Stephen F. Roberts quote

Dark Virtue said:
Does that also mean that you were incorrect in accusing me of taking the verse out of context?
You are going to jinx those Astros yet!!!

No Marcy, that is incorrect. Would you mind explaining to me the instances, circumstances and accounts of the entire world knowing God's word up to Gen 5? Do we even know what the population of the world was up to this point? Stop trying to see things that you WANT to see and instead see things as they actually are.
WHY, oh please tell me WHY it is okay for you to assume the worse but I am WRONG and seeing what I WANT to assume otherwise? Is the proverbial pot calling the kettle black? Odd, perhaps there are lessons here, you see god as a tyrant, (little "g" because that is not God), and I see Him as I AM. How we come to Him seems to have an effect on how we see Him. Why must you always throw out the wonderful things about God that the Bible plainly teaches?
The proof is laid out before you, you simply reject it to see what you want to see.
Pot!
I HAVE read the Book and have come to a different conclusion than you.
Will you read at least a verse per day, for me? I highly suggest the 365 Bible verse thread. Shall I retrieve it for you sir?
NEVER give up a good habit!
Objective vs subjective reasoning.
Which one does the ole' stubborn turkey succumb to?

Marcylene said:
You are going to jinx those Astros yet!!!

:rolleyes:

WHY, oh please tell me WHY it is okay for you to assume the worse but I am WRONG and seeing what I WANT to assume otherwise? Is the proverbial pot calling the kettle black? Odd, perhaps there are lessons here, you see god as a tyrant, (little "g" because that is not God), and I see Him as I AM. How we come to Him seems to have an effect on how we see Him. Why must you always throw out the wonderful things about God that the Bible plainly teaches?

How many times do we have to go over this? I'm not assuming anything. It's a LOGICAL interpretation of the text. It's also not one sided, it's called striking the balance. When you constantly only look at the good in our discussions, I'm forced to bring up the other side. That's why you think I am one sided, when in reality, I am created a balance that is being purposefully neglected in these discussions.

Tsk tsk, should we have a refresher course on proof and evidence again?

Will you read at least a verse per day, for me? I highly suggest the 365 Bible verse thread. Shall I retrieve it for you sir? NEVER give up a good habit!

Why? I've not only read the bible several times, I have studied it extensively. Exactly why should I read it again?

Which one does the ole' stubborn turkey succumb to?

Were you referring to yourself? :)

So for the record, I still believe that you have made incorrect statements about Noah and Pharoah, due in large part to a subjective reading of the verses, reading into the text what is not there.

Dark Virtue said:
That's why you think I am one sided, when in reality, I am created a balance that is being purposefully neglected in these discussions.
Rest assured. It is not purposefully neglected. That is the way I live. "Why?" you may well ask. For I see God working in my life and the lives of others. Yes, I see what He is capable of, yet I see Him work in love.

Tsk tsk, should we have a refresher course on proof and evidence again?
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Pleeeeeeeeezzzzzz! Not that, Mr. DV!!!

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

I love you. As I typed this verse, Now faith popped out at me! Ours is a faith for today, for you see, as inexplicable as it seems to be, it is VERY real to every believer.

Why? I've not only read the bible several times, I have studied it extensively. Exactly why should I read it again?
Do you speak to your wife on a daily basis? Please do not respond, it is a rhetorical question, one could only hope...I...think An example is my seeing the word Now at this particular moment, there is always more to learn, always something new, the Bible, it is an adventure!! For it is God! Besides that, I think you have missed a few good parts!

So for the record, I still believe that you have made incorrect statements about Noah and Pharaoh, due in large part to a subjective reading of the verses, reading into the text what is not there.
It is a Book of The very definition of Love, it is written therein, on every page.

Permanent Sticky up there ^ said:
Religious Discussion For civilized discussion and civilized debate: In the end, if you cant agree, then agree to disagree.
Sure wish we could at the very least agree on the MOST important issue! Jesus Christ the Son of God came to earth, was tempted in all points as we are, was nailed to the Cross to pay the ransom for our sin debt, and took on the sins of the whole world. He died and rose again the third day and is only a call away. For whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be saved. Romans 10:13

Last edited:
Let's try and trim the fat, shall we?

Marcy, if I made a false statement regarding the Bible, wouldn't you call me out on it?

That is precisely what I am doing to you, pointing out your erroneous statements from the very book you claim to study on a daily basis.

Unfortunately, you aren't willing to discuss those points, instead pointing to the "agree to disagree" quote above. Sorry, but I cannot agree with a blatant error.

I am thrilled to see you in defense of the Scriptures. I much appreciate that. However, please bear with me as I grow in Christ, for He is not finished with me yet! I see God as Loving in every circumstance. But let us just say for an instance that you are 100% on the mark. He, in a fit of anger decided to annihilate each of us, for whatever historical account in the Bible you choose to apply this description, (aside from ones such as in Sodom and Gomorrah where He plainly gave ample opportunity for repentance. And while I am on this aside, let me mention, He being the same, yesterday, and forever, gives me the view that I have on Him. Once again, that and the fact that I see plain evidence of His longsuffering each and every day along with His Fruit of His Spirit). He is God. He can do that. No, I am not always right, compare to Scripture, every jot and tittle with everything I say, with everything you hear. He is a Now God for today. Every single thing in our lives should measure up to His Word, and we can judge things that we hear by taking an overall look at the Bible to see if it measures up. On this point, you do not see it. The Bible does not directly say it. Satisfied? Yet, I choose to believe it. Once again, for the evidence of His character, if you will.

Does that also mean that you were incorrect in accusing me of taking the verse out of context?
heh, no, I was subtly implying that if I tried to correct you on the spirit of this scripture, then that would just leave one down and a million others. If you sincerely want to understand scripture, you have to look at the verses that encapsulate. Paul writes to the church in Thesolanica(sp?) about good and bad, dark and light eg. how we live. Paul wrote a whole letter, and to understand the end, you need to read the beginning. I also use a King James Bible, and a Strongs Concordance.(found the Bible for $1 at the dollar tree, and the Concordance was about $23 because it was last years addition)
I could easily butcher your posts by only reading clips from them. Paul never wrote chapters and verses into his letters. Who knows, maybe your posts will be butchered by some random kid who stumbles across an old hard drive...
"crazy kid, talking about trimming fat"

Interesting.

Too bad Christians don't take your advice.

Just take a lok at this forum alone and you can find many instances of what you just described.

You are just now throwing your hands up? I have had a team keeping my arms up since the very day I met you!!!

DV, I am in hopes that by now you would know a few things about me. I think we have corresponded long enough that you have gained an opinion of me. (Hey! Watch it!) That being said...

It is late and I am tired but I am going to attempt an analogy here...

Let's say that you hear from someone that I have cut all ties with them. They refuse to tell you any more than that. You do, however, notice this person has a horribly swollen black eye! I would be in hopes that I attempt to favor my Heavenly Father enough that it at least somewhat shows. You can gather from what you already know about me that I have not been mean nor cruel to this person. I would be in hopes that you would realize that I had given them an opportunity to reconcile, and you highly doubt that the black eye had anything to do with my actions. You would then logically think back to our conversations, and to those that you have seen me have with others. I don't want to seem proud, may the LORD deal with me and correct me if I am. I have far to go and I know any good in me is what He has shone through me. I would hope that you can see Christian love not only in myself, but in my Sisters and Brothers in Christ. (By the way this is something that I have tried to get you to respond to a couple of times!) At any rate, you would know in your heart that I handled things to the best of my ability and did not dilbrately wrong this person.

In addition, I think that we have talked enough that you would see that I never want to add one jot or tittle to the Holy Scriptures. The Bible is plain to the consequences to anyone that would attempt that sin!

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Revelation 22:18&19

I too, have been adamant about Scripture being taken out of context, right along with being against it being so overly put into context to the point of the death of all meaning or application to us today, leaving it as a Book written only to the the Jews alone!

You don't have to agree with me, but I am in hopes that you understand where I am coming from. I do get your point. Nevertheless, I wish that you could understand the Loving side of God and realize that is how He deals with us overall, then try and understand why I see Him in that Light and why I look at Scripture in such a light.

There are so many verses that share the Love of God. So much more than ever shows His wrath. Yet, even in His wrath, while we may not understand, there is Love, for He is Love.

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded love,
May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Epehsians 3:17-19

Lastly, I ask why you think there is longsuffering mentioned in this verse? I believe it is clear speaking that of a Father not willing that any man should perish.

Which were sometime disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a-preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. I Peter 3:20

God with longsuffering waited. All who desire to come to Him and repent may do so, that has/will not ever change.

Surely he is a Cowboys man!
DV? First time ever for the Astros to be in the World Series...may we consider THIS a miracle?

<off topic>
at this point no worries. Ya know, if it was only football, I probably could have let it slide, especially if the Ravens were mentioned LOL

Due to very closely guarded scientific examination, (I think you could stand in front of the television naked and not be noticed...if the glazed over eyes are any indication), football gets us right back on the subject of gods! (...running for my life now, an army of flying cordless mice can be dangerous)!

Back