• Friday

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really lokking forward to CoD4......but for PC not xbox.

BUT!
If PC and xbox players can join the same servers....rock on!

Last edited:
I'll be up for it. I beat the game solo on normal and am playing through solo on Heroic now. I've also got all skulls and terminals if anyone needs help with them.

I'd love to go through on Legendary. I've done a couple levels on Legendary with friends and it would be very tough to make it alone. I definitely need a group to get the legendary achievements. :)

Planning on buying it to keep me busy while my wife goes home to Japan for a few weeks. I'll need some peeps to help keep me preoccupied so get those pre-ordered and your XboX's warmed up!

i have it preordered. i only hope more toj people get together and share gamertags for it than they did for halo 3. i'm still left playing with either total strangers or obnoxious drunks about 75% of the time. maybe this will be different.

Is there anyone who would like to knock out a chunk of the legendary campaign this Saturday (October 27). I was thinking about trying to play through a bunch Saturday afternoon! I will be on around 12 noon central time. I will be sending out invites to anyone who wants to get into a 4 person legendary coop. Respond or send me a message via live if you feel up for the fun!

BigDemarest

Hey BigDemarest, I had a good time with ya on the first mission, I need to get back again with coop. I got more time to play in the afternoon as long as school and work are doing alright. I'll try to join ya again.

Guitar Hero III

Anyone else have it? =)

I own it... I think it's interesting. It feels different, doesn't seem as polished, presentation-wise as Guitar Hero II, but it's still fun. :)

What do you guys think?

I got it for the Wii and LOVE it! It's my first GH game so it is really tough for me. The easy mode was easy enough but medium is kicking my butt. My pinky-finger is so gimped and weak. Anyone got a good idea for strength-exercises for my pinky??

I, too, got the Wii version, and it's my first GH game as well. I blew through career mode on easy, 5 starring almost all the songs on my first try, but am starting medium now. I think I 5 starred two or three of the first set, but got 4 stars on the others. I'm gonna take this a lot slower from here on, because I'd really rather not pick up bad habits that I'll have to unlearn later.

Which reminds me, do any GH veterans have recommendations for things to start learning now so that once I'm on hard/expert, I'm that much ahead of the curve (or things not to do)? I'm trying to practice my hammer ons/pull offs now, so that when I really need to use them I have some clue what I'm doing. I'm also looking ahead to that orange button, and trying to figure out what the best way to deal with that is going to be.

Any suggestions?

I would definitely say that GH has a target audiance. If you don't like mainstream Classic Rock, Metal, Punk, and Alternative then I have a hard time seeing you enjoy this game. If you don't have any music theory knowledge I also have a hard time seeing you enjoy it.

However, if you have both of the above, this game is totally amazing. I never had as much fun playing a game as I did this weekend. I was standing in-front of my widescreen TV for hours and hours. I woke up with sore wrists/back/and eyes from the most addicting session of gaming in a long time.

The soundtrack sounds excellent, especially with so many master tracks. I heard that some bands even went into the studio just for this game.

The WII guitar just feels great. I replaced the included strap with one from my own guitar and am planning out where to place my stickers. The way the wii-mote fits in the base is pretty sweet and adds some neat functionality the other versions don't have. The online play was nice to see, even if everyone I played against totally kicked my butt.

As a first timer to the series I now see why it is so addicting. Each song really gets you into it. You almost have to move around, tapping your feet, bobbing your head and singing along if you want to get the long note streaks.

Being able to shop for new clothes/guitars/finishes was fun and the graphics are fine. But its the soundtrack + game-play that makes it what it is. Everything else is just peripheral. Anyways, I give it a solid 9/10 and am dying here at work waiting to run home and play a couple more songs.

Last edited:
Baddwin...I talked to my friend who has every edition of GH on the PS2. He says to keep practicing the Hammer-on/offs. He says to also practice alternate picking.(both up and down) Finally he says that I need to have 2 hand positions. One with index on Green and one with index on Red. I need to be able to switch between them on the fly.

OK, kinda matches what I've heard. For whatever reason, strumming 'up' feels more natural for me - like I was playing bass. As I was starting on medium yesterday, it struck me that if I just keep my index finger on the strum bar rather than right below it, I can use that position to strum both up and down, and can do it a lot faster than if I were strumming across the strum bar. I tried it, and it feels different, so threw off my timing a bit, but I think I'm going to use that as my default from now on.

I was wondering about the alternate hand positions. I was thinking that another option would be to always have my index finger on red, and then just stretch to reach green when I need to (or my first two fingers for green-red chords) - the thought being that as my pinky finger is gimp, I'd probably be better off using my index finger to do double-duty.

I'd second your comments about music knowledge. I never played guitar, but did play saxophone in junior high and high school. It makes a big difference. When I was trying to watch the notes to time them, I wasn't doing so well. When I listened to the beat to time them, I do much better. Obviously, you still need to watch carefully, but it's more to distinguish a run of quarter notes from dotted quarter/eighth notes or triplets, as several of the songs, even on easy, can get a little tricky that way.

But I'd agree, it's tons of fun. I'm having to fight my 11 year old son for the controller - fortunately, I'm still bigger. =) And my wife was ROFLing at me, watching me do the 'old white guy rocking out' thing, but I didn't care - I was having too much fun. :D

No.

I tried it on easy when I unlocked it and had to untie my fingers at the end.

Of course, that guy was bald and clean shaven when he started practicing that song. Maybe when I look like that, I'll be able to do it, too. Of course, I'll be calling my guitar 'Wilson', but sometimes we just have to make sacrifices...

Last edited:
Wii invasion!

I plan to rent this when I visit Springfield next. I would use a free rental at Hollywood Video to rent it, but Hollywood doesn't carry games that require special controllers (b00!).

I wish I could afford the $100 USD for the game, but I can't justify the expense right now--especially when Mario Kart Wii is coming out next spring.

But, back on topic, GH3 looks great from what I've seen online. I'll try to remember to post a mini-review after I rent it.

<looks on stunned and amazed at the two computer geek wanna be rock stars>

<walks off humming "White and Nerdy">

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back