The "Whats up with progression and raids" thread... (non flame)

it would be nice if we knew who was interested in doing 25 mans on a consistent basis. I know we canceled the last last two raiding sessions because of lack of people which is a bummer. As fun as raiding is the most annoying thing about it is that some people have taken time out of their schedules, cleared it ahead of time with their family and setup a time to raid with guild.

It would be nice to have a heads up so we can all adjust our schedules ahead of time and know not to bother to login because there will not be 25 people.

I know the raid website was used for this. I would suggest that if there isn't 25 people on there then we don't go? instead of WL ADD, use the raid info site? that way we can see, "yep, not enough people, i'm going fishing."

An alternate idea is to have people post in a sticky if they are going to show up on Monday and Friday and have someone in charge of compiling this list. It is up to each person to notify in advance if they are leaving (missing a day or going on break for a month or whatever) and to do so 6 hrs before raid time at the latest. If they failed to notify or no showed, then they couldn't raid, Kara or otherwise, for a week. Too many rules? Too tough love? Thoughts?

Last edited:
I liked using the raid signup site for that reason too Lloren, easy to see how it was shaping up ahead of time, but half the time the majority of the list was in que because it was set up so the raid leader had to approve everyone, I liked it better in MC days when everyone got approved and raid leaders could move around people if needed. The problem I have noticed with this guild is that the majority of people dont read the forums or sign up on the website though so it is hard to judge who is really gonna be there and that is a big issue.

The problem I have noticed with this guild is that the majority of people dont read the forums or sign up on the website though so it is hard to judge who is really gonna be there and that is a big issue.

I have never been in a guild or heard of one where that statement wasn't true. Ever concider group calendar for those that want to raid? Its a calendar type mod that you can set up raids with. My old guild used it and it works fine as long as a patch doesn't come along and glitch it...lol. (only happened twice)

Oh and I forgot to mention... You can sign up to attend the raids posted. Not exactly sure on how to set it up and stuff but I can get more info if you are interested.

Last edited:
There will be a new calendar in game when WotLK comes out, but that is a while. I will just keep getting on at 615 or so on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I sit and scan the AH while I wait to see if there will be a raid or not.

Anyone in leadership have any thoughts on the above posts (above the birdy stuff)?

It's been pretty quiet around here.

What are you looking for?

Figure out a way to know if we are having a raiding night before 7:00pm so we may make other plans in advance. It would require some commitment on the part of people who want to raid. Is that too big a task?

I guess also, if the last 4 weeks have been for "refreshing" the basics, how has it gone?

Where are the "raiders"? What does it take to maintain / attain raider status?

Can I become a raider and then skip raids if it is a "refresher"?

Last edited:
Figure out a way to know if we are having a raiding night before 7:00pm so we can do make other plans in advance. It would require some commitment on the part of people who want to raid. Is that too big a task?
It is a HUGE task... almost impassible... I don't think I've walked into any set up raid night knowing for sure that we were going to raid.

I guess also, if the last 4 weeks have been for "refreshing" the basics, how has it gone?
It's gone ok, when we raided.

Where are the "raiders"? What does it take to maintain / attain raider status?
Don't understand the first question. Brib the Raid Leader and Class Leader... hehe... Do your job and show up. That's about it... for now...

Can I become a raider and then skip raids if it is a "refresher"?
We are currently talking over raiding and what we are going to do. as well as talking about you as raider... and a couple others.

I love raiding with Redeemed, and have always had a good time when I got to tag along, which is typically all I seem to do anymore, when I am online at all. Part of the problem for me is the time, mainly due to my job and then the commute home. While I would love to see raid times get bumped back a little to make it easier, but on the flip side of that, it would be a bigger inconvenince for those on the east coast putting the raiding time fairly late.

While I seriously doubt I will ever make raider rank due to the frequent inactivity between my raiding days, I will always try and help out when and where I can. For me, the whole reason I went with my spec, was to help out the raid and seeing big crit numbers on a very frequent basis. I've come to the conclussion recently that I am always going to stay survival, even after the expansion. Something about it just drags me to it.

So for me, personally, its picking up with the occasional guild raid when I have time, and maybe trying to catch a PUG on the weekend.

I can share the frustrations about making a plan to log on and raid and have the raid get cancelled.

But that is a part of Internet gaming. It happens and most people, in my experience will not sign up for a raid, unless it was the only way to go.

It worked for my old guild in MC and BWL, but i havent seen it work well in this Xpack.

We are also a causal raider guild, not hardcore, so that makes the rules a bit funky when it comes to punishing people for not raiding as was suggested.

If we are not hardcore as a guild, how can we expect our members to be hardcore raiders?

I do not envy the leadership and their responsibilities.

Thanks I guess Blu...

Been xtra bad as of late...you think you are frustrated... I've not logged on to alliance for anything but to raid and it gets canceled, so I don't want to play allie even more. I'm in Redeemed for the fellowship, but it's the fellowship while raiding that keeps me playing.

Trust me I wish we were a Hard Core Raiding guild at times... would make my job allot less stressfull and I would have allot more hair. :)

The officers are talking about ways to change up raiding and see if we can't spice it up till expansion... I know allot of us are looking forward to that a whole lot. I hope to soon make an announcement on that.

Trust me I wish we were a Hard Core Raiding guild at times... would make my job allot less stressfull and I would have allot more hair. :)

The officers are talking about ways to change up raiding and see if we can't spice it up till expansion... I know allot of us are looking forward to that a whole lot. I hope to soon make an announcement on that.

Being a bit biased since I don't really raid...I like that we are not simply a hardcore raiding guild. We need to remember as Christians exactly where we put the importance of the game in our lives. If you can be a hard core raider and still get done all of the stuff that God is leading you to do then I am all for it! Unfortunately not all of us can but still want the fellowship and casual raiding that Redeemed offers us. It seems to me that the rank "Raider" carries with it the unwritten rule that if you have that title then you are expected to be hardcore. IF that is true then I think that is a good way to have a casual raiding guild with a sect of the guild doing the hardcore stuff. "Raiders" need to remember though that "non-raiders" are not hardcore and shouldn't have the same expectations as raiders. "Non-Raiders" need to remember that the "Raiders" are hardcore and can't be expected to run gearing runs for new 70s (unless they want too) so they can focus on progression.

I hope no one minds me stepping on the soapbox even though I have yet to go on a Redeemed raid.

Grabs soap box and throws it at those who say they want to raid but did not show up to raid last night. I think that sums up our situation. =P

We finished Gruul with 21 men.

Awesome job Mordos, you were in top form. Fantastic playing those who came!

I haven't had a good internet connection in 2 months, I'll be back on for raiding again in a couple of weeks.

Back