It's that time of year again...

I treat it as just a fun night to dress up and eat candy. Nothing bad with that. Any more ideas for costumes?

A fun night to participate in pagan rituals on a pagan night?

Now that's turning a blind eye to the situation
smile.gif

Am I participating in pagain rituals. LOL
biggrin.gif

Aw man, you're funny. I'm in it for the candy and costumes. What do I do that's pagan about it? LOL
biggrin.gif

Dress up in a costume and get candy are pagan ? LOL
biggrin.gif

I don't think so. The pagan holiday that halloween branched off of included rituals that involved demonic spirits and talking with the dead. I don't do that. LOL

I DON'T KNOW, and I DON'T CARE! MAn, I just like the candy. And who said the costumes have to be scary? They could be cute cuddly little bunnies, LOL
biggrin.gif

Ignorance isn't an excuse.

Are you saying you'd rather not know that you're taking part in pagan rituals so you'll feel ok about it?

For the record, the concept of dressing up in costumes was to parade around the neighborhood, being as destructive as possible in order to frighten away spirits looking for bodies to possess. It was believed that on Samhain, the Celtic New year, the disembodied spirits of all those who had died throughout the preceding year would come back in search of living bodies to possess for the next year. It was believed to be their only hope for the afterlife. The Celts believed all laws of space and time were suspended during this time, allowing the spirit world to intermingle with the living.

Trick or treating comes from peasants going from village to village begging for "soul cakes," made out of square pieces of bread with currants. The more soul cakes the beggars would receive, the more prayers they would promise to say on behalf of the dead relatives of the donors. At the time, it was believed that the dead remained in limbo for a time after death, and that prayer, even by strangers, could expedite a soul's passage to heaven.

Sorry dude, pagan pagan pagan.

Alright, everyone, hold on to your keyboards...

Dark Virtue, I completely agree with you on this.

5 years ago, I celebrated October 31 for the pagan holiday.

Good for you all... I want to take my brothers and collect candy while dressed as Batman.... If Pagans do it to then good for them!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Genesis1315 @ Oct. 22 2004,8:49)]Alright, everyone, hold on to your keyboards...

Dark Virtue, I completely agree with you on this.

5 years ago, I celebrated October 31 for the pagan holiday.
You celebrated it AS a pagan, or as a pagan holiday?

Elaborate please
smile.gif

And what about now? Will you do anything on halloween?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Oct. 22 2004,8:55)]Good for you all... I want to take my brothers and collect candy while dressed as Batman.... If Pagans do it to then good for them!
Sweet! I can officially refer to you as a pagan!

I knew you had it in you Byblos!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You celebrated it AS a pagan, or as a pagan holiday?

Elaborate please
smile.gif

Without going into my entire testimony, I was wiccan until Nov 2000. I celebrated all of the pagan holidays as a pagan including, Beltane, Lughnasadh, Imbolc and Samhain.

Now, my family tries to use it as an evangelical night. Since this holiday also celebrates the darkness, we try to bring in the Light. It is a great chance to talk with a lot of people about Christ. As for our daughter and the whole candy-dress-up-thing, we just get her candy (may add fruit this year too). She knows these things are just for her. She plays dress up everyday so there is no need for it one night of the year to be special or whatever. Yes, we do give out candy, usually laced with Bible verses.

biggrin.gif
LOL!!! nice. (MAKE SURE IT IS GOOD CANDY!)
laugh.gif
anyway, byblos that is hilarious. DV if you haven't done your research, ALL holidays are not christian in SOURCE. they were all created for pagan reasons. i don't know what, but i do KNOW that they are not christian in the roots. Christians happen to celebrate certain things at the time!
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Oct. 22 2004,9:27)]thats fine.. if Pagan is defined by one who gathers his family acting as batman and collects candy..
No, a Pagan is defined as one that participates in pagan rituals.

Which you seem more than willing to do, even though you claim to be a Christian.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Genesis1315 @ Oct. 22 2004,9:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You celebrated it AS a pagan, or as a pagan holiday?

Elaborate please
smile.gif

Without going into my entire testimony, I was wiccan until Nov 2000. I celebrated all of the pagan holidays as a pagan including, Beltane, Lughnasadh, Imbolc and Samhain.

Now, my family tries to use it as an evangelical night. Since this holiday also celebrates the darkness, we try to bring in the Light. It is a great chance to talk with a lot of people about Christ. As for our daughter and the whole candy-dress-up-thing, we just get her candy (may add fruit this year too). She knows these things are just for her. She plays dress up everyday so there is no need for it one night of the year to be special or whatever. Yes, we do give out candy, usually laced with Bible verses.
AH! Thank you for sharing, Gen.

My wife has been interested in Wicca for a long time.

She's never done anything about it though (thankfully).

No offense to anyone, but I see wicca on the same level as all religion, including Christianity.

I may ask you some questions about that in PM later if you don't mind.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SilentAssassin @ Oct. 22 2004,10:59)]
biggrin.gif
LOL!!! nice. (MAKE SURE IT IS GOOD CANDY!)
laugh.gif
anyway, byblos that is hilarious. DV if you haven't done your research, ALL holidays are not christian in SOURCE. they were all created for pagan reasons. i don't know what, but i do KNOW that they are not christian in the roots. Christians happen to celebrate certain things at the time!
cool.gif
Maybe YOU are the one that needs to do your research.

I know the answer, but it might do you some good to find out on your own.

WHY do Christians just happen to have their holidays on the same day as pagan holidays? It's NOT coincidence.

DV- Complete agree. There is a reason for most of the holidays Christians celebrate when they do.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions. That goes for all, not just DV.

So, what are you doing for Halloween DV?

Back