WotLK BETA out - Full talent trees

Proudfoot

The NDA has been lifted :)

Main
Classes
PALADIN CHANGES!
Hunters

Gooood stuff. I'm loving the Paladin talents and I know someone named Julienne will be very happy with the direction Blizzard has chosen. The "Hybrid" spec is once again viable. Here come the shockadins.
Offspecs will once again gain some viablity in healing roles because of the removal of the "+healing" stat. All base healing spells were buffed to compensate.

Avenging Wrath (also affects healing LOL, I'm gonna heal you to death)
Increases all damage and healing caused by 20% for 20 sec.
3 min cooldown (Ret paladins get a talent to reduce to 2 min)

One talent I'm very interested in learning more about is the "Judgements of the Wise". It reads "Your Judgement spells restore mana to up to 3 group or raid members totaling 60% of the damage caused".
What does this mean exactly? Does it mean that the TOTAL 60% will be split between the 3 members or that each member will gain the full 60%? This is very important to me since right now I have to carry 3 stacks of mana pots to every raid.

Also MMO-Champ is reporting that Seal of Blood/Seal of Vengance are no longer faction specific. Each faction will gain the other's spell but it will be called something different.

Seal of the Martyr (Read "Seal of Blood" for Allies)
Rank 1 66 All melee attacks deal additional Holy damage equal to 35% of normal weapon damage, but the Paladin loses health equal to 10% of the total damage inflicted. Unleashing this Seal's energy will judge an enemy, instantly causing Holy damage at the cost of health equal to 33% of the damage caused.
Instant cast, 14% of base mana

Seal of Corruption (Read "Seal of Vengance" for Horde)
Rank 1 66 Fills the Paladin with holy power, granting each melee attack additional Holy damage over 18 sec. This effect can stack up to 5 times. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time. Lasts 30 sec. Unleashing this Seal's energy will judge an enemy, instantly causing Holy damage per application of Blood Corruption.
Instant cast, 14% of base mana

New hunter spell
Bear Trap (I LOL'D)
Place a bear trap that locks onto the first enemy that approaches, rooting them and causing ${$RAP*0.1+$53321m2*5} Bleed damage over $53321d. Damage caused may interrupt the effect. Trap will exist for $d. Only one trap can be active at a time.

Last edited:
Indeed. I was frankly no happier with the arms-warrior-with-blue-rage concept than I was with being a priest-in-plate. For those who love the pure roles, more power to you (and oft-times, I do that myself, with a mage and an up-and-coming resto shaman), but that's not what I see a paladin as.

Now about the continuing lack of a ranged pull... :p

I still have so many questions...

Heart of the Crusader
In addition to the normal effect, your Judgement spells will also increase the critical strike chance of all attacks made against that target by an additional 3%.

Ok, ok... so lets suppose that multiple paladins in a raid have this talent. Would the paladin judging light, the paladin judging wisdom, and the paladin judging (justice?) all be increasing the crit chance by 3%? If so then that's a 9% crit increase for the entire raid! They removed Seal and Judgement of Crusader so those are the only 3 judgements left that actually debuff the target.

Divine Storm
An instant weapon attack that causes Holy damage to up to 4 enemies within 8 yards. The Divine Storm heals up to 3 party or raid members totalling 20% of the damage caused.

How much "Holy damage"? is it 100% weapon damage? It does say it's a "weapon attack" so that would lead me to believe that it is 100% weapon dmg. If this is true this could end up being a very nice heal. Whirlwind/chain heal :)

Last edited:
Agreed, there are a lot of questions still out there. As for the one in your original post, I think unfortunately that the 0.6d mana return on JotW is divided among the members receiving the benefit. Hoping one of us can get into the beta and try all this out...

None of the Holy pallys have commented on the Holy changes... Are we all just waiting for the finalized version of talents? I personally love the new holy changes. Pallys finally get an AOE heal and they can get instant Holy Lights now if Holy shock crits (which now has a 6 sec CD).

Agreed, there are a lot of questions still out there. As for the one in your original post, I think unfortunately that the 0.6d mana return on JotW is divided among the members receiving the benefit. Hoping one of us can get into the beta and try all this out...

Copied Lloren to the test realm today. I will try it out.

Looking at the new talents, it's fairly obvious that a BM hunter will be even more awesome than they already are. Gotta love Aspect specilization!

Jacobus20 said:
Looking at the new talents, it's fairly obvious that a BM hunter will be even more awesome than they already are. Gotta love Aspect specilization!

My thoughts on BM hunter talents...

Master's Call
Your pet attempts to remove all stun and movement impairing effects on the target, and cause them to be immune to all effects for 4 sec.
Instant cast, 40 yd range, 1 min cooldown

Awesome new talent for PVP. It's great that it can be used on others and not just the hunter himself. I think this is a much better talent then beastial swiftness was.

Invigoration
Rank 2 8 1 When your pet scores a critical hit with a special ability, you instantly regenerate 2% mana.

It's great that Blizzard is fianally realizing that they screwed up hunters mana regen. Aspect of the Viper isn't near where it needed to be to sustain mana in an arena. This talent combo'd with the next one will be nice.

Cobra Strikes
You have a 60% chance when you critically hit with Arcane Shot, Steady Shot or Kill Shot to cause your pet's next 3 special attacks to critically hit.

You crit on a steady shot = 6% of your mana back when comboed with invigorate. Kill shot is basically like a ranged execute in case you were wondering.

Longevity
Reduces the cooldown of your Bestial Wrath, Intimidation and Pet Special Abilities by 30%.

Just a basic DPS upgrade. It'll be nice to have Intimidate up 18 seconds sooner in PVP.

Aspect Mastery
Increases the mana returned from your Aspect of the Viper by 10%, reduces the damage done to you while in Aspect of the Monkey by 10% and increases the attack power bonus gained with Aspect of the Hawk by 50%.

Very cool and has multiple effects that would be useful at different times. It no longer costs mana to switch between aspects either.

Beast Mastery
You master the art of Beast training, teaching you the ability to tame Exotic pets and increasing your total amount of Pet Skill Points by 5.

Hmm, I'm not impressed. It really depends on what "exotic pets" are and how important 5 extra skill points will be. If skill points are like talent points I personally wouldn't be uber excited to have 5 more talent points.

Hmm, I'm not impressed. It really depends on what "exotic pets" are and how important 5 extra skill points will be. If skill points are like talent points I personally wouldn't be uber excited to have 5 more talent points.

Based on the new beta info on WotLK, individual pet-types will each have a unique ability. It could be that an exotic pet has a very special/cool/powerful ability that makes this talent worth it.

Based on the new beta info on WotLK, individual pet-types will each have a unique ability. It could be that an exotic pet has a very special/cool/powerful ability that makes this talent worth it.

True true, but we will have to wait and see what that is.

Back