Natural Selection 2 - Who has it? Who wants it? ToJ NS2 chapter and server?

status report..right now there's 7 on and it's not pushing the vm cpu very hard..and bandwidth is about nothing..

to give you an idea i'm watching the mhz on the host cpu and right now with 7 on it's averaging running at 1.9 ghz with the rare spike to 2400. so once it's full with 10 we'll see how it goes..bandwidth isn't a concern at this time..:)

Last edited:
This page displays some stats for the server. Not terribly useful, but very interesting.

EDIT: Any chance we can update the server to run 12 or 16 slots and see how it goes? My curiosity is getting the better of me...

Now that we have an unofficial server, I've gone ahead and officially established (or, depending on your perspective, resurrected) the ToJ Natural Selection Chapter. You can find the ToJ NS2 Chapter Forum here.

I've updated Joshinator's forums account title accordingly and will work with Elihu to update the ToJ web site as well.

That's fine. Just curious to see how the allocated hardware handles it.

Totally off topic: I think I have the longest user title again. CHALLENGERS STEP UP!

On topic: woot!

So do we have a server? I bought it the other day for $9.99, I'm about as good as I was with the first one (not very). I still have fun playing though so as long as skill doesn't matter I might be up for playing.

[toj.cc]phantom;469108 said:
So do we have a server?
Yes. Server address is hescominsoon.dyndns.org. You can connect to the server by launching NS2, bringing up the console by pressing the ` key (next to the 1 key on most keyboards), typing connect hescominsoon.dyndns.org, and pressing Enter. If there are slots available on the server, you'll start joinin!

[toj.cc]phantom;469108 said:
I bought it the other day for $9.99, I'm about as good as I was with the first one (not very). I still have fun playing though so as long as skill doesn't matter I might be up for playing.
Glad to have you playing! And don't worry about not being good at the game. Support classes (e.g. gorge, welder marine, skulk scout) can make a HUGE difference in NS2.

Back