Christians and computer games

G

You know, let's try this the other way. I think it'd be fun to throw your own book at you, prayboys (and girls).

1 John 2
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

So kids, you like your games? When was the last time God was mentioned in them (apart from the everpresent HOLY SH##!!)? The games are hardly "of God". So they must be of the world. Hmm. Your chances to get on the Heaven Train suddenly look bleak...

2 Peter 3
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

If I am understanding this gibberish correctly, this commands you to be uncontaminated by the world's influence. Are you, now?

1 Peter 1
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

KABLOOIE! Love this BFG9000, because I just blew you to holy hell with it. But really, no. Even if shooting Nazies in Wolfenstein is righteous, it's not exactly holy. I'm not even going to touch multiplayer FPSs...

1 Peter 2
11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

Excuse me? How about the rack on the newest Unreal girl? Or the glistening boobs of Everbreast? Or those lickable, skin-tight outfits (mmm, lickable skin-tight outfits) on Freedom Force's superheroines? Or the House of Earthly Delights in Suran, Vvardenfell? Oy, oy.

1 Thessalonians 5
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Where to begin? PvP games, you appear to kill people. Single-player games, you appear to kill people and monsters. Any game with an attractive female character, you appear to have unclean thoughts and appear to lust. Tisk, tisk. No heaven cookie for you.

2 Corinthians 10
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Say, if Jesus walked in in the middle of your Unreal 2003 session and looked over your shoulder, would he think that you're concentrating hard on obeying him? Or would he, in his best tradition, just incinerate you on the spot instead?

Let's see. Cheryl, Ultima, over here. Bring your boys and your guns and get laughed at. I need entertainment.

Hmm...interesting points..but let's see.

1 John 2:15  
This says to not love the world.  But look closely at what it means, especially  in connection with the verses around it.  We should not love (agapeo) the world, rather that love should be reserved for God.  We shouldn't love what is around us, to the point that it damages our relationship with God and our loved ones.  We shouldn't let what the world shows us influence us towards sin, rather we should be dead to that sin, living a holy life accountable before God alone.

2 Peter 3:14
Do you know what things are being looked for?  It is eternity and the coming of the Lord.  To that we should be looking, and as such we should continue in salvation with the knowledge that the suffering of Jesus allows us to be at peace, without spot and blameless (read on into v. 15 an 16)

1 Peter 1:15
now, I don't laugh at people as their virtual characters die.  My speech in game is holy.  Of course you must explain what definition for holy and righteous you are using.

1 Peter 2:11  
This war is inside of us.  If these cartoonish images doesn't affect us, we have won that battle,   now the lusts of the flesh are enumerated in Gals 5:19-21 If I am not showing these things but rather showing the fruits of the spirit (Gals 5:22) then what can I be accused of doing wrong?

1 Thessalonians 5:22
Yes we are to abstain from the appearance of evil.  BUT we should not allow this to become timidity in our quest to spread Christ's love. Also look at the verses around it, it tells us to prove all things, and to hold fast to those that are good, and that God will sanctify us wholly.

2 Corinthians 10:5  
Hmm....again, read around this scripture.  This is a section of passage discussin spiritual warfare.  We do not war after the flesh, rather we fight against principalites and powers in the high places.  Besides look closer at the original texts, and that word imagings would be better translated as 'reasonings'.
so the better paraphrase of that scripture is
"Cast down reasonings that exalt themselves and not God"

I personally think that if Jesus walked in, he would sit down and play the game with us.  Christ walked in this world.  He communed with the outcasts, the tax collectors, theifs.  I think Christ would see multiplayer games as a way to reach people the way those Christians who play do, and God believes in rest and relaxation, which is what games ultimately are.

Among your qoutes above my Bible also tells me that all things are allowed to me, but not all things are good for me, as well as that I should find my own faith in discovery of what is good and what is bad for me, which is done through prayer, and reading the Bible.  

Now who are you to decide that video games are bad for me?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kidan @ Feb. 12 2003,12:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1 John 2:15
We shouldn't love what is around us, to the point that it damages our relationship with God and our loved ones.

Good point almost; but God doesn't care about your loved ones. Let the dead bury their dead, you know? But OK, I agree on the most of this, as long as you're addicted to biblethumping and not everquesting I guess you're OK. 1:0.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]2 Peter 3:14

That was a bad pick on my part. The whole passage is gibberish that can be stretched like chewing gum. 2:0.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1 Peter 1:15
Of course you must explain what definition for holy and righteous you are using.

The definitions of holy and righteous are all over your book. I don't believe they include establishing virtual domination over others (who did nothing to you, as far as you're concerned) by the way of simulating bloody warfare. 2:1

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1 Peter 2:11
what can I be accused of doing wrong?

You're looking at these images. You SHOULD be averting your eyes. If a parade of naked women walks in front of your window, you should be averting your eyes and screaming for them to cover the hell up up. 2:2, and it leads us directly into...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1 Thessalonians 5:22

I fail to see how playing games spreads Christ's love. If you and I ever meet in, say, Q3 or Unreal, the only thing you'd better be trying to spread is my guts on the nearest wall. Which won't happen, but that's beside the point. 2:3.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]2 Corinthians 10:5
"Cast down reasonings that exalt themselves and not God"

That is a very convenient, excusing interpretation and can be argued. Additionally, have you ever been visited by the thoughts to the tune of "damm I'm good" while creaming someone online or killing an NPC? That's not exhalting God. And you know for bloody sure he didn't help you get that frag. But, hey. 2.5:3.5

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I personally think that if Jesus walked in, he would sit down and play the game with us.

Highly doubtful. Just because riffraff followed him didn't mean that he didn't promptly beat that riffraff into a mobile ministry/cheerleader squad/horn section. I don't think he'd walk up to a thief, steal something and then say, DUDE, that's dexterous, but really uncool - hey, wanna be an apostle instead? No... it'd probably be more like, GIVE THAT BACK, REPENT ON THE DOUBLE AND FOLLOW ME, OR IT'S THE PIT FOR YOU - BECAUSE GOD LOVES YOU, SOLDIER. So no, if he does walk into your room and you're playing, you'd better have a shortcut to format c:\ handy...

Anyway, looks like evil wins again... because good is dumb. Heh.

Such things as warfare are allowable for Christians
Peter carried a sword regularly. Not that big of a deal. We can't kill just to kill, rather we can kill in service to our nation (in armed forces, police, etc) Most fps simulate those environments.

The thing is I don't see a "Parade of naked women" in my video games or my windows. Sometimes outfits might be tight, but it's less revealing than what you get at the beach. And the fact is, if I did see this type of activities in a video game I would get rid of said game, or movie, or whatever.

as for saying "Hey ain't I good" during a video game, this is something every fights. Irregardless of if it's a video game, a sorts activity or whatever. The thing is we are to TRY to be humble, and leave the rest up to God.

Jesus wouldn't have stolen no. Because that is explicitly against the law. But Jesus went and ate at people's houses he wasn't "supposed" to according to Jewish custom. When confronted with the adultress about to be stoned, He didn't pressure her into anything, rather he saved her life and said "Go and sin no more."

Again, I say, if Jesus walked into my house, I would boot up the laptop, snap it into the network, and play a little CounterStrike with Him. I'm sure he would roxor.

Good always looks dumb to evil, because Good holds to a moral standard.

I answer the summons. Yet another challenge, and THIS one with Scripture! Could it be that he is finally accepting what seemed impossible for him to reach: inciteful thought? Oh wait, I just read his last post....scratch that.
Regardless, I am here. Cheryl can come in if she wishes.
I'll call the verses in descending order, 1, 2, etc.
1. This says not to love the world: that means LOVE the world, as you would love God or your wife, if you indeed, do at all. To give them love of the heart. The world is not the place of man, so it is said. 1 John 4:19 affirms that (looks like Damar should have kept reading...): We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one." Satan is also attested to as the prince of the air, the ruler of this world, but not the Maker, nor the Creator, nor the King, nor the one in charge. He has to ask God for permission to do acts against his followers, as you see in Job 1...The Christians are not of this world, Damar. We are belonging to a higher authority: God. We are no longer bound to sin. WE are dead to it, and must be dead to it, and not continue in sin, though we all do. We are in this world, but not of it. Do you understand? Like, you can swim in water, but you can't breathe in the water, or you'll die. I think that serves fairly well as analogies go.
As for God not caring of loved ones....umm, I hate to tell you this, but He says He loves the WORLD. That means EVERYONE. The dead are the sinful, those of the world. They may bury the dead, the no longer living. But that was regarding Jesus to a man who wanted to follow him, but had to go and bury his father. God cares about us all. Or else we couldn't be saved, and God would be wrong, having lied to us, therefore God wouldn't exist, therefore I could have a free-for-all: rampant sex, murder, drugs, thievery and everything possible....but that's ONLY if, and as far as I can tell: every man has the choice to make: believe ON God or not. Make your home on God.
2. As for gibberish, 2 Peter 3:14-18 is telling us to be stable in God, to look forward to the coming of the Jesus Christ, and to Heaven, annnnnnnd, if you read 2 Peter 3:10-12..."But the day of the Lord (not the day of Jesus Christ's return) will come as a thief in the night, in whcih the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements melt with fervent heat?"
That is saying: God's Judgment is coming on the world, and it will be with fire. Everything will be destroyed, the atmosphere, the earth, and al things on it. Including people. After that is our reign with Christ, in the new heaven and the new earth. But this requires discernment and study. So you might not want to pick the one verse that only supports your ideas for a moment, and ignore (or "forget") the verses that immediately reject your ideas...
3. Umm, to my memory, "Conversation", isn't playing a game...Be holy in speech, in talk to your buddies, with parents, with brothers and sisters, with people you don't know...online. Whatever. So any point you decided to rack up for yourself here...has no basis. At all. Conversation is not playing games. I can go around and shoot anything in a game, and still be holy in speech...I don't see how this verse links to playing FPSs. And you know, as you said, what's right for me is not right for you....how can you then claim that defining holy and righteous by "Our book", the Bible, coincides with your definition of it? I would be interested in knowing what YOUR definition of holy and righteous is...or do you have one? To be holy is to be set apart from something else. It is to be blue in a white world. It is to be Christian in a sinful world. God is holy: he is not like us, he is not fleshly, he is not sinful. He is set apart from the rest of us. That's not saying black people are holier than white people and vice versa.....think metaphorically.
4. Everbreast? Please. Unreal II? Have you not seen Bloodrayne, or Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny? Or Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball? Or Dead or Alive, period? They're animated girls....I don't lust after them. They're not even real. They serve as no temptation to me. As for a parade of naked women: it's easy to turn away from sin. It is said, and I have said this before, "RESIST THE DEVIL AND HE WILL FLEE." Satan uses all sorts of tactics against us, be it a parade of BMX XXX girls biking by in real life, or BMX XXX videogame. It is ridiculously simple to turn away from it all. All you have to do is do it: just look away. Call on God to give you help. Defeat sin. Do not be claimed by the deadness of the world: be alive.
And also, uh, I think in First Person Shooters, you don't really gaze at a girl's breasts all that often...you're more or less gazing out your helmet to enemies and firing the crap out of them...correct me if I'm wrong...the most I've ever seen of that is Samus Aran (a chick), looking around in First Person Mode and she sticks out her arm cannon....I don't know if that qualifies as making me wanna jump her. I don't think so. I can play a game without lusting. I can play Everquest without wanting to have sex with that chick in blue. I can walk through the mall and see so many hot girls walk by wearing lickable skin-tight clothes, and I don't have to lust. I'm not gay, but I don't have to lust...it's easy. Try it.
5. And there is this point of entertainment: I can play Quake III: Team Arena and go on the Blue Team and blast the crap out of you with a railgun from a distance, or run up to you and saw you to bits, or take (my favorite weapon) the Rocket Launcher and blast you to the abysmal chasms around the level layouts. It is difficult to abstain from all appearances of evil. It is difficult to not look at something or do something you want to do, and shouldn't do. For me, games are optional: I don't have to spread your guts over the nearest wall (which I most assuredly would, that's how good I am at the game). I don't have to watch those slumber party sleepover turned lesbian sexfest movies, or Michael Myers in action with a knife, or Chris Rock make dirty jokes, or South Park make fun of God and curse and be nasty like they are. I can abstain from it. I just don't (well, not for all of them, like South Park and Quake III)
I don't think Quake III will save my life from hell, but I think it really is FUN! I don't think South Park will save me from hell, but it sure is hilarious. I don't think I'm going to spread God's love by plastering your skull on a digital stick in a videogame, either, but you know: it's fun. It's not what we're called to do, it may even be a sin for some: playing Quake III might be disobedient to your parents, or cause conflict in your soul about it, or you might be a filthy, ungodly mouth on it. ANYTHING could be sin. Watching Winnie the Pooh could be sinful. It doesn't have to be, but it can be.
6. And for your final point, this proves a 6:0 win in my favor. I'm sorry Damar, but evil doesn't last under the scrutiny of the Word of God, and neither does twisting the Word of God. Try again next time with better stuff. I guess this whole thing I was expecting was a major disappointment after all.
Yes I have thought thoughts to that tune. "I kick major arse", or stuff like that. Is it sinful? Yes. Is it right? No. Would God encourage me to think like that? No. Is it prideful? Yes. Is being prideful a sin? Yes. Is thinking thoughts like that edifying to God and to the soul? No.
However, God had to put up with all our sins, and they far exceed thinking you're hot stuff. WAY beyond that. God died for everything at his point, everything then, everything before, and everything after. So my thought, my prideful, badmouth thought, he died for, and for so many others.
RIFFRAFF, as I've explained before, didn't follow him. Here are a few who followed him: fishermen, tax collectors (rich people), doctors, and Pharisees (the religious leaders), just to name a couple types.
And, uh, by the way, JESUS hung out with SINNERS and RIFFRAFF. He was friends with the TAX COLLECTORS AND THE SINNERS. That's what the Jews called anyone they looked down. He hung out with Gentiles. He talked with adulteresses, more than one, and he healed the sick, the possessed, the dead, even.
God did not strike Judas Iscariot dead for betraying him to the Pharisees, who promptly took him to the judgement, and the judgement promptly got him to Pilate, who promptly put him before the Jews, and then he was crucified. Judas Iscariot committed suicide. And he was one of the Twelve Disciples of Jesus Christ. Hmm.
As for cheer squad off to the side, THEY were the ones that ran off when he most needed him. They were the ones who fell asleep when he asked for them to stay awake and pray. They were the ones that denied him thrice that they were even associated with him. They were the ones that couldn't believe he would be resurrected. They were the ones that wouldn't believe he lived until he showed himself to them. They bickered over who would sit on his right hand in Heaven. They doubted that a miracle could occur on the seas. They lacked the faith to cease the storm. They shunned the children from Jesus.
What a pep squad! I definitely want those guys to back me up when I go into battle.
Jesus would not kill you for stealing from him, or order you to repent and follow him. No. 30 pieces of silver for his death....did he stop Judas? No. He knew it would be Judas who betrayed him to the hands of man. Did he stop it? No. I can imagine Jesus Christ playing Capture the Flag with me on a Multiplayer mode of Quake III. I can see me and him playing that. Why not? BEcause of some blood? God would not incinerate you for playing a violent game. Regardless of that OBVIOUS fact, he also is everywhere. Right now. He's right around me, watching me type this, and hearing me listen to Puddle of Mudd's She Hates Me, which I am changing right now, and he is right beside you Damar, wherever you are, be it at your bed, at your computer, outside, or elsewhere. He's with every person in the world. He's even in the places no one lives in. What can I hide from God? It is said that all deeds committed in darkness shall be exposed in the light, and the light is God.
What can I hide from him? Not even my heart is hidden. Not even my deepest, evilest secrets are. Why try? He is God. If he couldn't be everywhere at once, well, I would not accept that. God's supposed to be almighty right? Why should he be confined to Olympus? Why must he move about as a bulll to steal Europa, as Zeus, or send Hermes out as the messenger boy? No. God does it all on his own.
So, my friend, it looks like you can be the one to be laugehd at. 6:0. Flat win. One more win and I would have skunked you at ping-pong. I recommend more serious, more thought-provoking entertainment next time.
Have fun responding!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ultima Avatar @ Feb. 12 2003,3:51)]Could it be that he is finally accepting what seemed impossible for him to reach: inciteful thought? Oh wait, I just read his last post....scratch that.
Come now children, lets not start calling each other names.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1 John 2
15   Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

So kids, you like your games? When was the last time God was mentioned in them (apart from the everpresent HOLY SH##!!)? The games are hardly "of God". So they must be of the world. Hmm. Your chances to get on the Heaven Train suddenly look bleak...

A lot of things are hardly "of God".  My car is hardly "of God".  My computer is hardly "of God".  This pathetic attempt at taking a shot at our faith only demonstrates your ignorance.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]2 Peter 3
14   Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

If I am understanding this gibberish correctly, this commands you to be uncontaminated by the world's influence. Are you, now?

Who says video games are pulling me away from God?  Are you one of those idiots in the media who thinks late night games of Counterstrike are training me to be a gunslinger, with insane blood lust, praying for war?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1 Peter 1
15   But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

KABLOOIE! Love this BFG9000, because I just blew you to holy hell with it. But really, no. Even if shooting Nazies in Wolfenstein is righteous, it's not exactly holy. I'm not even going to touch multiplayer FPSs...

I guess you are one of those media iditos. Your inability to differentiate between video games at reality is characteristic of a media guru playing the blame game, and is also pretty sad.  Thanks, I had fun laughing at this one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1 Peter 2
11   Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

Excuse me? How about the rack on the newest Unreal girl? Or the glistening boobs of Everbreast? Or those lickable, skin-tight outfits (mmm, lickable skin-tight outfits) on Freedom Force's superheroines? Or the House of Earthly Delights in Suran, Vvardenfell? Oy, oy.

If computer animated chicks are getting you "all horned up" then you've got some serious social issues and some very low standards, not to mention you're a sick freak who needs to be locked up in the nearest asylum.  Maybe you should get out more.  Bonus points for "Everbreast" though, I found that play on the name of a popular computer game to be rather amusing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1 Thessalonians 5
22   Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Where to begin? PvP games, you appear to kill people. Single-player games, you appear to kill people and monsters. Any game with an attractive female character, you appear to have unclean thoughts and appear to lust. Tisk, tisk. No heaven cookie for you.

This is getting more sad as I read along.  You're not only one of those idiots in the media that thinks playing Allied Assault has turned me into a Second World War veteran, but you actually think I think "nasty" thoughts while looking at an animated Lara Croft.  OOOOOOOOOOOOH BABY!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]2 Corinthians 10
5   Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Say, if Jesus walked in in the middle of your Unreal 2003 session and looked over your shoulder, would he think that you're concentrating hard on obeying him? Or would he, in his best tradition, just incinerate you on the spot instead?

I don't know if I'd want to play Jesus in a round of Unreal 2003.  He'd beat me like a bad peice of meat!  I'd get a lesson in virtual pain!  But, we'd both get a good laugh after, being the mature individuals that we are.  Furthermore both of us would be able to differentiate between virtual reality, and reality, a characteristic that I am currently questioning in regards to yourself after that post.  

Sorry man, this post went beyond logic, and I'm surprised you composed it without noticing the embarrassment you would inevitably inflict upon yourself.  Your credibility is dropping faster than the economy, I suggest that you quit with the shreds of it that remain in your possession.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tom Kazansky @ Feb. 12 2003,8:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1 Peter 2
11   Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

If computer animated chicks are getting you "all horned up" then you've got some serious social issues and some very low standards, not to mention you're a sick freak who needs to be locked up in the nearest asylum.  Maybe you should get out more.  Bonus points for "Everbreast" though, I found that play on the name of a popular computer game to be rather amusing.
There is one reason they make the characters look like that, and its the same reason pr0n is a billion dollar industry. The world we live in has lost most of its morality. But we dont exactly have control over what these stupid developers make when theyre at their computers designing skins and models while watching pr0n all day. Doesnt have anything to do with social problems, just the fact that these idiots consider "Getting some" one of the most important things in life.

I like your sig, Shark. That movie was one of the funniest I've ever seen.
Ehhhhh, I find some holes in your logic, Shark. The thing is this: sex sells. Believe it or not. But I don't play Medal of Honor to get all excited when I see a Nazi. One, that's just plain stupid, and two, that's just plain gay, and three, that's a spellout for "I need help."
Just because we have a chick who's outfitted in tight gear does not mean that's she's going to be the zero-in of the whole game, and guys will flock to the shelves for it. Maybe the designers just thought she looked cool in her suit, or maybe they wanted the guys to take a second glance at the game's main character.
I really don't think Shigeru Miyamato sits at home, watching porn. And that dude's the president of Nintendo. And I really don't think Hironobu Sakaguchi did the same for his outfit ideas of the new Yuna in FFX-2.
Now, in all the games I've played, getting some has never been the mission. Killing people, or stealing something, or completing a failed deal, or escaping, HAS.
I notice in your posts, Shark, that you tend to point and rave against the sinful world, with really no base for your arguments. I dunno, but it just strikes me like that.

Now, I can easily write a 1000 word post describing how your post is completely wrong, but if you cant just look at the way things are and know that there is mass perversion in gaming and the world, your ignoring it. Its not in absolutely everything, but it is in alot. It may not be the main goal of games, but if it wasnt important then why are all these characters running around in g-strings with completely unrealistic bodies? Plus, Leisure suit larry, BMX XXX, DOA: Beach Volleyball, there are popular commercial games made only for perversion. The End

DOA: Beach Volleyball isn't PEVERTED, peversion is using something contrary to the purpose for which it was intended. So first of all you have to pevert SOMETHING. If you mean it peverts the console or games themselves - well, the XBox is an electronic device designed to entertain, so it doesn't. Do you mean it peverts the user - well, it is specifically age rated according to the direction of the law courts, so it has been ruled that it DOESN'T pevert those above a certain age. If you're talking about legal users, then I'm sorry, but there's nothing in DOA:BV that you wouldn't see in a healthy non-sexual romantic relationship (or a day on a sunny beach) - it's just scantily clad women. There is no sex, virtual, real or simulated in the whole game.

THE END

Three games.....with some understandable perversions. We're talking about immature kids making BMX XXX, and some people who might make the Dead or Alive girls get into a game for their selves, be it in bikinis or not. They were already designed just so male gamers would take a few more looks, and play the game. But, last I checked, Dead or Alive wasn't about ogling the chicks. It was about beating the crap out of your foe.
I never played Leisure Suit Larry. Heard its title, but never heard of what its content was, or what it was about, or even how old it was.
That being said, I, umm, haven't seen any characters running around in g-strings...some perhaps, but that for sure is not the focus of the game....Yunalesca in FFX was kinda like that, but she quickly transformed into this hideous demon...that girl from TimeSplitters 2 had a character who was dressed in some revealing bottoms, but that's it....as I stated before: FPS games are for looking out your face, not at your body. You're looking for the head of the other guy, so you can shoot it off or put a hole through it.
And, if you would like to know something, I've seen some unrealistic bodies in my time...and that was in reality. Why are they running around? Because of videogames? May I scoff? Ha ha ha! People don't play videogames to get fashion designs. They play them to be entertained. If that includes a few gallons of blood in a massive Rocketfest in QIII, then so be it. If that includes some tight outfits, then so be it. That is the designer's choice. And when I played Jak & Daxter, Crash Bandicoot, Final Fantasy, Half-Life, Quake, Quake II, Unreal, Age of Empires, StarCraft and others: I saw no nudity, no tight outfits, no sex: just violence.
Now if I played BMX XXX or DOAXV, then yeah, I would be playing it just for the virtual girls. Not much else to the game but to play an interesting game of volleyball, or to listen to dirty talk, see revolting images, and live vid clips of strippers...not my idea of a great game.
Orrrrrrr, I could go out in real life and see it all and worse...which medium would you rather it come to you? A game, or reality?
Personally, I'd pick neither, but you must admit this: games are not for perversion: they are for entertainment.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ultima Avatar @ Feb. 14 2003,4:20)]you must admit this: games are not for perversion: they are for entertainment.
Pr0n is considered entertainment. Anyone who says its not perverted because its "entertainment", is about as right as saying "Serial killing isnt sadistic, its entertaining!"

Understandably, Eon, something must be perverted in order to be a perversion. Well, if you want to take something into a rather abnormal light....naked people on bikes is a tad bit of a perversion: most people wear clothes on bikes, and don't make stupid jokes, or do insane tricks on bikes in order to get into a joint.
Girls playing volleyball is not a perversion: though there are some sickoes who get a kick out of watching girls made out of squares play volleyball.
Shark, games are not, as you say, pR0n. No clue why you spell it that way, but they're not. Games today do not revolve around the pornography industry. Because one character in Unreal II may have a semi-revealing outfit does not mean the game is all about her suit: the game is about a freaking ex-Marine turned Marshal for a certain area where some severe turmoil erupts! Last I checked, that involves awesome guns, extremely cool graphics, flamethrowers, grenades, aliens, and bad humans.
And here is something I want you to know: videogames are NOT REALITY. They're not. Pardon the pun, they are unreal. If I play a videogame for the kicks of seeing poorly pixelized half-naked girls on BMXes, or better pixelized girls playing volleyball, and I go out and expect to see that in reality, well, I have a wake-up call due. If I play a game to blast the heck out of some aliens with an MP-5, or to smear some Nazis' guts over the walls with a grenade, and go out and try that in real life, well...I have a wake-up call due.
Videogames are meant for fun. If that involves tons of gore, then so be it. If that involves playing a motorcycle game, then so be it. If that involves letting Mario jump on Koopas' heads, then so be it. It's all for fun. Not to make you contemplate the cosmos, or to explain the existence of God: they're for fun.

"Perverted"

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

Here, for example, you're committing a serious error in judgement called "unreasonable extension of criteria". It works this way.

Hardcore Pedophilia Pornography is perverted.
Therefore...
All Hardcore Pornography is perverted.
Therefore...
All Pornography is perverted.
Therefore...
Anything with titilation is perverted.
Therefore...
Anything that titilates unconsciously is perverted.
Therefore...
Attractive women are perverted.

See how we extended your criteria and got from a statement that everybody (even a lot of pedophiles) would agree with to a statement that almost nobody short of Jack the Ripper would agree with.

I'm not saying your insane, I'm just saying your drawing your line in an odd place - either you're using the word perverted where it's not intended to be used, or you have some fairly odd ideas about what is and isn't perverted.

And remember folks, BMX XXX isn't JUST lame because of the attempt to cause controversy with lame nudity not connected to the gameplay at all. It was lame LONG before then.
smile.gif

Eon

If it comes to that, Ultima, you were dissing my example of distended argument earlier, but didn't offer the discussion you promised... :p

Eon

Back