Central Transfer Chamber - the NEW off-topic thread

Well I can just say that Rice University has made... Unusual decisions.

Somebody whose dad does all his science and rarely some math homework for him, who asks everyone for money constantly (even though he is the son of two excessively rich doctors), doesn't bathe daily, only wishes to be a doctor so his mom will pay his way through college for him, and has only 1 true friend (his friend also has only 1 true friend...).

Oh the irony.

Btw this guy is #1 in our class of 800, I'm #52.

How has this thread fallen to page 2? Nooo! *casts vengeance on it*

On a slightly random note, a while back i played with an alliance member from Scotland, anyone know who I'm talking about?

The Atlanta, GA forecast for today (Monday):
SUNSHINE AND UNSEASONABLY COLD, ABOVE FREEZING AFTER 11 AM HIGH 40-43 LOWS 18-23

The Atlanta, GA forecast for Friday:
PARTLY CLOUDY AND UNSEASONABLY WARM HIGH 70-73 LOW 53

I just had to post that somewhere! Only in Georgia!

Paul

SPAM is good for you, it is a health snack.

"Good for you" = "Will kill you less quickly than rendering glassfuls of liquid lard from the carcasses of random animals you picked up off the road and chugging them?"

Last edited:
Twitter spelled the end of this thread, ya know.

And my backwards persistence in not using Twitter may ensure it will keep getting posts...at least once in a while...

The Atlanta, GA forecast for today (Monday):
SUNSHINE AND UNSEASONABLY COLD, ABOVE FREEZING AFTER 11 AM HIGH 40-43 LOWS 18-23

The Atlanta, GA forecast for Friday:
PARTLY CLOUDY AND UNSEASONABLY WARM HIGH 70-73 LOW 53

I just had to post that somewhere! Only in Georgia!

Paul
Well, now it's only expected to get to 69° on Friday. It's not expected to top 70° until Saturday.

Tragic, isn't it?

It was in the 60s today, but very windy. Still, I took the opportunity to finish breaking in my AR-15.

So, today we have some friends of the boss helping out at the office. One woman noticed my leg warmers and complimented me, saying, "I haven't seen those since the eighties…but of course, you weren't born then."

Except that I was born in 1973. I don't really think I look that much younger, but people keep saying stuff like that! LOL

Last edited:
I've been debating Twitter, not sure I really need something else right now, though.

Although, since Myspace is all but dead, and Facebook has gone all "tag your friends in notes and picture things," I might give it a whirl....

still undecided on that one.

I refuse to use twitter. How'd you Atlantians (not from atlantis...atlanta) like the numbing cold that we in Ohio are accustomed to?

I refuse to use twitter. How'd you Atlantians (not from atlantis...atlanta) like the numbing cold that we in Ohio are accustomed to?
It's Atlantans, I think.

Our weather has been whacked out. It was 80° on the tenth, then dropped below 50° on the twelfth. Craziness...

Back