Why can't you break your rules?

ultima. we all slip. and thats to be expected. i swore when my push lawn mover hit this wood thing in the yard. now did i feel bad for a while since it was like the first time in 3 years since i swore?? yep. now we all slip thats a fact of life. should we make a habit of it?? heck no. if we make a habit of it then, we are letting our tongues control us
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Seriously, I think cursing is okay to a degree, and that degree being extremely minute.

Do you think that Homosexuality is ok to a degree? Or any other sin for that matter. In Gods eyes, all sins are equal, they all offensive to Him. They all seperate us from Him.

I get what your saying, and while we all slip on things in our lives, that doesn't make it ok.

Cory

Yeah don't look at all your sins as aww its just as bad as cursing etc...look at your sins as wow thats just as bad as killing someone. Thats how I look at all my sins.

I swear (to myself), Ultima should of started this topic, arguments going back and forth.
rock.gif
btw, not a good back and forth talking guy, your doing good, Ultima. No Offense.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]By the way, Autism is a condition some people are born with.  But basically, if you don't know what it is, most likly you don't have it.  It would have been noticed at an early age.

I was wrong, sort-of, some of the autism characteristics are related to what I have:

Repeating words or phrases in place of normal, responsive language

can't think of a good example but I do repeat strange words...

Laughing, crying, showing distress for reasons not apparent to others

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]dont want to forgive, want to KILL KILL the bad guy that has made u mad! mad! mad! yeah yeah!
coo coo for cocaa puffs......go inspector gagjet go.....miiiiiighttttt morrrrppphhhing ppppooowwweerrr rrrraaannngggeerrsss, du du du du......

May not want to cuddle or be cuddled

If anyone hungs me...no freaking way!

No real fears of danger

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]btw, ultima, kidan, who ever, if u'd like to kill me, i wouldnt mind, ill just email my home address, you get a gun, and shoot me in the front of my house door, or a backalley, whereever. then my worries would be gone forever.  (not a joke, i swear on my soul)

I am afraid of hurting myself, but not getting killed. Funny true story, about a few months ago, On Saturday, I was waiting at the bus stop for the bus to come, odd thing happen, A BMW car made a sharp right turn while turning right, hit the devider (the middle part spliting left side/right side road), and about 4 feet away of hitting me. If the driver hadn't stopped, I would have been dead there. btw, the windows, of the bus stop, behind and right of me were blocking my 'escape', so I would of died instantly.

And couple odd ones, hearing things/voices, can see everything slow motion, talking to myself, talking to myself 2, etc.

LionofJudah, First one, yes, I remember that, alot ppl said that. Second one, weird but yes, I heard that alot, its not gay, right?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Second Love as God Loves you.

I still find that weird, I love God...but God is a guy? I love a guy, what the hell!?
rock.gif

Third one, whatever man, I'll be dead before you, ha.

So if I kill someone, it's not too bad? I mean, it's like as if I stubbed my toe and let slip the curse of war. Right?

Or are some sins more equal than others?
Okay, lessee here Corpfox. You repeat phrases. Most chicks I know talk continually like a squawkbox. Think, "And I was like, so ohmygod, and then like, ohmygod, but she like, slapped, ohmygod, Britny, and then, like it all happened like, I dunno, so fast, right? Like, yeah." Autistic because of that? Autistic because they don't like close contact? And I know more than a couple people who have these emotional outbursts like they have Turett's but there's nothing particularly the matter to other observers. I do that sometimes, and I'm far from autistic. And most people think themselves invincible at one point or another.
Myself? I don't fear death, but like you I shy away from self-inflicting harm on myself. Harming others, though, that's a different story, maybe.

So, Kidan, it would be like Spaceman Spiff's "Zounds!"?
Which goes first? Social faux pas, or divine no-no?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I was wrong, sort-of, some of the autism characteristics are related to what I have:

Repeating words or phrases in place of normal, responsive language

can't think of a good example but I do repeat strange words...

Laughing, crying, showing distress for reasons not apparent to others

that would be turrets or terrets or somethin like that .

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I still find that weird, I love God...but God is a guy? I love a guy, what the hell!?

hehehe think of it this way: do u love ur father?? would u object from me saying that i love my dad?

To answer your question, Atown.

No, I don't love my dad, and no, I wouldn't object from you saying u love your dad.

Haven't seen my dad for, well since about 1999 in France, Paris. A divorce my parents had, cause my dad couldn't support us (me and my sister) for being a homosexual(gay). Gonna refer that in topic: Gay Marrages.

hey corp, u have to remember there are 4 different types of love. infinite love, brotherly love, friend love and somethin else i cant remember. at this point i love my parents, and i have brotherly love for my bro. now i have friends (girls) who will say "i love u" like daily to me. and since i really dont have a brotherly love for em i just say "love through Christ" wich is a mix of friendship love and Gods love. kidna see what im saying?

Fraternal, Filial, Paternal/Maternal, Romantic, Carnal and Patriotic. Can't think of any other types of love, offhand, but those cover quite a range.

Of course, it'd be easy if all of our relationships could be sorted into just those six boxes, right? Unfortunately you can feel differing amounts of different types of love within a single relationship! And different members of the relationship feel different balances too...

For example, you might find yourself involved with a younger woman at some point. You, yourself, might feel differing amounts of Carnal, Romantic and Paternal love, whilst she might feel Carnal, Romantic, Filial and Maternal love for you. If you ranked Carnal at one end of the spectrum and she ranked it at the other, then things would rapidly come to a destructive pass!

Personally I believe that it's perfectly healthy to feel everything but Carnal love for a member of the same sex. It's even possible to have a relationship with another guy that includes a little Romantic love - this being the element of hero worship such as you might have for a celebrity, War hero, sports idol and so forth. Everything within reason, though.

Eon

Well, I find that if you aren't clear with yourself over your motivations you get into all kinds of hot water... <sigh>

Brotherly love: U(Atown) and Dead_aim for example are christians, sooo, you would be Christian brothers, "Bro's".

I hear that a lot, even when someone calls me "bro", when I'm not their christian brothers.
rock.gif

Infinite Love: would have to be when some ppl were married, and stayed together for a very, very, very long time. "For sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, death to us part..." something like that.

Love: well, i wouldn't know much with girls since i never dated or talked to a 'real' girl for 15 years. So for the younger ppl here, lucky you!
mad.gif

Friend Love: from what u said, Atown, seems like Christian love, if u werent christian, would that matter to your friends?

btw, the friends i hang out with are ppl like me, with a disability or 2, likes comp games/video games, etc. (nerds, geeks, whatever)

For Eon, I have NO idea what the hell you were just saying there. Try to put it in 'easy' terms, if u can.

You haven't talked to a chick in 15 years? How do you live?
Umm. What Eon said is there are six loves, and we all can have a mix of them for different people, and sometimes different loves at once. Basically.

It seems I havent been here for a while. Ultima i have some things inre to your posts.
1. I agree with saying "God Damn ____" Isn't taking the Lord's name in vain. I've always thought it quite odd that people do.
2. However I disagree what you described as taking the Lords name in vain. You said that it was asking God for something that he wouldn't do. That might be one of the accesories, but thats not what I think. Lets say that I'm some kind of religous leader back in OT times. So being the religous leader I am it would look cool if people saw me praying to God. They might be inspired! or better yet they might think I'm a religous guy. I think that in the 10 commandments, taking the Lord's name in vain means using your relationship with God to give yourself personal gain. It might be money, it might be friends, it might be a congregation. But it wouldn't be right with God because that is what i believe was the intent of the law. Furthermore you said that you didn't see the point in not swearing even after Jammer posted that lovely verse in Ephesians. So heres a passage for you that i think is cool
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Taming the Tongue

1Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check.
3When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.
7All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, 8but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.
9With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. 10Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. 11Can both fresh water and salt[1] water flow from the same spring? 12My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.
Sometimes when i go to church to worship, I can't get into it, i feel ashamed. Even though I'm trying to praise God in church, I haven't been living for him day to day. Thats what I thought of when I read verse 10... Not that this really relates.
3. If you are saying God damn (billy) and telling God to send Billy into the firey pits of the evil one, God probably doesnt like it because A. God usually doesn't like it when you judge people because he's the one who does the judging. B. Because really, if you think about it you're really not too much different from billy, in the sense that you both (and me) deserve to be damned.

Ultima, heres my life's story, relates to why i cant get a girl anyhow.

btw, those days, the people that were 'nerds & geeks' were the sad ones cause of the freaking bullies and teasers.

4th grade: like a girl, she tease me, her friends teased me, bullied, etc etc

5th grade: another girl tease me, her friends teased me, bullied, etc etc.

6th grade: same girl from 5th grade, tease me again, her friends, bullied, etc etc

7th grade: like a girl, my friend took her, got jealous, oh well.

8th grade: like a girl, asked her address, stupid line for stupid me, she got mad, never talked.

9th grade: no girls cause i was in disabled class...errr

10th grade: same with 9th.

11th grade: freaking category ppl, Blondes one side, Jocks other side, nerds, gerks, asians, what the hell, so I had no category.

12th grade: same with 11th grade.

Now: heh. very stupid life.

Also, from 4th - 10th grade, was bullied by guys too, darn beacheads, wanted to kill them too.

So, I'm a loner, duh.

So high school sucked...
are you in college? Or are you just drifting through life? Got a job? Got some place?
Come on, man, how about the singles bar, geez. A freaking party. I don't care. There's got to be some chick around you that you can hook up with.
Get into activity. Debate. Debate's awesome for meeting people. Wait. Maybe they have it in college. In high school I refer to.
Yeah, man, I hear you, because I'm surrounded by idiots as well, and wastes of time. Myself I'm of the idea that celibate for life and saying "I'm off to trap fur in British Columbia for the rest of my cold and lonely life" are good things.
Maybe not the first, but definitely the last. Being a loner does not make you a loser dude.

Back