• Friday

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question about live...is there still a monthly fee...or do I have to pay for it...if so then is there a way to get the upadtes for the 360 for free without live?
If not I probably won't be getting a 360...

You have to pay for it. And no, to my knowledge there is not a way to get the updates without having Live. But the service is totally worth it. With Live Anywhere on the horizon connecting your gamer profile between your PC, Xbox 360 and your cell phone... Microsoft is still innovating!

[toj.cc]phantom said:
Quick question about live...is there still a monthly fee...or do I have to pay for it...if so then is there a way to get the upadtes for the 360 for free without live?
If not I probably won't be getting a 360...

I take that back. Xbox updates should come with the FREE Silver Level membership to Live. :)

There are two levels of Xbox Live service over the Xbox 360:

Silver. Free to every Xbox 360 owner. You can keep friends lists, send messages, and use the Marketplace
Gold. $50 (I think) for one year of service, either with a credit card or a prepaid card you can purchase in-store. Includes all features of Xbox Live (multiplayer gaming, etc.)

A full rundown of features is on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_Live#Xbox_Live_on_the_Xbox_360

As for the Xbox 360 update -- I'm pretty sure you only need a Silver (free) account to download it.

You can play games with Silver, just not multiplayer.

But seriously -- Gold is totally worth it. It costs as much as a new game --you have to try it to believe it.

SirThom said:
You can play games with Silver, just not multiplayer.

But seriously -- Gold is totally worth it. It costs as much as a new game --you have to try it to believe it.

So do I pay once, or monthly for Gold? If its monthly, then don't try to persuade me any further please...;)

You can pay for Gold in one of the following ways:

1. Pre-paid card. I believe these are given out in $20 (3-month) and $50 (12-month) denominations.
2. Monthly. Billed @ $6.99/month.
3. Yearly. Billed @ $49.99/year.

I think some games even come with free trials of Gold.

*cough* Got rid of Table Tennis today. *cough*

Fun game, but very challenging. It would have taken far too many hours to get really good. Besides, the trade-in credit went toward my new DS Lite. Now the wife and I can have wi-fi battles. SWWEEEETTT!

Once I buy a 360, which should be soon, I'll just stick with the Silver for a while. I'll probably pick up the Gold once I get a job, but I really don't like paying monthly for stuff, no matter what it is.

XBL Arcade

I was already addicted to Hexic HD, which comes pre-loaded on all Xbox 360 consoles. But a few nights ago I downloaded Uno and I cannot stop playing it! XBL is hitting the bigtime and is one of the huge reasons for the 360's strong success. These XBL games are even going to be coming out in retail versions now according to recent reports.

Is anyone else playing Uno? I'd love to show you my TrueSkills. :D

I just go with the yearly payment. I'm not a fan of monthly bills. But I'm ok with it being yearly. And you'll get like a free month of gold when you get your 360, so you'll get to try it and decide from there.

BFME II

Anyone planning on picking the 360 version of this up? IGN's review is rather good. I've played the PC version and am nervous that the console version just won't live up to my expectations, but I'm still considering it.

On a sidenote, where is everyone? I never see anyone on XBL. :(

SirThom: I picked up PGR 3 last night.

Didn't try it. I just swung by and bought it last night on my way home from work, but I was playing Burnout Revenge with a clan of adult, laidback gamers all night long.

I'm gonna go racing in PGR 3 tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back