (i'm in highschool) and still is. i think there isn't much oppposition 2 ppl bein gay. people go, oh....
rock.gif
not like omgosh!!!!!!! he is gay! they don't. (no face)
blues.gif
Every now and then, you might want to go outside into the REAL WORLD.

Should homosexuals be allowed to raise kids, yup. What does it mean to be a parent, u have to love your kids, take care of them and teach them right from wrong. I think they can do that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]In a hetrosexual marriage, children learn to interact by watching their parents. They learn how to interect with people of the same gender when they interact with the parent of the same gender and they reinforce what they learn from their parents when they interect with the parent of the opposite gender.

What about single parents don't the kids grow up just as well as having 2 parents, without having a forther or mother.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mechboy @ Oct. 27 2004,7:12)]Should homosexuals be allowed to raise kids, yup. What does it mean to be a parent, u have to love your kids, take care of them and teach them right from wrong. I think they can do that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]In a hetrosexual marriage, children learn to interact by watching their parents. They learn how to interect with people of the same gender when they interact with the parent of the same gender and they reinforce what they learn from their parents when they interect with the parent of the opposite gender.

What about single parents don't the kids grow up just as well as having 2 parents, without having a forther or mother.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]

They are missing out. They have been deprived from having a mother AND a father. That's why it's referred to as a "broken" family.

But do all those kids who grew up in a broken family grow up gay or all become single parents like their parent. Or do they get married and have kids just like a kid from a proper family "mom and dad".

Then, please would you carefully reread my posts. I never once made a connection between coming from same sex marriages means kids will or may become homosexual. Mr. Bill tried to infer it and I feverantly put a stop to it just as I am doing to you now. My remarks deal strictly with bringing up a child in a well rounded enviroment. And single sex marriages are incapable of doing so because they completly lack the "other half." And you can not substitute that type of knowledge or experience either.

The connection is not in any of my remarks because they are not there. Period. I will not discuss it, it is not my position and I really ask that you don't attempt to read it in either. Thank you.

If they lack this 'other half', do you believe they will grow up to be emotionally different or inferior?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jim @ Oct. 26 2004,3:26)]For fear of invoking the wrath of a moderator, I posted this here to be safe.

My questions is more in line with the SOCIAL reasons for opposing homosexual marriages and such like, not the religious side, since I am already aware of the religious reasons for opposing it.

A few mentioned outside this forum, such as opposition to homosexual adoption, is that it is harmful to the child (emotionally, I presume) to grow up without a male/female role model.

This is a point I am very concerned with.

Very much I would like to know what reasons you believe homosexuals should be limited in these areas.

I understand this can be a sensitive topic, so I really ask you to keep your posts civil and to-the-point.
Just returning to the topic at hand the questions was:

is that it is harmful to the child (emotionally, I presume) to grow up without a male/female role model.

I feel that Even denied befits of a "Loving Mum and Pop" a child can grow Emotional healthily.

No different I presume that A child that suffers a terrible trama of losing both parents and being raised my a single Aunt or Uncle.

Loving Gay parents are just that LOVING PARENTS

A child that grows up in a Non loving traditional family is not worse off than a child that grows up with Non-loving gay parents.

So should they adopt. YES< YES <YES there are too many children out there who need loving parents.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jim @ Oct. 28 2004,4:56)]If they lack this 'other half', do you believe they will grow up to be emotionally different or inferior?
Trying as hard as single parents do, or as same sex couple do, they can not provide an enviroment that allows a child develop properly. Every child needs the influence of both a mother and father. Both sexes contribute equally and uniquely to the development of a child.

If a child is raised without a mother (whether by broken home or because the child has two dads) they will develop differently then a child that has both a mother and a father.

To insinuate that a child that is raised without a mother is equally developed as a child that is raised by both parents is wrong. They are completely lacking the skills a mother brings to the relationship.

---
@MontrezAnthony... Are you saying that what a father or mother may bring to the development of a child is inferior and not necessary to the proper development of a child? Are you saying that what a father contributes to the development of a child is not necessary and thus a child who is brought up by mom and mom is developed equally as well as one brought up by mom and dad? Or what a mother brings to the table is insignificant and thus a child raised with a mother and father is developed as equally well as a child who knows only dad and dad?

I am sorry, I completely disagree with you.

Sure in a perfect world all children would have loving Moms and dads. But We don’t is the Idea setting for a child a loving Mother and Father. YES it is

But we don’t have enough to go around.

I am if anything a Christian 1st and 2nd a realist within my surroundings. If a loving gay couple can raise a child who has no one to love it. Then kudos, baby Sue meet your new parents

Allowing same sex couples to adopt children is a bandaid solution to a greater problem that people are simply not willing to fix.  Why not fix the problems that gave rise to a child existing in the world who doesn't have a loving mother and father to begin with?

Peon, studies show that homosexual parents are just as capable as heterosexual parents: the fact that the parents are homosexual does not seem to play a factor in the quality of the raising of children. Allowing homosexual adoptions is not a bandaid solution to the homeless children problem by direct intention, though it is a 'perk' that goes along with it. The real proponent concept behind this movement is that homosexual couples desire to raise and love children of their own, just as heterosexual couples can.

Why should they not?

who does these studies? people who want homosexuals to be parents? so they can pick the "best" of the homosexuals and the worsts of the hetero's? what needs to be done is a truely impartial study, OR, have the pro-hetero do the study on the homosexuals, while the pro-homosexuals do the study on the hetero's

Back