Why do you believe in God?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gods_Peon @ Oct. 18 2004,6:59)]
How important is the last piece of a puzzle?

Without it, the puzzle isn't whole.

With it, EVERYTHING comes together.

The evidence of God is that last piece.

Believe me when I say, there is PLENTY of room for Him should He make Himself known.

If I didn't care or fathom of the possibility, would I be here asking your opinions?

Again, I don't use science to disprove God.

I use science to PROVE my beliefs are rational and based on evidence.

Big difference.

we try to understand as much as we can about god, but we CANNOT understand even a fraction of him. just the thought of God has always been there. it is just ungraspable.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SilentAssassin @ Oct. 18 2004,7:14)]we try to understand as much as we can about god, but we CANNOT understand even a fraction of him. just the thought of God has always been there. it is just ungraspable.
rock.gif
Well in light of that, why don't you answer the questions in the original post?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How so what?

Wind is a natural element.

Miracles are what? Suspensions of the laws of nature. Something that has not been evidenced.

Not only miracles prove the existence of God.

What else then? Indulge us.

Be wary though, you're using the word 'prove' again. And you cannot prove nor disprove the existence of god; only give arguements why he probably does or doesn't.

hey! whenever we give you 'proof' u guys ask questions then say, no it is just a fluke. or it was some sort of unheard of human ability. >.<

yup. but i mean you guys should AT LEAST admit it is a bit odd... we are like talking to machines who find faults... well not that bad but u guys ARE a bit like machines...

We just want to know what 'truth' is, and we do not see religion providing us with a feasible way to go about this. If we sound like machines, it's because ascertaining truth is a very, very, very complicated process, so we have to incorperate insane amounts of information, analyze it, etc. Lengthy process, and most people are not willing to go through with it. But a lifetime is a long time...I like to think that I'm just keeping my brain busy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rithkil @ Oct. 18 2004,9:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How so what?

Wind is a natural element.

Miracles are what? Suspensions of the laws of nature. Something that has not been evidenced.

Not only miracles prove the existence of God.
I never made that claim, that is simply what we are discussing at the moment.

What made you think I did?
smile.gif

I am a Freethinker, hence, I cannot, will not, believe in anything without sufficient proof.

There is no sufficient evidence, proof, or reason to believe in any god, let alone the God of the Bible.

No evidence. We've given you evidence, and you still don't accept it. You call us ignorant, and on a Christian Forum.

Back