Dragon Quest IX brings Tag Mode to America

I just found out about this, sadly fairbanks' GS is not in on this and the closest one that is is at Anchorage.
That is at least three hours away too late for me.

That's right, all the cool kids are down in Anchorage. :p
Am I the only one that thinks it's strange that we have such disproportionate Alaskan representation in this community?

Since the Canadian-American currency exchange rate isn't as ridiculous as it was a decade ago, we may have to start teasing the Alaskaland citizens (all in good fun) once in a while. They are, of course, allowed to tease us about our complete and total lack of active oilfields. And heat. Oh my, it's hot here in the Midwest this week.

</offtopic>

I plan to attend next week's event at Best Buy since yesterday's event at Gamestop went so well. I've read that the boss in the Zoma Treasure Map dungeon is brutal, so I don't know if I'll have time to clear that dungeon and pass on the map at the Best Buy event, but I'll certainly take a crack at it.

So now that the Gamestop event has come and gone, is there any among you who plan to attend the Best Buy event?

Am I the only one that thinks it's strange that we have such disproportionate Alaskan representation in this community?
Nope. I was asking Keero (and possibly Elader... can't remember if the convo was on IRC or Facebook) last night if I should move to Alaska since that seems to be the place to live. lol

So now that the Gamestop event has come and gone, is there any among you who plan to attend the Best Buy event?
My kingdom for DQIX. Due to an unfortunate lack of game, I won't be at Best Buy's gig. Alas. Sounds like it's pretty neat after hearing about your Gamestop experience.

Since the Canadian-American currency exchange rate isn't as ridiculous as it was a decade ago, we may have to start teasing the Alaskaland citizens (all in good fun) once in a while. They are, of course, allowed to tease us about our complete and total lack of active oilfields. And heat. Oh my, it's hot here in the Midwest this week.

I wonder if the closer exchange has to do with Canadas oilfields which sell a rather large amount of oil to the United States?

Heads up for those who...

1. Don't have the game.
2. Want the game.
3. Have money for the game.

...I've been told that K-Mart is giving away Zelda: Spirit Tracks with purchase of DQIX. Deal supposedly runs until the seventh, so get on it.

Unfortunately, I only meet criteria one and two, so I won't be making use of what seems like a really good deal.

Heads up for those who...

1. Don't have the game.
2. Want the game.
3. Have money for the game.

...I've been told that K-Mart is giving away Zelda: Spirit Tracks with purchase of DQIX. Deal supposedly runs until the seventh, so get on it.
I've read about this deal elsewhere, but was unable to find a link to the deal. Would you mind posting a link to your information source?

And yes, that is indeed an awesome deal.

EDIT: Judging by the lack of response to my previous post, it looks like no members in the community plan to attend the event at Best Buy locations this Saturday. :( I'm still planning on going and will report back after.

Last edited:
I've read about this deal elsewhere, but was unable to find a link to the deal. Would you mind posting a link to your information source?

And yes, that is indeed an awesome deal.

EDIT: Judging by the lack of response to my previous post, it looks like no members in the community plan to attend the event at Best Buy locations this Saturday. :( I'm still planning on going and will report back after.
I confirmed it with that deal website with the name I probably shouldn't link to here. I did some more clicking around and got this.

The event scheduled for today at our local Best Buy was canceled.

:(

Last edited:
Back