fast computer

noname

so aside from my shotty hardware issues my friend showed me ways to make XP FLY!!

basicly turning off all the lil things like the animation settings for the windows and the drop down stuff. then turning off stuff in the startup config. then turning off system services that i'll never use like error reporting or stuff dealing with extended networking kinda work. turned all that off gets rid of SCVhost programs running in the background of your computer thus freeing up some memory (i've been having memory issues of late..)

also if you make your "home page" in your web browser a blank page it loads SO much faster.

lil stuff like that all thrown together makes for a happy system.

yaaaay me

:p:p:cool::cool::cool:

so aside from my shotty hardware issues my friend showed me ways to make XP FLY!!

basicly turning off all the lil things like the animation settings for the windows and the drop down stuff. then turning off stuff in the startup config. then turning off system services that i'll never use like error reporting or stuff dealing with extended networking kinda work. turned all that off gets rid of SCVhost programs running in the background of your computer thus freeing up some memory (i've been having memory issues of late..)

also if you make your "home page" in your web browser a blank page it loads SO much faster.

yaaaay me

blackviper.com

yaaaay me

The Question is ..... will it work at the Church.... :eek:

how to make a fast computer.... put it on an airplane.

Windows Vista vs. Macs Leopard
Windows says,"Macs STINK"
Mac says,"We don't get viruses"
Mac says,"We can run faster without needing to turn stuff off"
Mac says,"We now have intel chips and really good graphics cards"
Mac says,"Even our first Macbooks could run fast and play most 3d games very well"
Mac says,"So Windows, have any pros about yourself?"
Windows gets a virus and the whole computer wipes.

Windows have no pros over mac. So Mac>Windows because Macs don't have nearly as many problems as windows. We also can play windows games with crossover. And we have bootcamp. So you would probably have almost no problems with your computers speed if you would have just went with a mac. True story, I had a windows with good anti-virus software, and my windows still wiped 4 times.
Just my 2 cents about Windows.

Well - it would be a total misrepresentation to say Macs do not get viruses (viri?) since they are now starting to appear - just not in the high threat, every-day, protect-my-pc-now-and-forever kind of way they do for M$ systems...

Hi everyone.

My name is Odale.

I have an Os problem.

I actually do have Vista on my new gaming computer and it does run well... but only because it has 8 gigs of memory to try to eat and an AMD 9850BE to use.

My laptop has Vista and that's a whole different story all together...

Windows have no pros over mac. So Mac>Windows because Macs don't have nearly as many problems as windows. We also can play windows games with crossover. And we have bootcamp. So you would probably have almost no problems with your computers speed if you would have just went with a mac. True story, I had a windows with good anti-virus software, and my windows still wiped 4 times.
Just my 2 cents about Windows.

Believe it or not... Windows-based computers do have an edge on Macs... the price.

Back