fast computer

sorry to break your heart but macs do get viruses.

also, i run windows. i dont get viruses ether!

knowing not to click on stupid email things/stupid adds FTW!

Yeah I don't run anti-virus software and still havent had a virus in years. What I like about PCs is you can buy the parts and build your own:p

Hi everyone.

My name is Odale.

I have an Os problem.

I actually do have Vista on my new gaming computer and it does run well... but only because it has 8 gigs of memory to try to eat and an AMD 9850BE to use.

My laptop has Vista and that's a whole different story all together...

Believe it or not... Windows-based computers do have an edge on Macs... the price.
A man once told me, if you buy a computer buy the best and spend as much money as needed. The best is a mac.

Well - it would be a total misrepresentation to say Macs do not get viruses (viri?) since they are now starting to appear - just not in the high threat, every-day, protect-my-pc-now-and-forever kind of way they do for M$ systems...

that's not even true....OS/X had *at least* as many vulnerabilities as Vista, if not more...visit CERT

in about 15 years of using a PC i've had one virus - really. and that includes years of being an uninformed and reckless teenager, so i think that says a few things.

Windows have no pros over mac. So Mac>Windows because Macs don't have nearly as many problems as windows. We also can play windows games with crossover. And we have bootcamp. So you would probably have almost no problems with your computers speed if you would have just went with a mac. True story, I had a windows with good anti-virus software, and my windows still wiped 4 times.

1.) cost
2.) the fact that i can upgrade any part at any time and stick any parts in there i want
3.) drivers are generally developed for.../drumroll...Windows before anything else
4.) using a mac makes you say silly things like "windows have no pros over mac"
5.) no stupid commercials that are based on, to put it nicely, a distortion of the truth
6.) better hardware and software solutions for PCs over macs, e.g. the DirecTV tuner card (which looks like it may only be the DishTV card at this point)...not for mac...PC only

...anything else i missed?

one might be tempted to ask why mac has such a low market share if it's that great ;)

Bill Gates owns just as much stock as Steve Jobs in Apple... hmmm?

If is wasn't for Microsoft, Apple would not be what it is today, infact it would most likely not even be.

Yeah Mac's are such great computers but wasn't it the iPod and iPhone that saved them from going under? heh

Yeah Mac's are such great computers but wasn't it the iPod and iPhone that saved them from going under? heh

It was Bill Gates pumping in millions of dollors to keep them goig... why? Cause Mac;s make money for Microsft too. MS Office is the best there is.

that's not even true....OS/X had *at least* as many vulnerabilities as Vista, if not more...visit CERT

in about 15 years of using a PC i've had one virus - really. and that includes years of being an uninformed and reckless teenager, so i think that says a few things.

1.) cost=Have you realized that only expensive windows computers can compare to a first generation macbook (Not even the pro)
2.) the fact that i can upgrade any part at any time and stick any parts in there i want (Most windows laptops don't even have that)
3.) drivers are generally developed for.../drumroll...Windows before anything else
(True but we are pretty well off)
4.) using a mac makes you say silly things like "windows have no pros over mac"
(Silly?)
5.) no stupid commercials that are based on, to put it nicely, a distortion of the truth (First of all there is no distortion of the truth, second of all your windows commercials are trying to be as good as macs commercials which they fail badly, [Just thought I'd add that])
6.) better hardware and software solutions for PCs over macs, e.g. the DirecTV tuner card (which looks like it may only be the DishTV card at this point)...not for mac...PC only (We are starting to get as many solutions)

...anything else i missed? (Yea, how the new macbooks have really good graphics cards and all macs now have something called Bootcamp which lets you dual boot windows.)

one might be tempted to ask why mac has such a low market share if it's that great ;)

To answer the question you asked, because most windows people have been with windows for so long that they will refuse change even if its for the better. Macs are proven to be easier to use and less of a headache. I think buying a mac is a smart thing to do because we have bootcamp and can put wondows on our comps. But it really comes down to is which OS do you know better. The one you know better is probably the best thing you can get.

Here is a comparison, Its kind of old though.

lol...really? i used apples before PCs...

why does bootcamp make it better for me? that implies that Vista is still superior, but that the Mac hardware options are better, which is not the case at all.

that 'comparison' is also rather biased...when you put things like the registry in there with the implication that it's bad...that's clearly slanted one way

apple OSes have been around just as long as windows...so the deal about refusing to change really isn't strong :)

not to mention the fact that I can run plenty of OSes in Virtual PC or VMWare at the same time ;)

It all comes down to personal preference. Clearly everyone thinks their OS is the best. So it probably is for them.

If your OS is the best why do you NEED to run bootcamp to run windows so you can do everything you want to? heh

Thats like saying your car is the best but every weekend you rent a truck to go do stuff.

I emphasize bootcamp because it makes it easier to transfer to macs. You can dual boot.

This is true. You can't eat a PC, but you can eat an apple.

Back