Devona's Tavern - the new Off-topic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhh, yes.... people hating Microsoft for three reasons....
1. Computer monopoly which means it is close to 10x targeted for ad-ware; spy-ware; and the good old fashion viruses.
2. since it is a monopoly they (Microsoft) try and appease EVERYONE.... which usually ends up having the most dedicated left in the rain [or at least left with a dumbed down software].
AND
3. Microsoft in their monopoly state, try and make the foxy.... Firefox?.... for everyone.... and it will .... wait a minute... I'm just repeating the first two....

OK OK...
the two reasons people don't like Microsoft... that could just be considered one.... if you have the right view....nvm.... i quit.

I would have Linux if I felt like actually learning how to work it. Plus you have to emulate the stuff for games to work, right?

I just duel boot linux and windoz. My productivity is always higher in linux and a few games only run in windows. It only takes about 2 minutes to reboot anyway.

Once Microsoft starts actually enforcing their installation and registration you will see more people move to linux as they are forced to pay for their OS. (look at india where a flourishing illegal software business is en-grained).

As Microsoft begins "enforcing" the switch from XP (via dropping software updates sometime in the next year or 2) people will get to decide between 200+ windows or free linux. Considering that linux requires much less hardware horsepower to run and will run with full "effects" on even 6 year old machines we will likely see an increase in linux users that will likely spread from the "lower" class in computer users. Although this number will be largely limited as people will continue to buy what is familiar.

I would much rather spend zilch on my OS and spend that money on stuff like Adobe creative suite, which allows me to do stuff on the side that makes money, or invest it into projects that will generate revenue or enjoyment (ie fun :p).

Your thread got too big, Vibro. :) This is the heir to your infamous thread.

What a legacy, huh? You created the thread that got so big it had to be retired! :D

Last edited:
Well, a spam thread it has become. It is the destiny of all threads I post in, or so it seems :p

i just think its the outcome.

glad to have you back Vibro :) i joined about a month before you went MIA so you might not remember me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back