Your best choices from the Steam sale...

The steam sale has TF2 right now for $6.79 .

o.O O.O O.o WOOT!!! Buying it for my wife (and possibly my brother!)...

UPDATE: My wife bought it, and gave the friend pass to my brother so he can see if he wants it, he will be playing with us tonight at TF2sday!!! WOOT!!!

Last edited:
I picked this up myself...also thought about picking up SF4 for only 10 dollars...just not sure how the controls would be on the pc.

UPDATE: My wife bought it, and gave the friend pass to my brother so he can see if he wants it, he will be playing with us tonight at TF2sday!!! WOOT!!!

If they want to make tonight make sure they start the download asap because steam servers have been packed and it takes a while to download. I'm also assuming they have at least played fps's before. If they haven't you may want to hold off until they can at least pass the practice mode and move and shoot. It's unlikely to leave a good taste otherwise XD .

If they want to make tonight make sure they start the download asap because steam servers have been packed and it takes a while to download. I'm also assuming they have at least played fps's before. If they haven't you may want to hold off until they can at least pass the practice mode and move and shoot. It's unlikely to leave a good taste otherwise XD .

Yeah, I don't know if my wife will be on, but my brother definitly will, and he is good at FPS's...so is my wife >.< ...lol... She already got it downloaded...took less than an hour actually...lucky her I guess :)

Yeah, I don't know if my wife will be on, but my brother definitly will, and he is good at FPS's...so is my wife >.< ...lol... She already got it downloaded...took less than an hour actually...lucky her I guess :)

I couldn't even get in to download a game earlier XD but great it downloaded for you no problems :) .

If they want to make tonight make sure they start the download asap because steam servers have been packed and it takes a while to download.
QFT.

I have a feeling tonight's TF2sday is going to be a busy one. Very much looking forward to it. :)

I picked this up myself...also thought about picking up SF4 for only 10 dollars...just not sure how the controls would be on the pc.
Remember that it's Street Fighter IV on sale--NOT Super Street Fighter IV.

And I imagine using a keyboard to play SFIV would feel rather odd. I have an old USB gamepad (a Gravis Gamepad Pro) and I don't think it would work very well. Newer gamepads with analog sticks might, though.

EDIT: I wouldn't pick up the game regardless, since the system test/demo lagged like mad on my PC.

Last edited:
For those who bought Team Fortress 2 during today's sale: Be sure to start your game download if you haven't immediately so you can participate in Tribe of Judah's TF2sday event, which starts tonight at 8 p.m. Central (9 p.m. Eastern, 6 p.m. Pacific).

Super Street Fighter 4 > vanilla SF4, for reals. Controls a lot better with controllers or an arcade stick. Get it for the consoles. :)

X-Com pack, gogogogo!

For those who bought Team Fortress 2 during today's sale: Be sure to start your game download if you haven't immediately so you can participate in Tribe of Judah's TF2sday event, which starts tonight at 8 p.m. Central (9 p.m. Eastern, 6 p.m. Pacific).

My wife had a lot of fun for the little she played...my brother had fun as well, however, when I offered to buy him the game he said, "Nah..." :(

My wife had a lot of fun for the little she played...my brother had fun as well, however, when I offered to buy him the game he said, "Nah..." :(
Bwah? Who would pass up a free copy of TF2?

Did he buy it for himself? And what alias/nickname/handle does your brother use?

There are a few interesting-looking games for super-cheap today. Anyone pick anything up?

Bwah? Who would pass up a free copy of TF2?

Did he buy it for himself? And what alias/nickname/handle does your brother use?

There are a few interesting-looking games for super-cheap today. Anyone pick anything up?

He was [toj.cc]gohom last night at TF2sday...and no he is not buying it for himself :(

He was [toj.cc]gohom last night at TF2sday...and no he is not buying it for himself :(

Ahhhh I thought that was him. I wanted to give an uber to him for him to experience uberness but he didn't respond when I asked him :( .

I was all ready to answer any questions for new people but no one every asked anything :( .

Last edited:
So Gerbil, I meant to be there with tons of questions but our U-verse went out yesterday and didn't come back till this morning. :(

Are there any sales TODAY JUNE 1st (MORNING) that are worth getting...I think there is like 2 hours left...then it switches again. :) Just wondering before I missed the over night sales

I ended up buying FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage and Shatter for myself. I went back intending to buy my wife a copy of each 3 minutes before the sale ended and the games had already reverted back to their regular price. I reported the issue to warn others not to wait until the last minute.

Did anyone happen to pick up a spare copy of FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage or Shatter? I had hoped to play FlatOut with my wife if it's something she thought she might like. I wanted to get Shatter for her since she seemed to enjoy playing Breakout at the local retro arcade.

Back