Book list

Did y'all hear the news about the Inheritance Trilogy? I kept meaning to post it here...

The Inheritance Trilogy is now the Inheritance Cycle! There was too much material to fit in one book. Book III, Brisingr*, will be released September 20. :) Yay!

*I linked to Amazon because they have a video from Christopher Paolini talking about his decision.

lol ok well when i just posted the news u did i didnt see that so i gues you all already knew srry :D

Eragon and Eldest have been popular in this thread. :) Lots of fans!

lol io saw it was, btw how many of you are planning on buying the thir book? also is the silmarilion, or how ever you spell it, is it a good book to read? i have heard a lot about it but i am not sure.

I personally loved the Silmarillion or however you spell it...)It gave a greater depth to the middle earth and filled in quite abit of history, though it has been 20 or so years since last reading it. I have been reading Frank Peretti lately. as far as fantasy goes....Dragonlance, the originals will always have a special place in my heart.

I personally loved the Silmarillion or however you spell it...)It gave a greater depth to the middle earth and filled in quite abit of history, though it has been 20 or so years since last reading it. I have been reading Frank Peretti lately. as far as fantasy goes....Dragonlance, the originals will always have a special place in my heart.

I remember once when I was a teen I had an older friend over who was in college, and he happened to notice the Dragonlance book I had been reading. When he asked me who was reading it I lied and told him it was my younger brother. :rolleyes: I guess I didn't want to be thought of as 'uncool' for admitting I read fantasy. But the guy shrugged and said, "that's cool, I've read those too. Great books."

Paul

lol the strange things we have done... ahhh good times, good times. btw thnx for the info on that book, i am goin to enjoy reading it if it tells more about middle earth, ty all

I'm reading through Dune right now having had it suggested to me many times during my life--it's incredible. Hard to start, but now that I'm into it, I'm loving it. :D

-Chadley

the Dune series is great, until about God Emperor, then he runs out of plot.

the prequels by his son, at least the ones i've read, are good.

Going to start book seven in the Dark Tower series soon. Reading the Jack Reacher series right now.

JackReacher1_228x163.jpg

the prequels by his son, at least the ones i've read, are good.
I disagree about the prequels. I have enjoyed the information in them, but the writing... Even as interested as I was in the trilogy on the Butlerian Jihad, I couldn't read past the first book. I did read the original trilogy of prequels, Corrino, Harkonnen, and Atreides, though. I enjoyed getting to see the history of the houses and of Gaius Helen Mohiam.

Listening to;
persuader.gif

Reading;
0786927089.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The main thing that people may find offensive with any of the Dragonlance books is the magic and violence, but as far as I'm concerned, they are the same as LOTR.

The Jack Reacher series however are definitely geared towards adults. They contain adult situations, although no detail is ever given about whats going on. Violence, lots of it, Reacher is the good guy, but he doesn't like bad guys...at all. Some language, an F-Word maybe once, and the D-Word and A-Word are used quite a bit. However, I'm never offended by language or violence in movies or books, unless it just makes the book sound stupid.

my son has been reading all the DRagonlance by Weiss and Hickman. He says they are really good. He says DRagons of Summer Flames was his favorite so far.

Anyone seen the Dragonlance movie yet? is it worth the time?

my son has been reading all the Dragonlance by Weiss and Hickman. He says they are really good. He says Dragons of Summer Flames was his favorite so far.

Anyone seen the Dragonlance movie yet? is it worth the time?

I've read some things about it, and it has some pretty big name actors and actresses doing the voices for the characters. However I haven't seen it yet.

Back