Your best choices from the Steam sale...

I'm eyeing Global agenda as they have decided to do the subscription free model. No subs, just its like guild wars were every couple months an expansion comes out. It's exciting.

Not crazy about the gameplay... at all. :| Try the trial first. :/

I would say Batman: AA is an awesome title (runs like UT3), Dead Space, oooor L4D2. :p

I'm eyeing Global agenda as they have decided to do the subscription free model. No subs, just its like guild wars were every couple months an expansion comes out. It's exciting.

Srs? If that's the case I am totally going to keep an eyeball out for it when I get the money.

Oooh, I would say today is a good time to pick up Dawn of War 2/Chaos Rising bundle, or EVE Online for only two bucks.

If you don't already have Half-Life 1 (and most of you probably already do), I highly recommend buying it for $1.99 USD--if only for Half-Life Deathmatch. It's best at a LAN party using stock rules, but can be fun online, too.

There seems to be a lot of shooters on sale in todays sale...and of those shooters any good...haven't ever really heard of them...lol

Global Agenda doesn't have a subscription anymore? I was interested in it when it came out but wasn't interested in pay to play. Sigh, I still miss Tabula Rasa.

Global Agenda doesn't have a subscription anymore? I was interested in it when it came out but wasn't interested in pay to play. Sigh, I still miss Tabula Rasa.

The 2 things I did not like about GA was the gameplay, it wasn't all that smooth, and the fact there wasn't much soloing options if any at all...

Thanks for the info. I like to play solo in the beginning to get a feel for the game's mechanics. I heard the game is more PVP-based. Still looking into it.

Thanks for the info. I like to play solo in the beginning to get a feel for the game's mechanics. I heard the game is more PVP-based. Still looking into it.
GA is definitely geared toward PvP, but the first expansion (Sandstorm, I believe it's called) adds single-player PvE (player versus environment). If I understood correctly, the first expansion is free to everyone who already owns the game or anyone buys it now. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

EDIT: I'm officially dubbing today's sale the "Steam gives our wallets a breather, thank the good Lord" sale. Aside from the Monkey Island pack, there's nothing I find myself interested in (and I received the Monkey Island Special Edition as a gift a while back).

Last edited:
GA is definitely geared toward PvP, but the first expansion (Sandstorm, I believe it's called) adds single-player PvE (player versus environment). If I understood correctly, the first expansion is free to everyone who already owns the game or anyone buys it now. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

EDIT: I'm officially dubbing today's sale the "Steam gives our wallets a breather, thank the good Lord" sale. Aside from the Monkey Island pack, there's nothing I find myself interested in (and I received the Monkey Island Special Edition as a gift a while back).

I am still waiting on a better sale on TF2 so I can get it for my wife and brother...

I am still waiting on a better sale on TF2 so I can get it for my wife and brother...
You might check and see if anyone stashed a few spare copies during the "flash sales" when Valve put TF2 on sale for $2.49 for 2 hours at a time.

I snagged the Dawn of War II Gold Edition for $19.99 which included the game and the Chaos Rising expansion. Now I just need to learn how to play it; I hear it's totally different that the original DoW. :)

I snagged the Dawn of War II Gold Edition for $19.99 which included the game and the Chaos Rising expansion. Now I just need to learn how to play it; I hear it's totally different that the original DoW. :)

It is also a machine hog. :) But maybe that is just my pc, who knows.

Aside from that I am thankful for the lack of goodies on steam today, although it switches over in a few hours..."sigh" wonder what goodies will pop on there next????? DAO?? MAYBE!!! or PONG!!! LOL

And soooo much better imo. Though I'm probably highly biased.

There is also a free trial on Steam...I forgot all about that...however, the free trial I played did not have any solo to it other than the tutorial...

Back