FOOD AGAIN!!!!!!

Mmmmm. Almonds....

I love the Big Almond Hershey's bars. Oh and I'd eat them by the fist full all by themselves.

Love almonds. Especially raw ones. Love pistachios too. My 3.5 year old daughter is a pistachio FIEND. I can hardly store the bag high enough. A couple of nights ago, she brought the step stool to the pantry, pulled them down, and ran to me cackling with glee.

Not sure I've had pistachio pudding. But I told my daughter that pistachio ice cream is a thing, so we're going to be tracking down some pistachio ice cream soon. I can't remember having it either, though I'm sure I have at some point.

Let's what else will we find in the can of mixed nuts? Ah here we go
Brazil nuts.

I use walnuts as a snack.

We have fallen in love with toasted almond slices over veggies. We get the big bag from Costco. While I'm stir-frying the veggies I use a crepe pan to toast the almonds on the stove. Addictingly good addition.

Walnuts are a nut that I'm just not that into. I eat them on occasion, but I don't like them in cookies or brownies. As part of a "tin roof" on a sundae they're ok.

Then there is the fun of shelling out wild Black Walnuts. A big mess if not careful.

Brazil nuts - some of my favorites in a can of mixed nuts, but unlike some other nuts, I don't just buy them by themselves. Side note that maybe no one here will care about: I've heard more about them lately from ladies who eat a few a day to try to enhance fertility. So that's what I think of when I hear about Brazil nuts, lately.

Walnuts - like candied walnuts in salads, cookies and brownies I can take or leave--I like them either way. Banana nut bread and the like MUST have them! Shelling them makes me think of Christmas time and the bulk shelled nuts you can buy in the winter. I made homemade walnut butter once, and it was just okay. Not in a hurry to make that again.

Hmm, don't usually care for doughnuts, but when I do want one, it's powdered sugar. Other pastries: cheese danish, creme horns (sometimes), cinnamon rolls with NOT a lot of icing.

Krispy Kreme spoiled me on doughnuts. Regular doughnuts are good, but they pale in comparison.

My favorite has to be nice, fresh apple fritters.

To me, krispy kremes are even nastier than most doughnuts. :-\ I know that's like blasphemy. But oooh I forgot about apple fritters.

I guess cheesecake counts, we have a local small chain that makes a very, very good peanut doughnut. And if they are out I will go with a white frosted cake doughnut.

Speaking of fall delicacies, I have one I have been wondering about.

Now, I like a good pumpkin pie and my mom is well known for her backing ability. However, the present hysteria over pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING is getting annoying. Are you a pumpkin aficionado or a pumpkin maniac (or do you avoid all pumpkin as my wife does).

Back