Homosexuality

does the lack of a male/female role model bring deteriment to a child, no more that that of a single parent. and seeing how we have 50% divorce rate, I would assume that covers alot of us

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr.Bill @ Oct. 28 2004,11:23)]Peon, studies show that homosexual parents are just as capable as heterosexual parents: the fact that the parents are homosexual does not seem to play a factor in the quality of the raising of children.  Allowing homosexual adoptions is not a bandaid solution to the homeless children problem by direct intention, though it is a 'perk' that goes along with it.  The real proponent concept behind this movement is that homosexual couples desire to raise and love children of their own, just as heterosexual couples can.  

Why should they not?
Studies are designed by people advocating one position or another. For every study that is found to support one position of an issue, there is another one with just as convincing evidence for the otherside of the issue.

The reason I never quote studies is that any debate quickly becomes a rant on who did the study or a war on studies. I have this one, you have that one. Who wins that debate? The person who has one study more the the next?

I choose to practice a little freethinking, go out into the real world and see that children who come from broken families, single parent homes and same sex adoptive parents are developmently behind children who come from hetro-sexual relationships. I just have to goto my sons school to see it. I just have to observe his friends to know it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I choose to practice a little freethinking

wow.gif

Back