Alllllll righty, this must stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely not. That will make you seem pathetic.

The best advice has already been given here. Be yourself, and if there isn't any girl that you are good friends with-- one that meshes with your personality and shares your interests-- then that means that the right girl just hasn't come along yet. But she's out there and you will meet her eventually, because the desire to fall in love is one that is placed there by God. So enjoy the fact that all you have to do is wait until you meet her!

Now, obviously that doesn't mean she's going to just fall from the sky one day and possibly cause you a concussion. So get out and make some friends and meet new people. The more people you meet, the more chances you have of finding her.

DarthDapor said:
Wait, so if I want a girl, all I gotta do is walk up and say "I want a girl"?:confused:

i'm confused too... cause that's not what i said at all. it'd be nice if it were as simple as walking up and saying, "will you go out with me," but it never is. at least not in my (limited) experience.

all my experiences with girls have been extremely confusing to me. i never know if they actually liked me, or were just being nice to me, or what. even the one girl i've dated (for about a month) confused me. i don't know if we broke up because she was actually too busy with grad school, or if she doesn't like me anymore, or found someone else, or what. i'd ask, but i'm not sure how to, or if i'd even get a straight answer.

just ask, its alot simpler than most think lol

i was thinking this morning, and i may have part of it figured out. it's that whole "playing hard to get" thing. to me, that sends the signal "not interested." then even 5 minutes later i'm getting exactly the opposite signal. o_O?

if you're interested, then show it! arg!

kraniac said:
then that means that the right girl just hasn't come along yet. But she's out there and you will meet her eventually, because the desire to fall in love is one that is placed there by God. So enjoy the fact that all you have to do is wait until you meet her!
I know I hov the same philosophy. Its just too hard for me to meet people! I mean does anyone here know a guy who con golf, swordfight, has high grades, likes to write, studies computor programming, likes to play video games, and con cook a mean pizza?

wow sounds exactly like me........ so yes there are those around >.> cuz i know many of myselfs.

Baron Squirrel said:
phht. if you girls would just say what you feel, then it would make it easier for all of us. ;)

Sooo...we should act like guys? Guys are guys; girls are girls. Expecting one to be the other is just pointless; you'll spend a lot of time frustrated. (Okay, more time than you will if you just accept that we are different. I've been married ten years in June, and I still don't have guys figured out completely. :D)

Another point: girls have every right to expect a guy to prove himself. Every time a girl gets involved with a guy she's running the "risk" of falling in love with him. So we have to protect our hearts and wait for a guy to prove he is "worthy." (That he is reliable and responsible, mainly.) After all, we're the ones who carry the next generation. We never really think about it, but we have to look out for the kids we will someday (probably) have; our instincts largely support this. Too many girls rush in, and end up falling for totally unsuitable guys.

If considering that scares you, good. It should, the first time you really think about it. :D

DarthDapor said:
I know I hov the same philosophy. Its just too hard for me to meet people! I mean does anyone here know a guy who con golf, swordfight, has high grades, likes to write, studies computor programming, likes to play video games, and con cook a mean pizza?

I con only wish to be oble to program computors and do all that! :p

DarthDapor said:
Anyone else here feel like you've just been insulted?

yes

Myself, I'm a sucker for a good sense of humor...and if you know my husband, you know he has one! (Or at least a sense of humor. He is kinda strange...)

Well, I'm strange and have a decent sense of [weird] humor! :p

Anyway what is a.. "sign" that a girl likes you there's someone on my soccer team who jokingly pokes me and shoves [only] me around and grabbed my arm and stuff

Last edited:
ChickenSoup said:
Anyway what is a.. "sign" that a girl likes you there's someone on my soccer team who jokingly pokes me and shoves [only] me around and grabbed my arm and stuff

It's quite possible she likes you (I used a similar tactic when I was about the same age with a friend I had a crush on).

So you have a coed soccer team? Never seen that! Very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back