Book list

Finally finished Eldest. Great book and can't wait until the next installment. (One of the longest books I've ever listened to on audio. Even longer than a Dirk Pitt novel)

AHH! I just got that book and i am re-reading Eragon for a fresh new start them im gonna dive into Eldest. Tho school has been killing me reading time (with some GW help too) i am slowing getting done.
BTW: for my b-day i got the whole Ender's Game series (great series, few warnings) and i got Eldest (x2) and two WWII books. i got some reading to do :D
well OFF TO YOUTH GROUP!

I've been reading some Mercedes Lackey: the first book of the Heralds of Valdemar. I really enjoy it. The characters are interesting, and complex. The religious issues aren't anti-Christian, though they are a big part of the story. No sexual content, and no gratuitous violence. The plot is good, but not as complex as some of the books I read. (Referring to Wheel of Time, especially...but then, only Dune is that complex. :) )

I've been reading some Mercedes Lackey: the first book of the Heralds of Valdemar. I really enjoy it. The characters are interesting, and complex. The religious issues aren't anti-Christian, though they are a big part of the story. No sexual content, and no gratuitous violence. The plot is good, but not as complex as some of the books I read. (Referring to Wheel of Time, especially...but then, only Dune is that complex. :) )

I really enjoy her as well. I originally found her because she does a lot of co-writing with people and helped out Ann McCaffrey on one of her Ship Who Sang books.

Joust is a good book of hers to start with. (Yeay I know I just love reading about dragons)

Warning = Not all of her books have no sexual content, and no gratuitous violence and although it doesn't show up in most of them homosexuality is an idea she is comfortable with.

Kel Queen of all Europe

I really enjoy her as well. I originally found her because she does a lot of co-writing with people and helped out Ann McCaffrey on one of her Ship Who Sang books.

Joust is a good book of hers to start with. (Yeay I know I just love reading about dragons)

Warning = Not all of her books have no sexual content, and no gratuitous violence and although it doesn't show up in most of them homosexuality is an idea she is comfortable with.

Kel Queen of all Europe
Oh, I LOVE reading about dragons! I'm with you there.

And yeah, my first Lackey book was a little more risque. I read The Lark and the Wren. Good, but the young woman/older man thing was a bit creepy.

I also recommend staying away from anything past the first few books in Xanth (Piers Anthony), and from Incarnation of Immortality completely. Anti-Christian, pro-pedophilia, basically.

Gail Giles is a great author....her books are an ALA quick pick for reluctant readers....on other words once you pick it up you can't put it down...she has four out....so far I've read ---

Shattering Glass
Dead Girls Don't Write Letters
Playing in Traffic

they get you going in one direction and then have a totally different twist in the end, causing you to go back and re-read from different perspectives.

Lee Child is also good. His Jack Reacher books are some of the best action novels I've read in a while.

First of all id have to say i love eragon, eldest, LOTR, and Narnia. Other really good books are the Redwall series by Brian Jacques. There are about 10 of them and are really good reads. If you like food, swords, and amusing charachters you'll love them. Kids and adults can enjoy them. I also recommend the wheel of time series by Robert Jordan.

I am so excited about audiobooks.

I found several scripts that, combined with the standard features of iTunes, turn mp3 audio files into bookmarkable, chapterized audiobooks that work just like the ones you purchase. Is it sad that it made my day? Well, until work was actually over, an hour late.

Back