Central Transfer Chamber - the NEW off-topic thread

You know you've played too much Guild Wars when you find Guild Wars armor in Second Life and consider spending real world money to buy it for your avatar!

Hydromancer Armor

I don't understand the considering you're Doing
So as not to derail our wonderful thread...

The currency in Second Life works differently than it does in Guild Wars. You spend "Linden Dollars." You can earn Linden Dollars by having a job in SL (like designing clothes or items, or "manning" a store, or working as a model) or winning it in a game or contest. However, it's difficult to earn enough if you like nicer items or want to rent property. So you can buy L$ with real money. Unlike GW, it's not illegal. In fact, you can buy it directly through the Second Life website. And if you own virtual real estate, you HAVE to pay with real money!

The current exchange rate is about L$2,600 for US$10.

I haven't actually bought it, but I would love to! :)

Last edited:
*Ignores Second Life conversation and changes topic completely:*

*Dies*
Cause of death: fatal implosion under pressure of things to do in one week combined with things to do for the future.

Raisu Palace. Hard Mode. PUG. 17:15 completion time. o_O

That's right. 17 minutes in HM with a PUG. I'm still trying to catch my breath...

Amicus Dei of [FoG];347161 said:
When I went to visit Colorado School of Mines, we flew in while it was hot and dry, and maybe 4 or 5 hours later it started snowing a few inches.
In Colorado, I've experienced rain, snow, hail and warm, sunny weather all in the same day.

Back