8800 GT's are out

Exactly, yeah i am such a nVEDIA and Intel fan boy:D

1. its Nvidia, 2. thats only because crysis and most of the UT games have the same sponsor (intel and nvidia). im more of a fan boy for the under dog that provides me high power at a lower cost and has a cooler name imo - AMD but yeah thats just me

1. its Nvidia, 2. thats only because crysis and most of the UT games have the same sponsor (intel and nvidia). im more of a fan boy for the under dog that provides me high power at a lower cost and has a cooler name imo - AMD but yeah thats just me

AMD and ATI sounds so boring. Intel and nVIDIA have a more Catchy name.

I just use nvidia because their drivers dont suck, it seems that AMD is turning all that around so I may end up switching sides eventually.

AMD and ATI sounds so boring. Intel and nVIDIA have a more Catchy name.

AMD and ATI are joint companies. I would of thought Intel and Nvidia would do the same... :confused:

I like AMD too, especially with the info it shown me on readme file of Crysis demo.

After all, in the beginning, AMD was primarily for gaming.

Windows XP
CPU: Intel P4 2.8 GHz / AMD Athlon 2800+ / Intel Core 2.0 GHz
or higher

Windows Vista
CPU: Intel P4 3.2 GHz / AMD Athlon 3200+ / Intel Core 2.2 GHz
or higher

Athlon 2800+ is 2.0 GHz and 3200+ is 2.2 GHz :cool:

Last edited:
Yes AMD's athlon 64 X2 is a very nice CPU, and i know my brother has one with a 8800 GTX *Drools* and they are cheaper, but the reason i am getting a LGA 775 socket mobo is so that i can upgrade to a Penryn quad in the distant future. if i got a AMD2 socket i could not upgrade to anything in the future...see my point?

Here's some irony for you. I stopped buying Intel several years ago and only bought AMD.....until I got my Mac Mini and then Macbook. lol

technically i bought intel when i bought my mac

Well well well, guess what? i just found out that the AMD2 socket mobos wil support the Phenoms? if so i will get a AMD 64 Athlon X2 and a AMD2 mobo then up to a Phenom when they are out.

no, not really. its the truth. overall AMD has done an amazing job with their company. i think they whine a little too much with intel, but if their able to prove a court that intel was trying to monopolize, it means there prolly was something there that wasnt right. Ive always used AMD for my main rigs (cept my mac because i didt have a choice), my laptop is a turion64 and my main is socket 939 dual core, and i love them. my linux server was a cheap 64bit-cele 2.4ghz and it works for what i needed (a reliable somewhat decent linux test server project thingy)

I just hate intel for producing the worst processor ever: the power hogging, processing inefficient, heat spouting p4. Seriously if you want to get a space heater grab a p4 box and stick it where the house is cold.

yes but you have to admit the prescott core was the best one made since it could be overclocked to 5ghz which is something no other has replicated from a SINGLE core

yes but you have to admit the prescott core was the best one made since it could be overclocked to 5ghz which is something no other has replicated from a SINGLE core

well it's pretty much nil since a core 2 can easily reach near 4Ghz with water cooling and trash the p4 even on phased or nitro cooling.

Back