Homosexuality

Not everyone is.. but how many thousands are? THose parades and the fact that they now have classes about it in school really irritates me.

God made them as just as anyone else. I have lust to. I have as just as much lust for women as they do whatever.... You are supposed to resist lust not give in to it.

Yes lust and pure sex relationships happen among heterosexuals and it is as just as wrong!! Pure sex and lust is WRONG no matter what the lust and sex is with.

Break ups and Homosexual parents are both terrible.... but being a homosexual isnt going to cure divorce now is it? And besides, by God's definition marraige is a Man and a woman... and Homosexuals cannot make children, they have to adopt others.

No no no... You can have love in a homosexual relationship, sure. I love my brothers But That doesnt mean I have sex with them! My point is, love is never a reason for sex! Ok since im not gay and I love quite a few females. Does that mean its Ok for me to have sex with them?! NO. Sex is for reproduction in marriage, homosexuals cannot achieve either.

Scriptures says that there are Eunuchs, by choice and by design. Is it not possible that some people where created not to serve a role in marriage. And because people are taught and reinforced that we must have a partner, that these people think that because they lack the desire for the opposite sex that they must, by process of elimation, then have a desire for the same sex?

Could it not be possible that society itself is to blame by teaching and reinforcing that people who are in a relationship are somehow better then those who aren't? Thereby driving the need or desire in some to seek out relationships in all the wrong places?

I belive so Peon... as outside of humankind is there any evidence of any other creature partaking in homosexuality without human influence of course.

Wow what a rant. Homosexuals biblically wrong, I admit it says so in the bible, along with drunkenness, adultery, Sex with family members, smoking, breaking the ten commandments. Lying, stealing, etc but here is the thing for me

Where a curious non believer asks me about it. I explain what the bible says. I personally do not care what your do, its not my business. A Homosexual father rising a child. I did many a report in psychology about this.

A upstanding decent citizen who is an homosexual who raises a child does not damage that child and more than one who smokes or drinks especially but not damaging.

Infact that child learns tolerance for Homosexual and can see them not as freakish monsters but as people. When I have been questioned by my Gay Friends( Yes I have some) About What God expects I tell them what the bible says, and if they walk and listen to God, there choices will be come clear.

Some will be shocked, but the fact is I am not here to cast stones, when you have done what I have done, and tasted fruits I have. God makes it clear to me, I am not here to judge.

Being gay is no less a sin than stealing, or lying, we all have done that, the best God expects from any of us is to be the best we can with the portions we have.

If you are gay or confused or just having a wild time, God loves you, how can I do any less?

ByblosHex
Yes it is documnet that for what ever reason some animals will practice Homosexuality. I will look for the apporpriate references for you.

its not often , but does happen, much to the soical dismay of the peer cirlce(Lack of better term)

Montrez... as you compare a homosexual parent to a drunk you are agreeing that it is damaging. Drunkedness is wrong and so is homosexuality. Im not saying Homosexuality is way worse then those other things because its not. A homosexual parent is as just as bad as a drunk parent.

Im not casting stones, im saying its a sin and repent, its as just a sin as any other I agree. But I repent of all of my sins, I do not lead a lifestyle of Sin as homosexuals do. They cannot repent unless they undesrtand that what they are doing is wrong.... right?

I love the gay people.... No one here ever said they didnt.... we just hate what they do as God Hates what they do, its a sin, and is wrong and should be stopped, not suported or allowed.

Why are you protecting them, if Biblically they are as bad as a murderer or theif who hasnt repented? Yes I would be as guilty as them had i not repented, but how can you ever expect them to turn from their wicked ways if they never understand that they have wicked ways?

The issue here is strictly whether homosexuals should be allowed to raise children. I'll make another thread to address other homosexuallity issues, as this is a pretty significant topic.

Be allowed to raise children?

Well I am against adoption for starters. As most of the time it is caused by whores (proper term) who have kids knowing they cannot take care of them so they give them up so someone else can.... I really dont see any GOOD reason for why a child should be put up for adoption.... If you cannot afford to take care of a child then dont make one!

And you really should have sex until you ARE ready to make one.. Now if only the rest of the world would understand that one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gods_Peon @ Oct. 27 2004,7:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr.Bill @ Oct. 26 2004,10:33)]Care to substantiate that?
Use logic and reason.  If you are not exposed to something, you don't learn it.  If you are not exposed to math, you don't learn it.  If you are not exposed to writing, you don't learn it.  If you are not exposed to how people of the opposite sex are suppused to interact, you don't learn it.

Unlike math or writing which can be taught over a short period of time, relationships take a lifetime to learn.  If you are not exposed to it on a constant basis, not just when around grandma and grandpa once a week, once a month or once a year, you will not grasp it.  In a hetrosexual marriage, children learn to interact by watching their parents.  They learn how to interect with people of the same gender when they interact with the parent of the same gender and they reinforce what they learn from their parents when they interect with the parent of the opposite gender.

Each gender brings something unique to a relationship that just doesn't exist in same sex relationships.

This is common sense...of which I don't need a study to teach me.
I don't know about that Peon. Studies have shown that groups of people, if without a langauge or form of communication, will design one themselves. Math can be learned if not taught. The way relationships function may be more complicated, but a heterosexual child will still be attracted to members of the opposite sex, regardless of the orientation of his parents. Of course, homosexual parents tend to have more homosexual children. How much nature and nurture goes into this is still largely unknown, but studies show that it's a bit of both, leaning toward the nature side of things.

This is a very tricky issue, so we need to use more than just logic and reason I'm afraid. If you can find a study that supports your claim I'd really like to read it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Oct. 27 2004,10:28)]Be allowed to raise children?

Well I am against adoption for starters. As most of the time it is caused by whores (proper term) who have kids knowing they cannot take care of them so they give them up so someone else can.... I really dont see any GOOD reason for why a child should be put up for adoption.... If you cannot afford to take care of a child then dont make one!

And you really should have sex until you ARE ready to make one.. Now if only the rest of the world would understand that one.
Byblos, this thread isn't about abstinence..though I agree, people should wait to have sex until they are ready. But it doesn't matter how the children got there. The fact of the matter is that they are there and they need a home and loving family. So, should homosexuals be allowed to adopt children?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Oct. 27 2004,10:19)]Montrez... as you compare a homosexual parent to a drunk you are agreeing that it is damaging. Drunkedness is wrong and so is homosexuality. Im not saying Homosexuality is way worse then those other things because its not. A homosexual parent is as just as bad as a drunk parent.

Im not casting stones, im saying its a sin and repent, its as just a sin as any other I agree. But I repent of all of my sins, I do not lead a lifestyle of Sin as homosexuals do. They cannot repent unless they undesrtand that what they are doing is wrong.... right?

I love the gay people.... No one here ever said they didnt.... we just hate what they do as God Hates what they do, its a sin, and is wrong and should be stopped, not suported or allowed.

Why are you protecting them, if Biblically they are as bad as a murderer or theif who hasnt repented? Yes I would be as guilty as them had i not repented, but how can you ever expect them to turn from their wicked ways if they never understand that they have wicked ways?
I am sorry if I have given “protection ‘to them that is not my intention. My intention is I find it amazing that the venom in the rant of homosexuals, is seeped with, I do not know how to describe it.

The bottom line should be we as Christians find it wrong because GOD finds it sinful. There should be no debating the social norms or benefits to society.

GOD says it’s a sin

EVERY other debate on it is in favor of a humanistic and tolerance view.

Biblical view is not about tolerance. But Christ did not come condemning either, the “cast the 1st stone” is a beautiful example of how we as Christians should treat the lost and unsaved and EVEN fellow proclaimed Christian.

I was protecting no one. I did not say or contend homosexuality was good in Gods sight. I said I could care less what anyone does. If flaunted in my face, and god wanted me to speak up, He would my mouth with the appropriate words. He did not give me a burden for the debate of Homosexuals. And I choose not to take it us without His command.

BUT if you ask me do I think it’s right or wrong I will refer to scripture and take my stance from that.

I am sorry I got way off base. This will ruffle a few feather, but here it goes:

*********JIM wrote : A few mentioned outside this forum, such as opposition to homosexual adoption, is that it is harmful to the child (emotionally, I presume) to grow up without a male/female role model.

This is a point I am very concerned with.

Very much I would like to know what reasons you believe homosexuals should be limited in these areas.

I understand this can be a sensitive topic, so I really ask you to keep your posts civil and to-the-point. *************

Yes they should! You can not limit in the USA the ability if any hard working citizen in Good standing to prevent them from adopting a child. No more then stopping a Jew, Muslim , Native American, Puerto Rican or Smoker from doing so.

This is my option and the conclusion I have come to.

@Montrez again....

The law will condemn them not me, I am simply showing them they way to salvation is understanding and repentance.

Im not Condemning them, I am standing up against what they do.. If Jesus never said whats wrong and argued why then we would never consider what we do to be wrong, therefor couldnt repent for it and therefor we would ALL be condemned!

I am simply doing my duty and saying "Homosexualuity is a Sin, and must be repented and turned from or you will not enter the kingdom of heaven."

Byblos, I am not at all insinuating you are attacking homosexuals as people. However, I noticed you mentioned that you are annoyed when there are classes on this sort of thing, and when they go on marches.

My main problem is when ordinary homosexuals wish similar rights to other people and are blocked, usually on religious grounds (Although social factors play a major part too). Don't get me wrong; I dislike it when they go on gay pride marches too. It smacks of arrogance and exhibitionism. But remember, it is only recently these people have had the social freedom to reveal their nature. Until recently, they have had to cover up and act as the rest of society wishes. I am not having a dig at you.

To me, it is fine if religion, or anybody for that matter, considers homosexuality a sin, or even outright detests it. As long as they do not interfere with legitimate rights.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Oct. 27 2004,10:54)]The law will condemn them not me
so you are saying we are under the OT law, and not the NT grace, which is why Christ died, not so we would trade one law and set of rules for another... good logically deducation there, glad you understand the faith you claim.

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but if not, it needs to be.

What is the definition of marriage? What is its purpose?

What is the definition of a family? What is its purpose?

Maybe you arent but some MODs are accusing me of attacking people

I wouldnt mind welcoming them into the church so they can learn what God has to say about their lifestyle

I dont belive they should be persecuted, no no. But I belive that it should be NOT taught in schools and inforced... I dont belive them to be any worse then myself as a sinner.... but I would like them to turn from their ways so that they might be with me in heaven.

But, it angers me that it is so much enforced in schools, on TV and on the streets.. to me it is as just as wrong as any other sin.

@LoJ... Huh?
we are all going to be judged according to the OT law... but the Christians will be excempt from any punishment because they are forgivin for all SIN in the same of Jesus Christ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dark Virtue @ Oct. 27 2004,12:22)]I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but if not, it needs to be.

What is the definition of marriage?  What is its purpose?

What is the definition of a family?  What is its purpose?
Alright, let's have a go at this then...

Marriage has been traditionally defined as the bond between a man and a woman. I believe it's purpose is symbolism of the strength of the love between the two people. I do not believe it is to raise children, because not all married couples have children, and they are still married.

A family, in this context, would be at least one child and at least one parent. It's purpose is to love and support each other, especially the child, who needs to be raised and prepared for the rest of his or her life.

I believe that homosexuals should be able to marry, because the love that a typical homosexual couple have for each other is identical to the typical married couple. To say that they should not becuase it would be unsanctifying marriage in general is ridiculous.

I believe that homosexuals should be able to adopt children, as there is not significant evidence against their ability to raise children being equal to that of heterosexuals. In many cases they have higher ability.

Back