It's that time of year again...

no i believe he knew that God knew that man would deplore his life if all he did was work.

What you consider a day off and what a Christian would are too differently things. for me my day of rest is usually a saturday or monday. where i do not focus on my school work(haha bible college) and i take my own time to study the word because i want to, i fellowship with believers, may it be watching a movie, or going to walmart to get food. I have set a day aside where all i do is relax, and just do my best to grow close to God.

You forget, I grew up a Christian
smile.gif

I DO know what it means, trust me.

So you don't buy into the whole, "keeping it holy" thing at all?

Like i said it comes down to what you want to consider holy.

Is it holy for me outcast anyone who is a non-believer? well some would say yes?

Is it holy for me to go into a bar, and play pool?

It comes down alot of what one person feels is holy and right in the eyes of the Lord. i have no problem going into a bar or a poolhall why? because its something i have always done, never drank or anything, and its a way for me to connect with non-believers.

Holy to be set apart, dedicated to God. anything can be holy, it is a matter of doing it for the right reasons, if i could i would copy and paste the greek meaning but Pradis study is being stupid ;)

I have always thought of Christianity as being very objective, but you've got me thinking the other way now.

LOL, it's basically, do whatever the heck you want to do.

No, I have freedom in Christ(another topic) and with that freedom i know i can do whatever i want. But just because i can do it does not mean that is is benefical for me to do it.

IE. i could go have all the pre-marital sex i want, and if i ask for forgiveness i will have it. does that make it right now. Romans 6:1-2 What shall we say shall we go on sinning so that grace may abound?(increase) By no means, we died to sin how can we live in it anylonger.

I set aside certian days for God, where nothing comes between that. It doesnt matter if i have a 50 page paper due the next day if it is my time with God there is no backing down. Does that mean i will not take time to comfort someone in a time of need no.. That would be pharisicical of me in my oppion. I have this time so i may grow closer to God, if he gives me the oppertunity to minister to someone who am i to say no to my almight creator.

yup i agree with his example. when you accept christ, you are changed. you are thinking of well... unlimited forgiveness... ooo.. *does many bad things on purpose*
-i know god will forgiveve me
-i will sin some more cause he will again.

BEEEEP! wrong. god will forgive you for that IF you realize you have done wrong and actually want to move around.
tounge.gif

"Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God." Romans 14:4-5

Nice verse, but that doesn't seem to stop Christians from judging Christians now does it?

How many lives have been lost and wars waged because of Christian judgement?

Less, than wars waged and lives lost due to Islamic Jihad.

Less than wars waged and lives lost due to various others (things like Kahn, WWI & WWII)

People love pointing their fingers at things such as the Crusades, and saying "Look how bad Christians are!" Even though the last 'Christian' war was hundreds of years ago. Yet, they for some reason refuse to do the same against Islam, and even things like the Atheist state of the USSR, and it's random attacks against some of its various neighbors.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Less, than wars waged and lives lost due to Islamic Jihad.

Less than wars waged and lives lost due to various others (things like Kahn, WWI & WWII)

People love pointing their fingers at things such as the Crusades, and saying "Look how bad Christians are!" Even though the last 'Christian' war was hundreds of years ago. Yet, they for some reason refuse to do the same against Islam, and even things like the Atheist state of the USSR, and it's random attacks against some of its various neighbors.

Yes. Christians are singled out. They always make the Crusades seem like it's ALL the Christians fault. There were MANY Crusades. Most of them caused by the Muslims.

I singled Christianity out because that's what we are discussing here.

I level the same finger at any war waged in the name of any god or any religion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dark Virtue @ Oct. 21 2004,12:59)]I singled Christianity out because that's what we are discussing here.

I level the same finger at any war waged in the name of any god or any religion.
So does that make the wars waged, which were not about God or religion ok?

Then why reference wars at all in that post? The comment about the verse, was a sufficient debate point on the lack of interpretation/knowledge/what have you regarding Tek's post without the finger pointing about the Crusades.

But to answer the actual point made in the post in question. No it hasn't stopped Christians from judging Christians. For regardless of our state of salvation, we are still human, and we will still fail. We have never claimed Christians were perfect. As one, we are still subject to the foibles and failings that trap all of mankind. Judging one another, is just another one of those failings.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I singled Christianity out because that's what we are discussing here.

I thought we were talking about HAlloween, LOL
biggrin.gif

Back