PSYCHO CHRISTIAN ALERT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with Oh My Goodness???

Whatever you think about her, it's gonna be entertaining! :)

(Hmm, it doesn't look like I can edit the title, feel free to do so)

I saw the previews. I'll be skipping that one. I have no need to see someone curse in Jesus' name.

EDIT: If I need to see that, I'll just go visit my father-in-law.

Last edited:
[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
I saw the previews. I'll be skipping that one. I have no need to see someone curse in Jesus' name.

EDIT: If I need to see that, I'll just go visit my father-in-law.

I'm glad you said that because that is EXACTLY what she did, curse in Jesus' name.

WOW. I don't know what else to say. I just got done watching the first of two episodes. It definately didn't do much for Christianity in general, but, don't worry, I don't think anyone would say she was the average Christian.

Did anyone else see it?

Please don't tell anyone that I saw it.
Fox is in it for the money and they could not have chosen two more differing polarities of lifestyle if they searched the world over! I felt sorry for both ladies being so completely out of their element. I found a couple of things very sad and I will be measuring myself next to these things that I noticed. Not that I am better, but it is a lesson to me in how I introduce Christianity to others by my everyday actions. Sad that the lady was more willing to introduce her hypnotism to others than they seemed to be about sharing Jesus, or at least, from what we were allowed to see. It saddened me deeply to see the lady who is not a Christian be treated so ugly by the group of Christian ladies. May God help me, I don't want to treat others in that manner, I never want to push anyone away from the LORD. It leaves the thought, "If that is a Christian, I don't want to be one!" On the other hand, the daughter, while I may not agree that she allowed herself to be hypnotized, I think she was showing genuine Godly Love in her treatment of this lady. It really makes me stop and think. I may be the only Christian example that one may see, am I truly living like Christ?

I have been really sick, didn't make it to church tonight...yet God spoke to me!

Though I speak with the tongues of mean and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or tinkling cymbal. I Corinthians 13:1

Marcy, you're not the first person to point out that in these enlightened times it's often the case that Christian's themselves drive more people from Christianity than any demons could hope to.

Why is simple respect and tolerance so hard for some people?

Eon said:
Marcy, you're not the first person to point out that in these enlightened times it's often the case that Christian's themselves drive more people from Christianity than any demons could hope to.

Why is simple respect and tolerance so hard for some people?

Loving care and an attitude that emulates Jesus towards the lost is essential, but "tolerance" is a tricky area. Christians can't in good consciousness watch people board a hell bound train and wave them off, telling them they'll be just fine.

Yes, but whose benefit is the prosletyzing for?

Far too often it's about feeling smug and superior, and not about saving anybody.

Oh my, oh my, oh my.

This shows producers go out of their way to find the most differentiated families to do the swap with on purpose. All that pressure and tension certainly can't bring out the best in people. I think Marcylene hit the puppet on the nose ... for some people we are the only experience they will have with a Christian. Are we doing our part?

Last edited:
Eon said:
Yes, but whose benefit is the prosletyzing for?

Far too often it's about feeling smug and superior, and not about saving anybody.
So true, it is all about the heart; it is what God is most concerned with. And that rascal of a heart has to be tamed every second of the day it seems!

A preacher once said that watching the news or reading the paper gives you the slanted version of the writer. For anyone who did not watch this program, when a group of Christian ladies came to hold their weekly meeting, they were asking the visiting mother what her views were on Christianity. From there, there were many close-up (read that cameras touching noses) shots of the Christian ladies looking down their noses and making faces. Of course, the music was quite dramatic, too! Considering that we only get two hours of footage out of 5-7 days worth of hours…Fox wanted dramatic effect. They definitely portrayed Christianity in a bad light! From the glimpse of the previews, it only gets worse next week...but by the look of things, they don't have to play much into the scenes for dramatic effect. Nevertheless, it makes me stop and think how I act towards none Christians and Christians alike. If I get out of hand you may tell me to stop acting like psycho Christian! J That is, anyone but that DV man!

That was a scary woman to say the least. Did you see her face in the beginning of the clip? She looked almost possesed as she was screaming about things. I can imagine that being in another persons world for a week would make one want to be home, but to come home and then treat her family that way is just wrong. I realize she was probably putting on a bit of a show for the camera crew as well, but it was way out of line. I would have to say that she just might be the embodyment of what is wrong with christianity today. She has become highly intolerant to the world, she shows no outward affection to those who need it most, and its her God and she doesnt want to share Him. If I wasnt a christian and saw this lady representing christianity, I would stay far away from anybody who claimed to be a christian. She would have to fall into the extremist catagory for sure. It would be hard to say that she is reflecting any of Christ's love.

IceBladePOD said:
Loving care and an attitude that emulates Jesus towards the lost is essential, but "tolerance" is a tricky area. Christians can't in good consciousness watch people board a hell bound train and wave them off, telling them they'll be just fine.
You are exactly right. I think the question is how to witness and have a daily walk that portrays the Love of Jesus.

There is a difference between anger and righteous anger. I haven't figured it out yet. But comparing her anger to that of Jesus's anger when he went through the temple with a lash and turned over the tables of the traders might be a good starting point to help understand the difference.

Marcylene said:
You are exactly right. I think the question is how to witness and have a daily walk that portrays the Love of Jesus.
Good question and I am sorry that the lady is a awful witness..We MUST SHINE so others can see what we have inside not to put down like the Lady and her friend did! That smirk the friend had haunts me wow so awful!!! And for the camera to show us that OW! Pick us out and make fun of us in front of the viewers....OK dv yes there will be some pews with ppl in them after God calls his ppl up so like don"t be one of them>>>>Now we have it even harder to witness hmmmm work of whom? Focus brothers n sisters time is near!!!!

cc.slim said:
And for the camera to show us that OW! Pick us out and make fun of us in front of the viewers....

Perhaps we Christians should be looking at this as a wake up call to what we have become. If we look at it that way and then try to pull the plank out of our own eye, God will be glorified through this.

Perhaps we Christians should be looking at this as a wake up call to what we have become.
I differ. we have not become like that. I don't know anybody like that. Television holds too much of an impact on peoples thinking. It would be like watching an episode of Ripleys believe it or not, and suggesting that is a portrayal of how America has become.

I don't think christians have become her, I think the worlds view of christians is getting closer to the persona she was protraying. How do you change the world view? One person at a time.

Gods_Peon said:
I think Marcylene hit the puppet on the nose ... for some people we are the only experience they will have with a Christian. Are we doing our part?

I have questions, but I'd like you to elaborate on this.

Master~Plan said:
I differ. we have not become like that. I don't know anybody like that. Television holds too much of an impact on peoples thinking. It would be like watching an episode of Ripleys believe it or not, and suggesting that is a portrayal of how America has become.

I think you can't see the forest for the trees. Take an OBJECTIVE look at the history of Christianity and you'll be amazed at what you'll find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back