Dragon Quest IX brings Tag Mode to America

I believe "the enemy are defeated" is correct grammar according to the Queen's English, though I may be mistaken.

Yes, it is correct, sort of, just a bit odd. Generally a mixed group would be referred to as enemies and a group made of one type of creature would be an enemy. "The enemy are the French" as opposed to "The enemies are the French and the Spanish" Granted this could be one of the things that differ from Britain to Canada, although differences are generally things that involved trade with the United States of America, such as tires instead of tyres as the large majority of Canada's trade involving tires was with the US.

Not to imply that either of those nations are made up of creatures.

Also, I speak the Queen's English, just Elizabeth, Queen of Canada's English, and not Elizabeth, Queen of Britain's English. (Yes, they are the same person, slightly different Englishes though.)

/bump

Anyone planning to go to the Gamestop DQIX event tomorrow? I'm considering it, though I don't like the idea of going by myself to an event where most of the attendees will probably be half my age. :(
I dunno about that age thing. I could be way off base here, but I would think Dragon Quest tends to attract more longtime gamers than younglings off the street. It ain't a Halo release. ;)

I'm not planning on going, sadly. I have not the funds for the game. Alas.

I don't plan on going either... but I am hoping too this month since it is a new month with a new weekly mad money. :) hehe

I dunno about that age thing. I could be way off base here, but I would think Dragon Quest tends to attract more longtime gamers than younglings off the street. It ain't a Halo release. ;)
Right, but you don't see a lot of adult gamers playing DS Lites (or DSis or DSi XLs or DS Phats) in the Midwest. At least, I haven't.

Right, but you don't see a lot of adult gamers playing DS Lites (or DSis or DSi XLs or DS Phats) in the Midwest. At least, I haven't.
That's just unfortunate, but I hear ya.

If I were forced to pick one system, and one system alone, to have and to hold, it would be the DS. So much RPG goodness.

yes the DS has tons of excellent RPGS. :) So does the GBA if you have the expansion slot...which gives ENDLESS RPG goodies. :)

Why when I was your age I used to walk up hill both ways just to get to game day releases...pphhhttt kids these days...:rolleyes:
Last time I walked uphill both ways (which literally happens every day during the school year... the cost of having to cross a valley to get to the bus stop) for something... some thuglike followed me for a quarter mile.

Last time I walked uphill both ways (which literally happens every day during the school year... the cost of having to cross a valley to get to the bus stop) for something... some thuglike followed me for a quarter mile.

ROFLOL :D

The only part of that story that wasn't true is that it wasn't the most recent trip that had some lookout man tailing me for a quarter mile before breaking off to go back to his post.

Actually happened. o_O

Looks like Best Buy and Simon Malls are hosting their own Dragon Quest IX events. Read this article for more info.

The local Best Buy is holding an event, so I may check it out.

On a side note: I understand why these events are held on Saturdays (people are off work, kids are out of school, etc.), but I loathe crowded places. I wish there was an alternatives for people who don't want to drive out to crowded retail stores on the weekend. :(

Why when I was your age I used to walk up hill both ways just to get to game day releases...pphhhttt kids these days...:rolleyes:

We didn't even even have game day releases...we just went up and down that hill pushing a hoop with a stick! And we liked it!

/getoffmylawn

Well, today's the day and I think I'm going to go check out the event. I'll probably keep my DS in Tag Mode in my pocket, but my curiosity is getting the better of me. I'll probably only stay a short while, then turn around and head home for Straturday.

Who knows? Maybe most or nearly all the attendees will also be old school gamers. That would be totally rad.

Are you a bad enough dude to stay, Tek?
As it turns out, I was.

The event was much more fun than I had expected. Turnout was great (ended up adding 17 or 18 guests to the Stornway Inn), most of those attending were adults, the children that attended were well-behaved, I finally got to see how multiplayer works (and it's rather cool), and I had an opportunity to talk to other people around my age about video games.

So much fun.

Back