Women on the PGA.  Good or bad?

T

Tom Kazansky

There's the question at hand. Are you for or against this? Discuss.

It's called LPGA...Lesbians' Professional Golf Association (admit it, a lot of them ARE homosexual!).
Or are you talking about WOMEN being on the MEN'S PGA? If that's the case, I'm totally deadset against it! Never. Can't a man have an unprofaned sport to his name? Can't there be one thing that man can do that no woman can in the world of work and sport?
No...let them have their LPGA. Leave the PGA alone. Next thing, women on the NFL and women on the NBA, not satisfied with the W for WNBA. Never!

Leave our sport alone!
mad.gif
:much anger:

I think golf is much safer for women than football, but I don't follow golf or football so I could care less

YEAH BUT WHAT PGA?!
LPGA is for women...PGA is for men. If they touch PGA nothing is sacred for man! It will always be interfered with by women...geez. Leave us alone for once. Have your WNBA, your LPGA, your whatever. How about lacrosse? Leave us alone!

I think the PGA should stay male. I strongly disagree with women playing football.
Ultima; something tells me you are going to have a hard time finding a girlfriend or eventually a wife......

If he doesn't, all the better for him ;)

I hate sports anyway so I could care, but I do tend to get insulted when some women try to find anything that men do and turn it into a big "women can do that too, so get lost!" issue. I mean, you dont see men making a ruccus about cheesy soap operas or exorbitant shopping malls...

But I wanna be a housewife when I grow up guys!
Lol sorry.
Yeah well bachelorhood's good and well...look at Elmer Gantry. Gad I'd hate to have his life. I don't think I'll have too much trouble in that department...just because I have a few opinions doesn't make me a woman-hater. Heh.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I mean, you dont see men making a ruccus about exorbitant shopping malls...

What?!?! That's where EBX and Panda Express are located. I'm the one in our house who is always hollerin' to go to the mall.
smile.gif

In fact, I really want Panda Express tonight.

Ohhh, sorry for getting WAY off topic. I essentially do not watch sports. Never did.

Oh geez....Panda Express?
I ate there in Denver...gad that place sucked. 20 bucks for four plates of the crappiest Chinese in the WORLD! A tiny cup for soda. Tasteless rice and spaghetti-thin noodles. Small chunks of meat and uber-tough to chew, at that.
Gross. How can you EAT there? Go for the Oriental Express, or the Thai Restaurant.

Dude! You crack me up.

I've been eating there for probably 7 years now. Only recently has it not been that great. My wife ate somewhere else tonight because the last 4 or 5 times we've eaten there, she hasn't enjoyed it, so I don't think she's eating there anymore. So I took one kid and my wife took the other. It was nice. I like going on Daddy/Daughter dates.

Hmmm, I wonder if you got the beef. I don't care for beef, so I always get chicken and the chunks of Chicken are a nice size and it's never been tough.

Golf really isn't the same kind of sport as football, basketball, hockey etc... Those all require much more physical prowess, and often can cause injuries from full body contact. The argument for keeping these seperate is pretty good I think, men are simply bigger and stronger than women in general. In golf however, these attributes barely make a difference, if at all. There is practically no risk for injury, and no difference in the risk between a man and a woman. Why shouldn't women be allowed to compete if they want to? Ultima's argument sounds alot like the same one southerners used in the 50s/60s to try and prevent desegregation. I'll use some examples:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]LPGA is for women...PGA is for men. If they touch PGA nothing is sacred for man! It will always be interfered with by women...geez. Leave us alone for once. Have your WNBA, your LPGA, your whatever. How about lacrosse? Leave us alone!
"Black schools and churches are for black people, and white ones are for white people. Why do those blacks want to come to our schools, they already have their own. Plus we dont want them here." Hmm, that type of reasoning is what alot of people in the south used to argue for segregation. Pretty much the same thing Ultima was saying, if you change around a few words.

I can think of no reason, short of blatant sexism to refuse someone to play professional golf simply based on their gender. It's embarrasing that it's still going on today, and it's embarrasing that so many of you here support the way the PGA is now.

I agree with Ultima, ladies should play in the LPGA and men in the PGA. Call it what you will Mustard but the fact of the matter is that they complained and complained to get an LPGA and now they have one. Well now thats not good enough and one of them wants to play in the PGA. Well the PGA is mens only, always has been always will be. There has been only one occurence where a woman has played and everyone hated it then. Its like a man playing in the LPGA b/c hes not good enough to play in the PGA. They wouldn't like that at all and he probably wouldn't be allowed to do it.

I also feel this way about letting the women join at Augusta National. Its been an all mens club since it was open and it should continue to be. The only reason those women want in is b/c they want to be recognized as the first to get in an all mens golf club. Im glad the president is not letting them, ROCK ON.

If you think Im prejudice im not, Im simply reinstating what has been set forth by our fathers. And if you don't like what Im saying sorry but "Get over it".

And proud of it MaxX
biggrin.gif

Dead Aim... Thanks for proving my earlier point. Just because you say you aren't prejudice doesn't mean you aren't, that is the exact same thing people were saying about letting black kids and white kids go to school together. Please tell me how refusing female golfers from joining, simply because of the fact that they are female, is not prejudiced.

Btw, "because thats the way its always been" is not a good answer, just because its been that way for a long time doesn't make it right. Slavery was upheld as an important and moral institution in this country for over 200 years, does that mean it shouldn't have been outlawed?

...Sighs... Some people are just so hard headed and have to be difficult. I find Liberals frustrate me more than anything in the world, besides little screaming kids.

I think the hard headness goes both ways
biggrin.gif
People have their opinions and usually stick to them

Back