Alllllll righty, this must stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm...
...Sooooooooo...
...Well first thing is to make an atractive self the girls will dig, get me? Second, take lessons from a master (just watch a few Elvis movies). Third, girls dig muscle, now drop and gimme 30!

Next thing to remember:

Be very cautious about taking advice from other fourteen-year-old guys...they don't know any more about girls than you do!

I don't think anybody was trying to insult anybody...but based on what you said I wonder three things?

1. why change your self so that a girl will 'dig' you?
2. why do you need to take lessons if you are trying to show her who you really are and not trying to pretend to be something you aren't?
3. do you really think that changing your appearance is going to make a girl like you more or less?

1. He asked I just gave him an answer,
2. This was just implied to give him some inspiration,
3. Yes I do (and I dare you to say otherwise).

well okay, my opinion on a girl liking a guy based solely on outward appearance is this - that sounds like a lack of maturity, wisdom, etc.

If all a girl sees is how you look on the outside, well that sounds like a shallow girl to me.

Myself personally, I don't want a guy to feel like he has to change his appearance for me to like him...I want him to be himself, which includes not making changes to his appearance just to try and please somebody else.

I stand firm in my idea/belief/opinion - Be who you are, don't change, if she likes you - let it be based on the inward qualities you have to offer, let it be based on your character....

oh and one more thing, there is somebody out there for everybody, don't rush things!

Shyfroggy said:
well okay, my opinion on a girl liking a guy based solely on outward appearance is this - that sounds like a lack of maturity, wisdom, etc.

If all a girl sees is how you look on the outside, well that sounds like a shallow girl to me.

Myself personally, I don't want a guy to feel like he has to change his appearance for me to like him...I want him to be himself, which includes not making changes to his appearance just to try and please somebody else.

I stand firm in my idea/belief/opinion - Be who you are, don't change, if she likes you - let it be based on the inward qualities you have to offer, let it be based on your character....

oh and one more thing, there is somebody out there for everybody, don't rush things!
let me ask u then.... what if the guy never bathed and started bathing for the girl?

Well the comment I made was based on darthdapor talking about girls 'dig' muscle...so that is where all that came from....
I would hope that if you are old enough to be wanting/having a girlfriend, if you are old enough to be experiencing 'love' that you are old enough to know to take a shower on a regular basis....but I suppose that was my mistake for assuming that one at that age took a shower on a regular basis.

Shyfroggy said:
Well the comment I made was based on darthdapor talking about girls 'dig' muscle...so that is where all that came from....

I assumed that Darthdapor was joking, and responded in the same vein... :D

As far as interacting with the opposite sex: most people (male and female) are a bit leary, especially at fourteen or fifteen. If you look back at my first post, my advice was to remember that girls are people, too, and interact with them as friends.

There is nothing wrong with taking an interest in things someone else likes. We do it all the time for family and friends. You may discover you like it, too. But if you don't, at least you'll be able to understand that person better and be a better listener. Just don't pretend to like it just to get someone to like you–that's doomed, and just plain dishonest!

I suppose that was my mistake for assuming that one at that age took a shower on a regular basis.

I don't think any of them were implying they don't bathe regularly. But there are guys who just don't get it. I used to assume everyone knew to bathe regularly...until I attended a few gaming marathons. The comic shop owner actually made a "Gamer's Code of Conduct," which specified, among other things, that you must bathe if thou stinketh.

I would hope that any girl who began dating a guy who didn't bathe regularly/practice good personal hygiene would do us all a favor and encourage him to rectify that deficiency!

Shyfroggy said:
I would hope that if you are old enough to be wanting/having a girlfriend, if you are old enough to be experiencing 'love' that you are old enough to know to take a shower on a regular basis....but I suppose that was my mistake for assuming that one at that age took a shower on a regular basis.
actually, since i have open access to the gym at the college im going to start getting muscles for doing lifts in dancing and for carrieing crap cuz i hate struggling to pick up furniture every other month when mom decides to do musical furniture..... but yeah it was bad to assume guys take showers on regular basis, but then again: define regular :p

Atown said:
actually, since i have open access to the gym at the college im going to start getting muscles for doing lifts in dancing and for carrieing crap

DarthDapor said:
Seeeeeeeeeee. I was right!

Well, Atown has good reasons for doing weights. And he already has a (very fun and cool) gf, so obviously girls don't just go for muscles!

Myself, I'm a sucker for a good sense of humor...and if you know my husband, you know he has one! (Or at least a sense of humor. He is kinda strange...)

By the way, DarthDapor, you have certainly helped make this thread fun and interesting!

Awwwww maaaan! I missed out on posting! WWWWAAAAAAHHHHHH! Okay, I'm going to cry! *sniff* It's the pause before the storm...wait for it, the huge flood...wait for it...oh there's a rainbow! Ha! That was it! I'm done! :D
Never mind. So anyway, I seem to remember how Atown and I were talking to this one guy at the college. One day he comes in the student center (BSC) and shows us four labs that he did 20/20...100%, blah blah blah. Very good, very much worth congradulating on and what not. But here is where the funny part comes in. He asks, "Do you think this will get me a girl?"
First of all, accomplishments don't usually get the kind of girl you want. If that was all they were looking at, they're shallowand want your money or something like that.
Second of all, "Get me a girl?!" Come on! We're not puppies to be handed out! Though puppies are real cute....^_^ No, I'm not really offended by that...just teasing.

Point is, if the girl you're hanging out with looks bored whenever you talk about things that get you on a roll, STOP THAT ROLL! It's obvious that both need to give a little to be able to handle at least hanging out as friends, but if you steal the entire conversation, if you could call that a conversation with only one talking the whole time, it's your friendship you had better watch out for. Know why? She'll find other friends and try to avoid any social contact with you. *lol* That would be terrible. So when you're with a girl you like, but are just being friends, watch carefully for reactions on her face. And I learned in Psychology that men are generally more blind to facial expressions and such. So pay REAL CLOSE ATTENTION to not only her face (which might freak her out if for too long), but certain movements she may be doing. If she was really interested like you, she'd probably be a gamer...and that might be the most suitable for you because she would be able to not just listen, but understand what you're saying and be able to talk back.
I was an exception. I was ready to go on games, but I didn't as much as I had used to. Not to mention I didn't know of all the awesome games out there. So I didn't know all the lingo, and I still have much more to learn, but difference with me is, I was totally intersted and wanted to learn about all Atown was talking about! Even so, HE can go off into the land of unknown on me and then I don't know what he is saying. *ROFL* Okay, gotta go! You can say, "PHEW!" when I'm gone! ^_^

*Starfire*

Baron Squirrel said:
phht. if you girls would just say what you feel, then it would make it easier for all of us. ;)
lol no kiddin

Baron Squirrel said:
phht. if you girls would just say what you feel, then it would make it easier for all of us. ;)
Wait, so if I want a girl, all I gotta do is walk up and say "I want a girl"?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back