PSYCHO CHRISTIAN ALERT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I will do my best..I am sorry to say but yes some christains put on the show when others are watching> I can't change that but as a brother to all that except Jesus it is our responsibility to guide them to nuture them and at times correct them as the children we are..Yes we all have elders and we are to look up to them and ask them for advice and Of All things Pray for the necessary strength.(Alone in a quiet place)wOOt makes it more personal.I can't say God didn't put her there because he saw the need.No doubt when after she saw herself she was humbled for I know that very feeling after a play that was recorded and I saw myself..Awful even tho others said I did good but I did learn alot more about myself and grew with it, kinda childlike I say! I only watched part of the show only because tv is my living and I get enough of it on my job and as for the 1 and 2 of the quote,I was born that way at least part of it(inherited feature)and I would have said of sinful nature... as for my value well I know it did have a cost and am glad it was paid in full....Remember who's money is it anyway>>>>

I certainly experience all the shock, horror, and sick amusement reported by others in this thread. My final assessment was that that the fundy wife has some intense self-esteem problems. I suspect she has embraced radical xian spiritualism as a self-defense mechanism. Instead of being an unattractive, uneducated, morbidly obese housewife, she is transformed into a "God-warrior" locked in an epic battle against the forces of the "dark-side."

The attractiveness of this spiritualism lies deep in the schizophrenic nature of the the xian message. The xian (generally) simultaneously accepts two powerful, yet conflicting, doctrines:

1) (s)he is a wicked, testable, loathesome creature, worthless, guilty, and wretched on their own account.

2) (s)he is of inestimable value to the Creator of the universe

Judging from the external appearance and dramatic, self-centered behavior of Marg, I'm guessing (1) and (2) are right up her alley.
Thank you Dr. What's Your Name! I do so hope in your innate wisdom, you will one day find a way for Christians to have such a spotlessly perfect history as well as personality as Atheist and Freethinkers alike!

Master~Plan said:
You don't think she is mentally ill?
Everyone seems to be agreeing that she quite possibly could be, and rightfully so. However, I couldn't help but notice that the family seemed very shocked by her behavior and uncertain how to handle the situation, leaving me with the feeling that this was not typical behavior on her part.

The "dark-sided" mom did quite well I think. She was open to the "new" family's ideals and did not impose hers on them. This in itself says a lot to me. This show depicted Christians as narrow minded...

She brought along her hypnosis equipment and cards. If you missed the first show, she was trying to talk the husband and oldest daughter into participating!

Marcylene said:
She brought along her hypnosis equipment and cards. If you missed the first show, she was trying to talk the husband and oldest daughter into participating!

She probably wanted to run them through a session so that they understood HER a little better. Did she go to church while she was there? How is THAT different?

Master~Plan said:
I didn't watch the show. You don't think she is mentally ill?

I think that's an easy out. No, I don't think she was mentally ill. I do, however, believe that she was mentally WEAK and definately weak in her faith. That's why she had to overcompensate her attitude.

Just my guess.

BAM! as Emeril would put it DV. Spiritually who can say the amount of armor the Lady had. Armor skit ya sum hehehe I best armor myself in case I make the news. Be a movie star o sumthing wOOt like clint eastwood.haha "Love thy neighbor!!!" A christain can choose right and wrong the same as a nonchristain.So anything contrary to love thy Lord and love thy neighbor is well contrary. Simple no means no.So the things that create issues with your standing with the Lord is a nobrainer.

Marcylene said:

Yes, I did see the first episode. She brought her equipment just like the holy roller did. Yes, she did hypnotize the daughter-who agreed to do it. Perhaps I'm wrong but I don't recall the family asking her to go to church with them. I believe she would have just like her husband went with Margaret. She was participating in this as a mother not some "warrior" out to spread the word. She had a positive effect on Margaret's children to some degree. What effect, what impression did Margaret have on the other family?

I think the only person sadder than Margaurite was her husband.

What a spineless piece o' crap.

What father lets ANYONE yell and throw a fit like that in their own house?

I don't get it. I am assuming this is some sort of TV thing? I don't watch TV (but not because I think it's a devil box come to steal my soul or anything, mind you, I just find it boring and I get sick of advertisements).

Yes, it was a show on TV.

This, in particular, was a reality tv show, where two families swap mothers for a week. Usually, they get two polar opposites: a rich woman and a farmer for instance. In this case, it was a fundy Christian and a new age mom.

Note, that I have never claimed that America does NOT hold a bloody history. The actions of America against its native people are horrible and shameful. Christianity, on the other hand, tends to turn a blind eye to its shameful history.
If you mean horrible things like the Crusades, that was done under the distorted Catholic beliefs of the Middle Ages, not the true Chritianity (there's that phrase again :D)

ChickenSoup said:
If you mean horrible things like the Crusades, that was done under the distorted Catholic beliefs of the Middle Ages, not the true Chritianity (there's that phrase again :D)

The Crusades were merely one example.

Were they indicative of "true" Christianity? Since Christians can't agree on what a "true" Christian is, the point is moot.

The Crusades were, however, carried out by those that represented the face of Christianity. Why God allowed that to happen, IN HIS NAME, is beyond me. Perhaps you could answer that.

Just because the Pope seemed like he represented Chritianity doesn't mean he did. The Catholics of the Middle Ages brought with their beliefs false doctrines, such as purgatory and the sale of indulgences.

And please give me some more examples of things done in God's name.

And FYI, God's ways are not the ways of our own.

Ah the old "True Christian" argument again?

Ruling out the Catholics in Medieval Europe leaves you with WHO exactly to represent the True Christians?

ChickenSoup said:
Just because the Pope seemed like he represented Chritianity doesn't mean he did. The Catholics of the Middle Ages brought with their beliefs false doctrines, such as purgatory and the sale of indulgences.

Would you mind tracing the history of "true Christians" from the resurrection of Christ to present day? That would help explain a lot of things.

And please give me some more examples of things done in God's name.

You DO realize that I've answered this question several times, right?

Here's a quick few, in addition to the Crusades:

The Spanish Inquisition
Salem Witch Trials
The Puritans
"Converting" Native American Indians
The struggle between the Protestants and Catholics in England (although I suppose that point is moot if you don't consider Catholics or Protestants "true" Christians)

And FYI, God's ways are not the ways of our own.

Of course, the atrocities committed by God are MUCH more horrible than those committed by man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back