Devona's Tavern - the new Off-topic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont give in to the peer pressure, I had never heard of Princess Bride until i joined SoE. I caved and watched the movie like 5 months ago, it was....interesting. Woot! 660 posts! At this rate ill never make it to 1000.

I've seen it. It was funny when wotshisname falls down the hill and Buttercup chases after him and ends up rolling down after him. Or at least I thought it was funny. Am I still awake?

It really is a shame. Not that any of you who haven't seen it suck at life or something... but you really should see it. You're missing out on a great movie.

-Chadley

It really is a shame. Not that any of you who haven't seen it suck at life or something... but you really should see it. You're missing out on a great movie.

-Chadley

Yes, it is a shame. I believe that seeing it is required for being a nerd. Your nerd XP and level goes up even higher if you own it. You really must see it, along with the following nerd qualifying movies... Monty Python's Holy Grail, Space Balls, Airplane, and Airplane 2.

Feel free to add to the list everyone.
nerd.gif

Yes, it is a shame. I believe that seeing it is required for being a nerd. Your nerd XP and level goes up even higher if you own it. You really must see it, along with the following nerd qualifying movies... Monty Python's Holy Grail, Space Balls, Airplane, and Airplane 2.

Feel free to add to the list everyone.
nerd.gif

napolean dynamite increases ur nerd level

napolean dynamite increases ur nerd level

Disagree. WAY too mainstream, and it was produced by MTV! Nerd points would be given out to things more like Star Wars (depending on how much of them you've memorized), most things by Mel Brooks (ie- Spaceballs, Men in Tights, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein), Disney movies (depending on how old you are and the last time you watched them), Muppet movies, musicals, Clue, anime... I could go on for awhile.

I would also have a hard time saying The Holy Grail. Again, it would have to be credited by how much of the movie you can quote CORRECTLY. Now, Monty Python's Flying Circus or some of the lesser-known movies would definately count. For example, do the words "Dead Parrot" mean anything to anyone?? ;)

-Chadley

Disagree. WAY too mainstream, and it was produced by MTV! Nerd points would be given out to things more like Star Wars (depending on how much of them you've memorized),
-Chadley
You beat me to Star Wars! >_<

i say you are a full nerd as soon as you spend New Years Eve/Day with four teenagers watching Star Wars I-VI non stop for 16 hrs. Yes im proud to be a nerd!

A geek is an individual who is fascinated, perhaps obsessively, by obscure or very specific areas of knowledge and imagination, usually electronic or virtual in nature. Geek may not always have the same meaning as the term nerd. The Merriam-Webster definitions are "1: a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken or snake 2: a person often of an intellectual bent who is disliked 3: an enthusiast or expert especially in a technological field or activity."

Nerd, as a stereotypical or archetypal designation, refers to somebody who passionately pursues intellectual or esoteric, rather than having a healthy social life, participating in organized sports, or other mainstream activities. The Merriam-Webster definition is an "unstylish, unattractive, or socially inept person; especially: one slavishly devoted to intellectual or academic pursuits."

....and knowing is half the battle!

i would have to agree with Chadley about a few of his...and steal them. Young Frankenstein and Clue, great movies. A long with the original that started this pricess bride.

i would have to agree with Chadley about a few of his...and steal them. Young Frankenstein and Clue, great movies. A long with the original that started this pricess bride.

How could I forget those two movies??? We own both of them also. Along with the Star Wars movies and the Lord of the Rings trilogy (all of the original versions and the extended versions).

The Holy Grail... my son can quote most of it correctly. "But Father, I don't want to get married. I want to...." LOL That was from my memory, which is 41 years old and not in such great working order.

I have to agree Mr Dynamite is WAY too main Stream! Now in about 10 years it may qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back